It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:58

Text Size

Forge Android App

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Android App

Postby drdev » 22 Jun 2014, 17:02

KrazyTheFox wrote:Libgdx released progressive jpg support about a month ago, which would fix all those card image problems. Latest version is 1.2.0, but doesn't appear to have hit the central repository yet. I just noticed that we're using 0.9.9 for the app; is there any specific reason for this?
It's what was recommended at the time. I'm certainly open to upgrading if it's stable, particularly if it includes this fix. Can you keep an eye out for when the fix becomes available?
drdev
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 22 Jun 2014, 17:06

drdev wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:Libgdx released progressive jpg support about a month ago, which would fix all those card image problems. Latest version is 1.2.0, but doesn't appear to have hit the central repository yet. I just noticed that we're using 0.9.9 for the app; is there any specific reason for this?
It's what was recommended at the time. I'm certainly open to upgrading if it's stable, particularly if it includes this fix. Can you keep an eye out for when the fix becomes available?
It's available now, as it was included with the 1.1.0 update. I just woke up and realized my wording was poor in that post. :P
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby drdev » 12 Jul 2014, 18:07

I posted this in the other thread, but could somebody offer up some quest save files that would allow me to test Challenges and Tournaments? I would rather not have to play through enough matches to unlock those.

Also, is it configurable anywhere how many matches it takes to unlock those? I was surprised to not see a quest preference for it.
drdev
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 12 Jul 2014, 18:13

drdev wrote:I posted this in the other thread, but could somebody offer up some quest save files that would allow me to test Challenges and Tournaments? I would rather not have to play through enough matches to unlock those.

Also, is it configurable anywhere how many matches it takes to unlock those? I was surprised to not see a quest preference for it.
Quickest way to do it is to have dev mode active, and cast a 20 point Kaervek's Torch by generating mana on the first turn. Quick victories, and lots of bonus money.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 12 Jul 2014, 18:20

friarsol wrote:Quickest way to do it is to have dev mode active, and cast a 20 point Kaervek's Torch by generating mana on the first turn. Quick victories, and lots of bonus money.
I think the quickest way is actually to just set your opponent's life to 0, then do something to trigger the check. You don't have to search for a card or generate lots of mana.

Regardless, here's my 400 win extended quest:
Extended.txt
(129.55 KiB) Downloaded 406 times

You'll have to rename the extension to .dat.

drdev wrote:Also, is it configurable anywhere how many matches it takes to unlock those?
Huh, guess I forgot to add that. I'll do that once I'm done cleaning up the tournament code.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby drdev » 21 Sep 2014, 04:41

I'm being blocked from publishing an updated .apk. My attempts to access the ftp even on my browser are met with the following:

FTP Problem | Open
SORRY!
If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: webmaster@ftp.cardforge.org
It is possible you have reached this page because:

The IP address has changed.
The IP address for this domain may have changed recently. Check your DNS settings to verify that the domain is set up correctly. It may take 8-24 hours for DNS changes to propagate.

There has been a server misconfiguration.
Please verify that your hosting provider has the correct IP address configured for your Apache settings and DNS records. A restart of Apache may be required for new settings to take affect.

The site may have been moved to a different server.
The URL for this domain may have changed or the hosting provider may have moved the account to a different server.

Can somebody please help me out here? I'd really like to release a fixed version of the Android app.

Also, if this is just a problem because of the wifi I'm using (I'm on vacation), would anyone else be able to do a publish? It might be nice to have a backup person for doing releases in case I'm unable to like this in the future as well.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 21 Sep 2014, 05:04

Can you maybe temporarily upload it (and the relevant assets.zip) to a Dropbox folder or something? (until the FTP issues are sorted out)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 21 Sep 2014, 05:22

drdev, I'm not getting any error with accessing FTP on cardforge.org.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby drdev » 21 Sep 2014, 05:36

Rob Cashwalker wrote:drdev, I'm not getting any error with accessing FTP on cardforge.org.
It must be my hotel's wifi that's blocking me then. Can someone else do the publish then? All the code changes are committed, so you just need to run the following Maven command on forge-gui-android:

-U -B clean -P android-release-build,android-release-sign,android-release-upload install -Dsign.keystore=forge.keystore -Dsign.alias=Forge -Dsign.storepass=forge72 -Dsign.keypass=forge72 -Dcardforge.user=<username> -Dcardforge.pass=<password>

Note that you'll need to update your SDK tools and possibly copy zipalign.exe to your android-sdks/tools folder to get this to work, as I had to update everything to API 20 and SDK 23.

If you don't yet have access to this FTP server, just ask one of the moderators to set you up. As I said, it'd be nice to have a backup for times like this.

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 21 Sep 2014, 07:06

I tried to go through the build process (for the .apk file) and I got stuck. I can get Maven to produce an .apk file for me (using that command you provided) but then it fails when trying to sign it saying that the file "forge.keystore" is not found. Is it supposed to exist somewhere locally or online? If I don't sign the .apk at all, or if I sign it with a custom keystore (that I made on my own using keytool), I then can't get the said .apk to install (once I upload it to the actual device and try to install it, my tablet just says "Application not installed" without any clarifications).

Also, I don't have FTP access yet (so I had to strip out the "upload" goal for now), who exactly should I speak with in order to gain access to it? I'll send a message to Rob and see if he can provide me with ftp credentials, but if not, then please clarify who exactly is in charge of it. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 21 Sep 2014, 12:59

Agetian, I responded to your PM.

While I don't want the credentials widely publicized for obvious reasons, anyone who has them currently should feel free to provide them (privately) to trusted developers who need them to keep the project running smoothly.

Keep in mind also, that the hosting service is just about the cheapest possible service I could find with unlimited bandwidth and storage. As such, expect it to have some issues once in a while. The server is likely shared by many websites, though few as bandwidth intensive as ours.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby drdev » 21 Sep 2014, 13:23

I think I've run into another weird bug with the current build where after a point there's an exception thrown in the rendering code and all the images start appearing as black boxes. Has anyone else seen this?
drdev
Programmer

Postby drdev » 21 Sep 2014, 13:56

Agetian wrote:I tried to go through the build process (for the .apk file) and I got stuck. I can get Maven to produce an .apk file for me (using that command you provided) but then it fails when trying to sign it saying that the file "forge.keystore" is not found. Is it supposed to exist somewhere locally or online? If I don't sign the .apk at all, or if I sign it with a custom keystore (that I made on my own using keytool), I then can't get the said .apk to install (once I upload it to the actual device and try to install it, my tablet just says "Application not installed" without any clarifications).
- Agetian
I just committed my forge.keystore file to SVN. See if that helps.
drdev
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 21 Sep 2014, 15:00

Updating my SDK now; will publish a build after I take a shower.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 21 Sep 2014, 15:09

KrazyTheFox wrote:Updating my SDK now; will publish a build after I take a shower.
I have already taken care of this, so no worries :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner