It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:24

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.37

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge version 1.5.37

Postby Chris H. » 27 Feb 2015, 16:18

Tentative target release date: March 13 2015.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Forge version 1.5.37

Postby Xitax » 01 Mar 2015, 23:59

Would someone please upload these token images and card scripts?
Attachments
tokenupdate.zip
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 278 times
Xitax

Postby Agetian » 02 Mar 2015, 04:57

Xitax wrote:Would someone please upload these token images and card scripts?
I uploaded the scripts but sadly I don't have permissions to upload the token images to cardforge, hopefully someone else can help with that...

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 08 Mar 2015, 22:30

Can we make sure the face down cards after Mulliganing issue gets resolved for the next release? It's very glaring, and it seems like it has to do with the View/Cache system. Having face down cards when your already down a card, makes hard decisions even harder.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Xitax » 08 Mar 2015, 22:33

Argh. Nahiri needs Tokenimage$ for both tokens.

Edit: what's the best way to test card scripts? If I add scripts to the cardsfolder.zip it often corrupts the whole file.
Attachments
nahiri_the_lithomancer.txt
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Xitax

Postby drdev » 11 Mar 2015, 17:15

Is there a plan for card image downloading now that mtgimage has been taken down?

I also feel it might be worth making an announcement about this so people don't wonder why our download links are suddenly failing.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 12 Mar 2015, 05:14

friarsol wrote:Can we make sure the face down cards after Mulliganing issue gets resolved for the next release? It's very glaring, and it seems like it has to do with the View/Cache system. Having face down cards when your already down a card, makes hard decisions even harder.
I agree that this issue is very visible - sadly, I'm not good enough with the GUI code to fix it, so hopefully someone else can. It's not limited only to Mulliganing, by the way, it also happens naturally to me in games 2 and 3 (basically, I think it may happen whenever all cards are returned to the library from all the other zones; basically, at the start of a new game in a match?... Maybe the view cache is not correctly updated for whatever reason in that case? :/ )

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 12 Mar 2015, 18:14

Agetian wrote:
friarsol wrote:Can we make sure the face down cards after Mulliganing issue gets resolved for the next release? It's very glaring, and it seems like it has to do with the View/Cache system. Having face down cards when your already down a card, makes hard decisions even harder.
I agree that this issue is very visible - sadly, I'm not good enough with the GUI code to fix it, so hopefully someone else can. It's not limited only to Mulliganing, by the way, it also happens naturally to me in games 2 and 3 (basically, I think it may happen whenever all cards are returned to the library from all the other zones; basically, at the start of a new game in a match?... Maybe the view cache is not correctly updated for whatever reason in that case? :/ )

- Agetian
I can look into it, though I've never noticed the issue myself. How easy is it to reproduce?
drdev
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 12 Mar 2015, 18:35

drdev wrote:I can look into it, though I've never noticed the issue myself. How easy is it to reproduce?
I was never able to get it to reproduce with specific steps, but it happens fairly regularly. Start a game mulligan down to 3 or so, each time stopping so see if you can see all your cards. (In a few cases, the art was there and faded, but the overlay was not drawn, and then when I played my first land the card then redrew as face down.) If you don't see it concede and start another game. I think it would happen to me once every other multi-mulligan game.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 12 Mar 2015, 19:31

friarsol wrote:
drdev wrote:I can look into it, though I've never noticed the issue myself. How easy is it to reproduce?
I was never able to get it to reproduce with specific steps, but it happens fairly regularly. Start a game mulligan down to 3 or so, each time stopping so see if you can see all your cards. (In a few cases, the art was there and faded, but the overlay was not drawn, and then when I played my first land the card then redrew as face down.) If you don't see it concede and start another game. I think it would happen to me once every other multi-mulligan game.
My experience with it is largely the same, I get it every 3rd or 4th game where I have to mulligan (on average), sometimes more or less rarely than that. For me it doesn't necessarily draw the cards face down, but it may draw them with no name/power/toughness/mana cost overlay (some of them, usually 1 or 2, other ones are fine).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 12 Mar 2015, 19:56

It looks like it only happens if a specific card you mulligan appears in the next hand drawn after being shuffled into your library. That's why it only happens some of the time.

I did learn you can workaround the issue by clicking on the face down card the canceling the prompt to pay its cost. It then returns to your hand face up.

I'll have to dig a bit further to actually fix the issue.

EDIT: Actually, it appears the problem is that the card thinks it's still in the Library zone instead of the Hand zone.

EDIT2: Just figured out this only affects the Desktop game, not the mobile game. I think it's an issue where the CardPanel objects are caching the CardView of the card returned to the library rather than getting the CardView of the new copied card instance that's put in your hand.
drdev
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 12 Mar 2015, 21:12

drdev wrote:I did learn you can workaround the issue by clicking on the face down card the canceling the prompt to pay its cost. It then returns to your hand face up.
Yea that workaround is ok, but it doesn't help when deciding if I want to mulligan a second time. (Half my hand is face down, so I don't know what lands I have if any)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby drdev » 12 Mar 2015, 21:54

I just committed r29020 which fixes the main issue of cards appearing face down after mulliganing. Now I'm working on fixing the issue where those cards aren't properly removed from the hand panel and animated back into place.

EDIT: Just committed r29021, which makes it so cards don't appear to get stuck in your hand during the mulligan process, rather making it appear that the entire hand has been refreshed.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 13 Mar 2015, 07:10

Thanks for the fix, Dan!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby elcnesh » 14 Mar 2015, 10:56

Hi all,

Sorry I've been rather inactive for a couple of weeks, but I've spent a lot of time researching and implementing network game play. The good news is, I've got it working! In r 29033 (sorry once again for the huge commit, should be the last time!) I've added this feature but not yet enabled it visibly; uncomment line 140 of VHomeUI to use it. There's no automatic port forwarding (UPnP) yet, so you'll have to manually configure your router to forward to the hosting machine, but otherwise you should at least be able to host/connect to a lobby, chat, and hopefully play some turns.

The big change of the commit that affects non-network games is the refactoring of the lobby code, so please test that! Other than that the game code is basically unchanged. Let's see if we can run some network games!

One more thing, the previous network code used Jetty, a java web server. Since a web server is rather unsuitable for network games, I ignored it and implemented a new server using Netty. Does anyone object to removing the old Jetty code; were there any other plans with it besides what I've now implemented using Netty?

Cheers,
Elcnesh

PS: network support for Android isn't yet implemented, and doing so would unfortunately require a rewrite of the Android lobby code as well...
elcnesh

Next

Return to Developer's Corner