It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:25

Text Size

Conspiracy and the Draft

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Conspiracy and the Draft

Postby Marek14 » 09 Jun 2014, 18:52

Does this interaction mentioned in Cranial Insertion (http://www.cranialinsertion.com/article/1308) work in Forge♠?

Q: Grenzo, Dungeon Warden turns over a Goblin, but my opponent has Rest in Peace. Do I get my Goblin from exile?

A: You do! The ability doesn't specify that it checks in or returns from a graveyard, so it will check in the first zone the card moves to, if it moves to a public zone, and then move it to the battlefield from that zone. Your little Goblin will make a journey from your library to exile to the battlefield to your opponent's face in record time.
Marek14
Tester

Re: Conspiracy and the Draft

Postby swordshine » 10 Jun 2014, 05:03

Marek14 wrote:Does this interaction mentioned in Cranial Insertion (http://www.cranialinsertion.com/article/1308) work in Forge♠?

Q: Grenzo, Dungeon Warden turns over a Goblin, but my opponent has Rest in Peace. Do I get my Goblin from exile?

A: You do! The ability doesn't specify that it checks in or returns from a graveyard, so it will check in the first zone the card moves to, if it moves to a public zone, and then move it to the battlefield from that zone. Your little Goblin will make a journey from your library to exile to the battlefield to your opponent's face in record time.
Yes, I think so. I foresaw this interaction during the spoiler season and fixed several cards. Similarly, when you cast a Cloudshift targeting a commander, the commander will come back even if it applys the "return-to-the-command-zone" replacement effect.
swordshine

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner