It is currently 24 Apr 2017, 01:40

Text Size

Amonkhet Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, moomarc, Chris H., DennisBergkamp, Rob Cashwalker, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Amonkhet Spoiler Season

Postby austinio7116 » 21 Apr 2017, 16:49

I believe the implementation of the Decimator Beetle card has a mistake:

SVar:DBPutCounter:DB$ PutCounter | ValidTgts$ Creature | TargetMin$ 0 | TargetMax$ 1 | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature defending player controls | CounterType$ M1M1 | CounterNum$ 1 | TargetingPlayer$ DefendingPlayer

When I cast the card I am unable to choose which opposing creature to target - I suspect it is allowing the opposition player (the AI) to select the target (unless it is randomly being selected). Perhaps it is the TargetingPlayer parameter that is incorrect - but I am very new to the card scripting language.

Edit - I have tested it with the TargetingPlayer parameter removed completely ( so it defaults to the active player) and I think that works assuming that I have understood the card correctly. So the updated line would be:

SVar:DBPutCounter:DB$ PutCounter | ValidTgts$ Creature | TargetMin$ 0 | TargetMax$ 1 | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature defending player controls | CounterType$ M1M1 | CounterNum$ 1
austinio7116

Re: Amonkhet Spoiler Season

Postby austinio7116 » 22 Apr 2017, 11:44

There is a typo in the Manticore of the Gauntlet script shown in bold below, this is causing it not to perform the sub-ability so no 3-damage to opponent:

SVar:TrigPutCounter:DB$ PutCounter | ValidTgts$ Creature.YouCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature you control | CounterType$ M1M1 | IsCurse$ True | SubAbility$ DBDealDAmage | CounterNum$ 1
SVar:DBDealDamage:DB$ DealDamage | ValidTgts$ Opponent | TgtPrompt$ Select target opponent | NumDmg$ 3
austinio7116

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner