It is currently 23 Sep 2019, 15:44

Text Size

Face The Hydra_Using a custom Vanguard Avatar

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, friarsol, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, CCGHQ Admins

Face The Hydra_Using a custom Vanguard Avatar

Postby Xanxer » 12 Jun 2019, 02:53

Hello,
My name is Xanxer and I have been working on a little project trying to get a "Face The Hydra"
style game by making a custom Vanguard Avatar that has a set of rules and abilities that reflect the rules of the "Face The Hydra". I'm new to scripting with API's and want to use forge as a learning tool. (For learning scripting and programming)

What I've been able to script using the Forge API is:
Face The Hydra Avatar 1/1
tfth Face The Hydra cards 11/15 (Struggling with the last 4, Distract the Hydra, Grown from the Stump, Neck Tangle, Swallow the Hero Whole)
thp1 Theros, The Heros path 7/7

All is still a work in progress.

I am also trying to get Defeat a God as well as Defeat the Horde Theros Challenger games scripted by making custom Vanguard Avatars that hold the challenge game rules. Here is my custom face the hydra vanguard avatar.

Code: Select all
Name:Face the Hydra Avatar
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Vanguard
HandLifeModifier:-5/+0

S:Mode$ CantBeCast | ValidCard$ Artifact.Hero | Defined$ Opponent | EffectZone$ Command | NumLimitEachTurn$ 3 | Duration$ Permanent | Description$ Your opponents can't more than 3 Hero cards each game.

T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Draw | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Command | Execute$ TrigDraw | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your draw step, draw an additional card.
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Command | Execute$ TrigDiscard | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your end step, discard your hand.
SVar:TrigDraw:DB$ Draw | NumCards$ 1
SVar:TrigDiscard:DB$ Discard | Mode$ Hand

T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Upkeep | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Command | Execute$ TrigMill | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top card of your library. If it's a Creature card, you may cast that card this turn.
SVar:TrigMill:DB$ Mill | Defined$ You | NumCards$ 1 | Destination$ Exile | RememberMilled$ True | SubAbility$ DBEffect
SVar:DBEffect:DB$ Effect | RememberObjects$ RememberedCard | ConditionDefined$ RememberedCard | ConditionPresent$ Card.Creature,Card.Sorcery | ConditionCompare$ EQ1 | StaticAbilities$ Play | SubAbility$ DBCleanup | ExileOnMoved$ Exile
SVar:Play:Mode$ Continuous | MayPlay$ True | EffectZone$ Command | Affected$ Card.IsRemembered | AffectedZone$ Exile | Description$ You may cast the remembered Creature card.
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True

T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Upkeep | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Command | Execute$ TrigDamage | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of the Hydra's upkeep, CARDNAME deals 1 damage to each opponent for each untapped Head you control, If a untapped Head you control is Legendary, CARDNAME deals 2 damage to each opponent instead.
SVar:TrigDamage:DB$ DealDamage | Defined$ Player.Opponent | NumDmg$ Y | References$ X,Y,Z,W | SpellDescription$ At the beginning of the Hydra's upkeep, CARDNAME deals 1 damage to each opponent for each untapped Head you control, If a untapped Head you control is Legendary, CARDNAME deals 2 damage to each opponent instead.
SVar:X:Count$NumCreatureYouCtrl+Head
SVar:W:Count$NumCreatureYouCtrl+Legendary/Plus.1
SVar:Y:Count$Compare Z GE1.W.X
SVar:Z:Count$Valid Creature.YouCtrl+Legendary

S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Head | AddSVar$ AITap
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Legendary | AddSVar$ AITap

T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | ValidCard$ Card.Creature | Execute$ TrigDig | TriggerController$ TriggeredCardController | TriggerDescription$ Whenever a Hydra Head dies, reveal the top card of your library. You may put that card onto the battlefield if it's a permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less. Otherwise, put that card into your graveyard.
SVar:TrigDig:DB$ Dig | DigNum$ 1 | Reveal$ True | Optional$ True | ChangeNum$ 1 | ChangeValid$ Permanent.cmcLE3 | DestinationZone$ Battlefield | DestinationZone2$ Graveyard

SVar:Picture:
Oracle:At the beginning of the Hydra's upkeep, CARDNAME deals 1 damage to each opponent for each untapped Head you control, If a untapped Head you control is Legendary, CARDNAME deals 2 damage to each opponent instead.n\At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top card of your library. If it's a Head card, you may cast that card this turn.\nWhenever a Hydra Head dies, reveal the top card of your library. You may put that card onto the battlefield if it's a permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less. Otherwise, put that card into your graveyard.
Anyone who would like to help expand on this is welcome to.

As another side project I am trying to make a custom Vanguard avatar that has the rules(or similar rules) of the format "The Horde" where you go up against a deck filled with zombies. Creatures can be cast from the graveyard (your graveyard if you are using the avatar, your opponents graveyard if going against the avatar. (This ones more a side side project).

-Cheers- :D
Attachments
thp1.zip
Theros, The Hero's Path 7/7
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
tfth.zip
Face The Hydra 11/15
(6.95 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
face_the_hydra_avatar.txt
Custom Vanguard Avatar
(3.59 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Xanxer

Re: Face The Hydra_Using a custom Vanguard Avatar

Postby schnautzr » 12 Jun 2019, 12:28

Hi! I worked a lot on Battle the Horde awhile back. Here's what I've got.

Also, join the Discord :) https://discord.gg/kw8TqK
Attachments
upcoming.zip
(22.94 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
schnautzr

Return to Developer's Corner