Text Size

How to get started?

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: How to get started?

Postby Seravy » 25 Jun 2017, 23:00

You mean this one?
Maven.png

It's not working, doesn't even run through that, let alone compile a jar.

...I guess I can run from the source if I really want to use whatever feature I add, it not that important.
Seravy

Postby KrazyTheFox » 25 Jun 2017, 23:03

I would strongly recommend running Maven from outside Eclipse, just because Eclipse makes it difficult at best to get it working.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Seravy » 25 Jun 2017, 23:28

Oh, you meant to type that in a DOS prompt.
Well, that works a bit better, got this far :

maven2.png

Oh well, I guess I rather spend my time doing something more meaningful like trying to add one of the other features I wanted.

Meanwhile I uploaded the "patch" file in the other thread, didn't find a way to export so I had to manually pick the 4 changed files. Hope that works.
Seravy

Postby Seravy » 27 Jun 2017, 11:27

experimenting more with this...

1. I think the correct command might be
mvn install -P windows-linux-release
and not
mvn install -P windows-linux ?
2. It seems to require JDK to be installed so doing that right now.
(why is the wiki pointing at the JRE download? Well, I guess Eclipse did work with that...)

...now it compiles one folder at a time, then still throws an error of having no JDK afterwards...but every time it gets closer to having all of them done as one folder does get done somehow...and now it's done. Well, that was weird but it worked!

...and this means I can now play the game using my changes without having to wait for an official release.
...and trying this upgraded the version of my quest saves to include the new filter rating data so it's not going to be compatible with official releases until it does get included, ouch. Fortunately I have a backup, but it means I can't use the new system until it's officially "in".
Seravy

Postby daitokujibiko » 18 Jul 2017, 16:32

So new versions of intelliJ seem to have changed some stuff, and it took me a while to get forge running with one. To be honest I don't remember what exactly I did, but the steps on the wiki are a bit out of date. For step 6, there is no Maven window on the right, so you've got to find the maven panel which is hidden in View -> Tools Windows -> Maven projects. Step 7 seems to be totally different because I don't get anything when I click run -> edit configuration. I had to navigate the submenus under default and add a new Application configuration and play with the settings there. Hope that helps someone.
daitokujibiko

Postby SHAMUS » 27 Jun 2019, 16:35

Hi, need some help. I have Win10 and have verified that I have the latest version of Java installed (using Java's tool on thier own site). I have downloaded the .jar file, but it won't let me extract. As a matter of fact, the icon is the Internet explorer Icon. I can't seem to extract it to a file that I can unpack. I also checked out video tutorials online. I think maybe I need to set the system to use Java to unpack, but how do I do that? thanks,
Mike
SHAMUS

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner