It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:25

Text Size

Khans of Tarkir Spoilers

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Khans of Tarkir Spoilers

Postby lujo » 23 Sep 2014, 14:52

Maybe you're way ahead of me but just please do port Taigam’s Scheming if possible in a soonish batch of KTK card. It's an unbelievably strong card, specially when you mix in cards from other blocks. Noone's talking about it yet, which is a bit strange, but it's probably the strongest card in the set.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby friarsol » 23 Sep 2014, 15:03

lujo wrote:Maybe you're way ahead of me but just please do port Taigam’s Scheming if possible in a soonish batch of KTK card. It's an unbelievably strong card, specially when you mix in cards from other blocks. Noone's talking about it yet, which is a bit strange, but it's probably the strongest card in the set.
I believe only 5 cards haven't been scripted yet:

Dragon Grip
Smoke Teller
Rakshasa Vizier
Ride Down
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant

Also, that card seems ok to me. While it does fuel Delve a little bit, and it lets you rearrange your library a little bit. It doesn't let you draw a card, and doesn't actually change the game state. On top of that it's a Sorcery, so you can't even cast it EOT to hold mana open.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby friarsol » 23 Sep 2014, 18:21

I believe Dragon Grip should be something like this, if someone wants to test it out:

Dragon Grip | Open
Name:Dragon Grip
ManaCost:2 R
Types:Enchantment Aura
K:Enchant creature
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.Self | AffectedZone$ Exile,Graveyard,Hand,Library,Command | CheckSVar$ X | SVarCompare$ GE1 | AddHiddenKeyword$ Flash | Description$ Ferocious - If you control a creature with power 4 or greater, you may cast CARDNAME as though it had flash. (You may cast it any time you could cast an instant.)
A:SP$ Attach | Cost$ 2 R | ValidTgts$ Creature | AILogic$ Pump
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.EnchantedBy | AddPower$ 2 | AddKeyword$ First Strike | Description$ Enchanted creature gets +2/+0 and has first strike.
SVar:X:Count$Valid Creature.powerGE4+YouCtrl
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby swordshine » 24 Sep 2014, 01:36

I didn't add Dragon Grip because it didn't work when you try to cast it from an opponent's hand (Sen Triplets).
swordshine

Postby friarsol » 24 Sep 2014, 02:33

swordshine wrote:I didn't add Dragon Grip because it didn't work when you try to cast it from an opponent's hand (Sen Triplets).
Odd. Is that just the flash part doesn't work? Or any part of it?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 24 Sep 2014, 03:32

Villainous Wealth doesn't seem to work properly. It requires that you pay the costs for each spell when they should be free instead.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby swordshine » 24 Sep 2014, 04:56

KrazyTheFox wrote:Villainous Wealth doesn't seem to work properly. It requires that you pay the costs for each spell when they should be free instead.
When I added that card, it worked. I think some recent changes broke it, probably all "WithoutManaCost" cards do not work.
swordshine

Postby triskelion » 24 Sep 2014, 05:01

swordshine wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:Villainous Wealth doesn't seem to work properly. It requires that you pay the costs for each spell when they should be free instead.
When I added that card, it worked. I think some recent changes broke it, probably all "WithoutManaCost" cards do not work.
Narset is on that list of "withoutmanacost" cards that is broken, so it may very well be the case. What could have changed to cause a problem across the board like this?
triskelion

Postby swordshine » 24 Sep 2014, 05:06

triskelion wrote:
swordshine wrote:
Narset is on that list of "withoutmanacost" cards that is broken, so it may very well be the case. What could have changed to cause a problem across the board like this?
Actually, Narset has no relationship with this bug. I fixed Narset by changing part of the incorrect scripts.
swordshine

Postby swordshine » 24 Sep 2014, 06:11

swordshine wrote:
r27634, I did a quick debug to find what caused the bug. It might be related to the new GUI code using sa's ID.

HumanPlay.java, line 116.
Code: Select all
    static SpellAbility chooseOptionalAdditionalCosts(Player p, final SpellAbility original) {
        if (!original.isSpell()) {
            return original;
        }
        final List<SpellAbility> abilities = GameActionUtil.getOptionalCosts(original);
        return p.getController().getAbilityToPlay(abilities);
    }
getAbilityToPlay is broken. I tested a Splice onto Arcane card Desperate Ritual.

Edit:
A possible solution is to reset the ID for the copied sa. Here's my fix, I don't have enough time to test, someone please review it.
Code: Select all
### Eclipse Workspace Patch 1.0
#P ForgeLocal
Index: forge-game/src/main/java/forge/game/spellability/SpellAbilityStackInstance.java
===================================================================
--- forge-game/src/main/java/forge/game/spellability/SpellAbilityStackInstance.java   (revision 27634)
+++ forge-game/src/main/java/forge/game/spellability/SpellAbilityStackInstance.java   (working copy)
@@ -51,7 +51,7 @@
     // Coming off the Stack would work similarly, except it would just add the
     // full active SI instead of each of the parts

-    private final int id;
+    private int id;
     private SpellAbility ability = null;

private SpellAbilityStackInstance subInstace = null;
Index: forge-game/src/main/java/forge/game/spellability/SpellAbility.java
===================================================================
--- forge-game/src/main/java/forge/game/spellability/SpellAbility.java   (revision 27634)
+++ forge-game/src/main/java/forge/game/spellability/SpellAbility.java   (working copy)
@@ -68,7 +68,7 @@
         @Override public boolean canPlay() { return false; }
     }

-    private final int id;
+    private int id;

// choices for constructor isPermanent argument
     private String originalDescription = "", description = "";
@@ -969,6 +969,7 @@
         SpellAbility clone = null;
         try {
             clone = (SpellAbility) this.clone();
+            clone.id = nextId();
         } catch (final CloneNotSupportedException e) {
             System.err.println(e);
         }

swordshine

Postby Agetian » 24 Sep 2014, 13:03

@swordshine: I tested this fix and it seems to both fix the issue you mentioned and also two issues of similar nature as reported in the Bug Reports thread (related to alt costs and playing without paying mana cost). I don't know if this has any deeper-going repercussions anywhere though I haven't noticed any unusual weirdness, please feel free to fix/expand if necessary.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 24 Sep 2014, 15:00

friarsol wrote:
swordshine wrote:I didn't add Dragon Grip because it didn't work when you try to cast it from an opponent's hand (Sen Triplets).
Ahh I think I know what the issue is. With a card like Sen Triplets active, we would need to do something like this:

- Check if you are the controller or if an effect is granting you access to cast this spell
- Gain control of this spell (if you aren't already the controller)
(Not sure if static effects are checked here for the Spell to gain Flash)
- Check normal prerequisites (timing, legal targets)
- Put spell on stack

Then on rewind (if the spell is canceled) lose control of this spell, if you weren't originally the controller.

Sen Triplets seems to be the culprit here though, not specifically Dragon Grip. Do the Visions Flash-Auras (Spider Climb) play nicely in this same manner?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 24 Sep 2014, 16:19

friarsol wrote:
friarsol wrote:
Ahh I think I know what the issue is. With a card like Sen Triplets active, we would need to do something like this:

- Check if you are the controller or if an effect is granting you access to cast this spell
- Gain control of this spell (if you aren't already the controller)
(Not sure if static effects are checked here for the Spell to gain Flash)
- Check normal prerequisites (timing, legal targets)
- Put spell on stack

Then on rewind (if the spell is canceled) lose control of this spell, if you weren't originally the controller.

Sen Triplets seems to be the culprit here though, not specifically Dragon Grip. Do the Visions Flash-Auras (Spider Climb) play nicely in this same manner?
The thing with Dragon Grip is that since the condition is separate for each player, it's possible that one player is able to cast it as instant, while another player is not. You don't get this with Spider Climb since the condition is always active there, regardless of who is casting the spell.
Marek14
Tester

Postby phantumdragun » 26 Sep 2014, 16:04

I don't know if this has been corrected or not, and obviously it's an easy fix by just changing the text in the cardsfolder.zip, but Dazzling Ramparts, the 0/7 white wall is supposed to cost 4 colorless and 1 white mana. It was / is currently listed as 1 colorless and 1 white mana.
phantumdragun

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner