It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:18

Text Size

Storm Count

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Storm Count

Postby Roshak » 03 Jan 2015, 21:17

Hi,
i just discovered Forge and i have alerady fell in love with is, my only problem is that is lacking (or i could not find) an explicit storm count in the UI.
I tried to dowload the sources and have another line showing the storm count in the players Tab, the one next to the log, but i dont get how to do it, i tried to look up the code, but is very huge and my java skills are not that developed... if you can get me some insights on how to proceed i will be happy to try

Thank you in advance
Roshak

Re: Storm Count

Postby Marek14 » 03 Jan 2015, 21:27

Roshak wrote:Hi,
i just discovered Forge and i have alerady fell in love with is, my only problem is that is lacking (or i could not find) an explicit storm count in the UI.
I tried to dowload the sources and have another line showing the storm count in the players Tab, the one next to the log, but i dont get how to do it, i tried to look up the code, but is very huge and my java skills are not that developed... if you can get me some insights on how to proceed i will be happy to try

Thank you in advance
You should be able to see the storm count in card detail panel of storm spells.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Roshak » 03 Jan 2015, 21:41

oh... Thank you!

still is not possibile to have it visibile even if i don't have a storm card? maybe alongside the cards drawn each turn and things like that?
Roshak

Postby drdev » 03 Jan 2015, 22:34

Roshak wrote:oh... Thank you!

still is not possibile to have it visibile even if i don't have a storm card? maybe alongside the cards drawn each turn and things like that?
I think it will show if you view your deck (using the View Deck List menu option) and hover over the storm card in the deck while playing the game. So that way you can see it even if you haven't draw the card yet.

As for showing it elsewhere, it used to show in the Player pane, but it didn't really fit there since its not unique to any one player but rather shared between all player's for the current turn.
drdev
Programmer

Return to Developer's Corner