It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:17

Text Size

Removal targeting priorities and block/limited environments

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Removal targeting priorities and block/limited environments

Postby lujo » 16 Sep 2014, 22:48

A suggestion has been put forward to code up a priority list for select individual cards which the AI passes over due to insignificant stats and inability to evaluate the power of their abilities.

Since most draft meta's have been extensively studied already, and since this has a ton of impact in limited, if there could actually be a targeting priority list to make specific format warping cards top priority (like Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero) I volunteer to use my experience and do research and testing to put together short lists of stuff by color for various blocks.

It's not too difficult, especially in egregious cases, since most of it has been well documented, and the AI generally deals with obvious threats well - if it could also target the non-obvious stuff forge limited would be a much, much better experience. Not to mention that the list would also be handy in constructed, too.

I'm currently doing Time Spiral and Masques, but apart from Lin Sivvi, I've yet to home in on the other obvious anomalies, and do a bit more research, but I'll dig up and cross reference a few reliable top limited cards lists for both formats and see if there's problematic stuff, and then move to other formats. I'm not a java programmer, but I can put in hours and work into contributing this way.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Re: Removal targeting priorities and block/limited environme

Postby Fizanko » 17 Sep 2014, 01:38

I remember Elvish Piper being a very low power (and even thoughness) card but that ability can bring very big bad endgame creature cards on the battlefield for ridiculously small mana cost.

I have not made any test to see if the AI is making it a high priority target, but i think it really should be considering what can happen if you get something like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn in your hand and have Elvish Piper deployed on the battlefield.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Return to Developer's Corner