It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:34

Text Size

Fate Reforged Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Fate Reforged Spoiler Season

Postby Agetian » 16 Jan 2015, 06:47

Marek14 wrote:Well, I haven't tried to figure out the SVN yet, but I put my name to everything I did in the Forge Upcoming list.
Ok, thanks for the info!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 16 Jan 2015, 06:59

I committed all the remaining files that I could find in this thread to the FRF branch. I tried to only commit the final versions (and I did not override any of the files already committed to the branch). Please note that I did it mechanically for the most part, so extensive testing and verification is welcome. If I missed anything, please also let me know.

EDIT: I tried parsing the Oracle texts using OracleScraper and OracleScript in online mode but couldn't do it... is it because the Oracle for FRF hasn't been officially published yet or something? I wiped all the old Oracle texts in r28603 and wanted to get the new ones using the auto script, but that failed. If I did something wrong feel free to revert r28603 or to add proper auto Oracle texts if I was just doing something wrong.

- Agetian
Last edited by Agetian on 16 Jan 2015, 07:16, edited 3 times in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 16 Jan 2015, 07:00

Thanks a lot!
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 16 Jan 2015, 10:00

Agetian: Someone, I think, mentioned that the script runs on mtg-data.txt? That wasn't updated yet.

Also, can you please test Artificial Evolution with the Siege cycle? I don't understand how exactly Artificial Evolution works, but I'm worried it might try to change the word "Dragons" on these cards (which is actually a new concept called "anchor word", unrelated to creature types).
Marek14
Tester

Postby swordshine » 16 Jan 2015, 14:04

FRF branch is merged. Remaining cards:
Fate Reforged (185 cards) ... 92.97% (13 cards missing: Abzan Runemark | Jeskai Runemark | Write into Being | Dark Deal | Ghastly Conscription | Noxious Dragon | Sultai Runemark | Arcbond | Friendly Fire | Hungering Yeti | Wild Slash | Arashin War Beast | Winds of Qal Sisma)
I'll commit the runemarks asap.
swordshine

Postby friarsol » 16 Jan 2015, 14:19

Marek14 wrote:Also, can you please test Artificial Evolution with the Siege cycle? I don't understand how exactly Artificial Evolution works, but I'm worried it might try to change the word "Dragons" on these cards (which is actually a new concept called "anchor word", unrelated to creature types).
I don't think it should since the scripts Animate from a generic choice.

Thanks Agetian and swordshine for svn aspects of things yesterday/today. I should have some free time to look into some of these more complex cards today.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 16 Jan 2015, 16:06

swordshine wrote:FRF branch is merged. Remaining cards:
Fate Reforged (185 cards) ... 92.97% (13 cards missing: Abzan Runemark | Jeskai Runemark | Write into Being | Dark Deal | Ghastly Conscription | Noxious Dragon | Sultai Runemark | Arcbond | Friendly Fire | Hungering Yeti | Wild Slash | Arashin War Beast | Winds of Qal Sisma)
I'll commit the runemarks asap.
Well, Runemarks are here, and Noxious Dragon and Hungering Yeti were taken as well, I think, though I didn't work on those.♠
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 16 Jan 2015, 16:11

Marek14 wrote:Well, Runemarks are here, and Noxious Dragon and Hungering Yeti were taken as well, I think, though I didn't work on those.♠
According to the Wiki you claimed Hungering Yeti? Kapoue claimed Noxious Dragon, I don't see either in this thread.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 16 Jan 2015, 17:01

Hm, let me see. It seems Hungering Yeti was my mistake; The only similar card I could find is Dragon Grip and I can't adapt the code since it seems to use hard-coded condition.

Noxious Dragon, on the other hand, seems easy enough.

Code: Select all
Name:Noxious Dragon
ManaCost:4 B B
Types:Creature Dragon
PT:4/4
K:Flying
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigDestroy | TriggerController$ TriggeredCardController | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may destroy target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less.
SVar:TrigDestroy:AB$Destroy | Cost$ 0 | ValidTgts$ Creature.cmcLE3 | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/noxious_dragon.jpg
Oracle:Flying\nWhen Noxious Dragon dies, you may destroy target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 16 Jan 2015, 21:28

Marek14 wrote:Agetian: Someone, I think, mentioned that the script runs on mtg-data.txt? That wasn't updated yet.
Yea it uses mtg-data.txt. I should have some free time either tonight or tomorrow, and I'll see if I can migrate these scripts off mtg-data and instead use http://mtgjson.com/ who seems to update much faster.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby friarsol » 16 Jan 2015, 23:29

Alright I used mtgjson to generate Oracles for FRF with some amount manual work. That way anyone who wants to use Forge tonight for some FRF playtesting can actually see what the cards do in the deck editor. At some point, I'll update the scripts to be fully automated with the new files.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Fizanko » 16 Jan 2015, 23:44

For those of you interested to test the FRF intro decks in current Forge snapshot, here are the 5 ones
Note : at that point, Surprise Attack is the only of those intro decks featuring a card that isn't yet coded in Forge ( Arashin War Beast ) all the other ones are playable.
Still included it so you can just replace that card with another roughly equivalent to still have fun with the deck to playtest FRF.
Attachments
introfate.zip
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Agetian » 17 Jan 2015, 03:24

friarsol wrote:
Marek14 wrote:Agetian: Someone, I think, mentioned that the script runs on mtg-data.txt? That wasn't updated yet.
Yea it uses mtg-data.txt. I should have some free time either tonight or tomorrow, and I'll see if I can migrate these scripts off mtg-data and instead use http://mtgjson.com/ who seems to update much faster.
Oh, gotcha, thanks for the clarification (and for the mtgjson updates for FRF)! By the way, what's the "online mode" for in those scripts? (I thought it could be used to generate Oracles for sets that are not yet part of mtg-data.txt, at least so I thought from superficially scanning the scripts' code, but it looks like that wasn't the intention or the mode doesn't work, at least that way...)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 17 Jan 2015, 03:39

The online mode scrapes from magiccards.info when you pass the set code in. Unfortunately, he's been a bit slow updating his DB recently too, otherwise that would have been fine.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 17 Jan 2015, 13:49

r28636: I committed Fate Reforged and Khans of Tarkir intro decks (and also the KTK event deck) that are currently supported by Forge for use in Quest mode. Thanks to Fizanko for the Forgified deck lists.

It looks like we are one card short in KTK and one card short in FRF in order to be able to support all five intro decks as of right now (Rakshasa Vizier in KTK, Arashin War Beast in FRF). If anybody can code those cards in I'll be able to add the remaining two intro decks to the pool as well.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner