It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:16

Text Size

Magic 2015 Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magic 2015 Spoiler Season

Postby chitsujo » 10 Jul 2014, 23:01

Hey there,

This may be the wrong place for this, but I've been testing out M15 cards.

As written, Invasive Species doesn't work properly. The EBT bounce effect triggers and goes on the stack, but doesn't give any option to actually select and bounce another nonland permanent. I compared the code to other rescue creatures like Stonecloaker, and it looks good, although I don't really know what I'm doing either.
chitsujo

Postby torridus » 11 Jul 2014, 00:44

torridus wrote:
swordshine wrote:@torridus, Jallax, Master Polymorphogist is missing.
My first iteration of the code didn't work as expected, so I recoded the card and haven't had a solid opportunity to test it yet. I'll add Jallax to this thread whenever I've made sure the card works properly.
Evidently Jallax is Jalira, so I've updated my code (below) with the correct official information.

I'm having some difficulties at the moment so in case I don't get around to testing the card's code, here it is:
Jalira, Master Polymorphogist | Open
Code: Select all
Name:Jalira, Master Polymorphogist
ManaCost:3 U
Types:Legendary Creature Human Wizard
PT:2/2
A:AB$ DigUntil | Cost$ 2 U T Sac<1/Creature.Other/another creature> | Defined$ You | Valid$ Creature.nonLegendary | ValidDescription$ nonlegendary creature | FoundDestination$ Battlefield | RevealedDestination$ Library | RevealedLibraryPosition$ -1 | RandomOrder$ True | SpellDescription$ Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a nonlegendary creature card. Put that card onto the battlefield and the rest on the the bottom of your library in a random order.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/jalira_master_polymorphogist.jpg
Oracle: {2}{U}, {T}, Sacrifice another creature: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a nonlegendary creature card. Put that card onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
EDIT: Jalira has successfully been tested. Seems to work fine - I'm not 100% sure if cards are going to the bottom in a random order, but I don't know if Forge allows for this. The code in this post has been updated to be correct.

And although swordshine claimed Hornet Nest, I had to code it to test something. If it's already done, just ignore this:
Hornet Nest | Open
Code: Select all
Name:Hornet Nest
ManaCost:2 G
Types:Creature Insect
PT:0/2
K:Defender
T:Mode$ DamageDone | Execute$ TrigToken | ValidTarget$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | TriggerDescription$ Whenever CARDNAME is dealt damage, put that many 1/1 green Insect creature tokens with flying and deathtouch onto the battlefield.
SVar:TrigToken:AB$Token | Cost$ 0 | TokenAmount$ X | TokenName$ Insect | TokenTypes$ Creature,Insect | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Green | TokenPower$ 1 | TokenToughness$ 1 | TokenKeywords$ Flying<>Deathtouch  | References$ X
SVar:X:TriggerCount$DamageAmount
SVar:HasCombatEffect:TRUE
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/hornet_nest.jpg
Oracle:Whenever Hornet Nest is dealt damage, put that many 1/1 green Insect creature tokens with flying and deathtouch onto the battlefield.
Last edited by torridus on 11 Jul 2014, 23:24, edited 2 times in total.
torridus

Postby friarsol » 11 Jul 2014, 12:48

It's probably worth merging M15 back into the trunk, and maybe post a pre-release snapshot for those interested.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 18 Jul 2014, 05:13

Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 18 Jul 2014, 12:59

Marek14 wrote:Some functional changes here:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2014-07-17
I believe elcnesh and swordshine already handled the Oracle changes of cards last week. (Since they showed up in mtgdata as differences to oracle text). Not sure if anything else really affects us.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 18 Jul 2014, 19:18

Probably not, seems no Comprehensive rules changes were functinal.
Marek14
Tester

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner