It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:58

Text Size

Dragons of Tarkir Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Dragons of Tarkir Spoiler Season

Postby BinaryCortex » 20 Mar 2015, 15:57

The file for "Tail Slash" is incorrectly named as "tail_strike.txt".
BinaryCortex

Postby friarsol » 20 Mar 2015, 20:40

Alright I manufactured some time this afternoon to merge DTK into the trunk. Particular shoutouts for Marek for handling most of the scripting, and of course Sloth for going through and posting the scripts up to the SVN.

Any new cards for DTK can now be added to the trunk.

Edit: I was going to update the draft rankings from Bestiaire but they don't seem to have DTK up yet. Are there other sites we've used for rankings aside from them?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby swordshine » 21 Mar 2015, 03:52

Profaner of the Dead: Some codes should be added to forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.filterListByType(CardCollectionView, String, SpellAbility) because it cannot handle things like "toughnessLEX" (only "EQ" is converted currently).
swordshine

Postby friarsol » 21 Mar 2015, 03:57

swordshine wrote:Profaner of the Dead: Some codes should be added to forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.filterListByType(CardCollectionView, String, SpellAbility) because it cannot handle things like "toughnessLEX" (only "EQ" is converted currently).
Really? It tested fine, removing creatures with lower toughness, but not with higher toughness. And I pulled it form Scourge of Fleets.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby friarsol » 21 Mar 2015, 04:26

Ok, I just spent the last few hours scripting a bunch that were leftover that weren't going to take a whole bunch of time to mess with...

So here's the 11 leftover cards for DTK -

6 "Dragon Presence" - Draconic Roar, Dragonlord's Prerogative, Foul-Tongue Invocation, Orator of Ojutai, Scaleguard Sentinels, Silumgar's Scorn

Commune with Lava - Effect to play that expires at the end of your next turn. Shouldn't be terrible.
Dragon Hunter - "CanBlockAsThough" can be written as other examples temporarily if needed
Hedonist's Trove - Not sure that the Misthollow corner case is a strong enough reason not to commit my suggested solution
Revealing Wind - How to reveal any number of face downs. RepeatEach => LookAt?
Risen Executioner - Pump May be Played in Graveyard + RaiseCost of Card.Self EffectZone = Graveyard. (Actually, that might not be quite right, since I think the Raise Cost is conditional on this aspect of May be played, as opposed to any other aspect of May be played it might gain later)

Edit: More thoughts
Last edited by friarsol on 21 Mar 2015, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 21 Mar 2015, 05:48

friarsol wrote:Edit: I was going to update the draft rankings from Bestiaire but they don't seem to have DTK up yet. Are there other sites we've used for rankings aside from them?
I think Bestiaire now has rankings up. :) But other than that, no, I haven't found an alternative site that would contain full rankings for every card in every set :(

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby swordshine » 22 Mar 2015, 06:57

friarsol wrote:
swordshine wrote:Profaner of the Dead: Some codes should be added to forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.filterListByType(CardCollectionView, String, SpellAbility) because it cannot handle things like "toughnessLEX" (only "EQ" is converted currently).
Really? It tested fine, removing creatures with lower toughness, but not with higher toughness. And I pulled it form Scourge of Fleets.
X will always be Profaner of the Dead's toughness in this case. Please try to give ai a 2/2 and exploit a 1/1 creature using Profaner of the Dead's trigger.
swordshine

Postby friarsol » 22 Mar 2015, 12:59

swordshine wrote:
friarsol wrote:
X will always be Profaner of the Dead's toughness in this case. Please try to give ai a 2/2 and exploit a 1/1 creature using Profaner of the Dead's trigger.
I see what you mean now. I just marked it as RemAI, not sure if I'll be able to get around to that, and it looks like there's already other triggers in place that use the same variable (as I mentioned Scourge of the Fleets) if someone wants to add in the appropriate block feel free.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby elcnesh » 22 Mar 2015, 17:27

About revealing cards (Revealing Wind): we could implement that you can look at the cards until they leave the battlefield. Would basically be the equivalent of keeping track of the id's of the cards on paper... Also in paper Magic you basically know what a creature is once you've looked at it, your opponent can't shuffle the cards or anything. Could also solve problems for other cards with such effects.
elcnesh

Postby Marek14 » 22 Mar 2015, 18:34

Yes, I think that would be for best. Once known, it should stay known. In Forge, opponent CAN suddenly shuffle cards if the number of permanents changes and the rows get rearranged -- with Ixidron, for example :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 30 Mar 2015, 18:21

I've added the 9 remaining cards to the Forge Reamining spreadsheet. Hopefully we can come up with a solid way of handling the "Dragon Presence" cards since that represents 6 cards. A fairly significant category when it comes to remaining cards.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Dragons of Tarkir Spoiler Season - Impact Tremors

Postby jdariasl » 28 May 2015, 18:25

Name:Impact Tremors
ManaCost:1 R
Types:Enchantment
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Creature.YouCtrl | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigDmg | TriggerDescription$ Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, Impact Tremors deals 1 damage to each opponent.
SVar:TrigDmg:AB$ DealDamage | Cost$ 0 | NumDmg$ 1 | Defined$ Player.Opponent
SVar:Picture:
Oracle:Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, Impact Tremors deals 1 damage to each opponent.
jdariasl

Postby jdariasl » 28 May 2015, 18:27

Code: Select all
Name:Impact Tremors
ManaCost:1 R
Types:Enchantment
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Creature.YouCtrl | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigDmg | TriggerDescription$ Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, Impact Tremors deals 1 damage to each opponent.
SVar:TrigDmg:AB$ DealDamage | Cost$ 0 | NumDmg$ 1 | Defined$ Player.Opponent
SVar:Picture:
Oracle:Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, Impact Tremors deals 1 damage to each opponent.
jdariasl

Postby friarsol » 28 May 2015, 21:08

jdariasl I'm not really sure why you are posting this? This card is already in Forge.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner