It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 14:49

Text Size

Dragons of Tarkir Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Dragons of Tarkir Spoiler Season

Postby Marek14 » 14 Mar 2015, 19:45

OK, so after my pass, there is 23 missing cards:

Dragon Hunter: it has a complex "can block Dragons as though it had reach" ability.
Gleam of Authority: adding bonus equal to total number of +1/+1 counters on your other creatures.
Orator of Ojutai: dragon presence

Clone Legion: copying multiple creatures, probably doable
Dragonlord's Prerogative: dragon presence
Living Lore: a bit complex, mostly not sure how to exile a card as it enters the battlefield
Profaner of the Dead: exploit card which uses characteristics of the exploited creature
Qarsi Deceiver: new kind of restricted mana
Silumgar's Scorn: dragon presence

Corpseweft: exiling multiple cards as a cost and counting them
Deathbringer Regent: compound enters-the-battlefield condition
Foul-Tongue Invocation: dragon presence
Hedonist's Trove: limited to casting 1 spell through the effect every turn. Similar to Karador?
Risen Executioner: can be played from graveyard for increased cost
Self-Inflicted Wound: not sure how to check for successful sacrifice

Commune with Lava: condition until end of your next turn
Draconic Road: dragon presence
Hardened Berserker: decreasing cost of next spell

Assault Formation: limited version of Doran's ability
Deathmist Raptor: returning to battlefield in either of two states, probably doable
Revealing Wind: ability to look at multiple face-down creatures
Scaleguard Sentinels: dragon presence

Arashin Sovereign: choice where to put it, probably doable

As for tokens from the set, Dragons of Tarkir has 6 tokens (plus emblem for Narset). The tokens are:

u_2_2_djinn_monk for Ojutai's Summons and Skywise Teachings
r_4_4_dragon_DTK for Descent of the Dragons, Dragon Whisperer and Sarkhan Unbroken
w_1_1_warrior_DTK for Secure the Wastes
b_2_2_zombie_DTK for Necromaster Dragon and Rakshasa Gravecaller
b_x_x_zombie_horror for Corpseweft

The Goblin token is only used by the reprinted Dragon Fodder.
Marek14
Tester

Postby matrix4767 » 14 Mar 2015, 20:05

I noticed Misthoof Kirin's oracle has Atarka Efreet text poking in.
I really hope there's away the Dragon Presence cards can be implemented somehow.
If Hedonist's Trove is complete, will Karador be able to be added in as well?
matrix4767

Postby Marek14 » 14 Mar 2015, 21:38

Corrected Misthoof Krin -- this problem appeared with more cards, but I already corrected some of them.

As for dragon presence cards, it's a bit complex, especially if it has to work correctly with Artificial Evolution and Infinite Reflection :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 14 Mar 2015, 22:29

Maybe we can write up the scripts to work in isolation, but won't work for Clone/Fork effects, and provide them for anyone who wants the cards but won't actually be in the release, and then just add them into the Forge Remaining list until we can figure out the best way to handle the timing for looking up when the spell was cast for the Dragon presence.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 15 Mar 2015, 21:49

friarsol wrote:Maybe we can write up the scripts to work in isolation, but won't work for Clone/Fork effects, and provide them for anyone who wants the cards but won't actually be in the release, and then just add them into the Forge Remaining list until we can figure out the best way to handle the timing for looking up when the spell was cast for the Dragon presence.
I think that foolproof implementation needs a list of what creature types you controlled when a spell was cast, just like it's necessary to store information about what types of mana were used to cast a spell. If there was a "changeling" option to set all types to true, it shouldn't take up much resources. The dragon presence cards then will need to modify this list by adding the revealed card to it. Fortunately, I don't think that cards like Silvergill Adept need to do the same, even if they happen to copy Scaleguard Sentinels through Infinite Reflection, the cost is not actually the same Scaleguard Sentinels talk about...

Alternate solution would be to have a perfect game recall that could be rewound to any point in the past; this could be used to retrieve any information, and it might eventually appear as a side-effect of the traversable game code...
Marek14
Tester

Postby BinaryCortex » 16 Mar 2015, 23:19

Hi, I'm new here. First, great work on this application, I play it on my tablet, desktop, and laptop, and I can't wait for the multiplayer mode to be fully implemented. In my excitement for Dragons of Tarkir, I started looking to see if there was a version with DTK cards implemented, which lead me here. Then I explored the folders and found the "cardsfolder" folder. I love that I can add the cards myself to test them out. Which brings me to the reason I am posting. I had a 3 power creature on the board, and then dropped "Surrak, the Hunt Caller" on turn 4 and was expecting to give himself haste, but nothing happened. So I opened the file and noticed that it is set to trigger off the graveyard instead of the battlefield. I changed "Graveyard" to "Battlefield", and it worked just fine. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Ian

Code: Select all
Name:Surrak, the Hunt Caller
ManaCost:2 G G
Types:Legendary Creature Human Warrior
PT:5/4
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ BeginCombat | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Graveyard | CheckSVar$ X | SVarCompare$ GE8 | Execute$ TrigPump | TriggerDescription$ Formidable - At the beginning of combat on your turn, if creatures you control have total power 8 or greater, target creature you control gains haste until end of turn.
SVar:X:Count$SumPower_Creature.YouCtrl
SVar:TrigPump:AB$ Pump | Cost$ 0 | ValidTgts$ Creature.YouCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature you control | KW$ Haste
SVar:Picture:(url removed because it looks too spammy for a new user)
Oracle:Formidable - At the beginning of combat on your turn, if creatures you control have total power 8 or greater, target creature you control gains haste until end of turn.
BinaryCortex

Postby BinaryCortex » 17 Mar 2015, 06:33

I just noticed that the file for Swift Warkite is named swiftwing_warkite.txt. Thanks.
Ian
BinaryCortex

Postby Marek14 » 17 Mar 2015, 07:02

Thanks, BinaryCortex! I must have made a mistake.
Marek14
Tester

Postby BinaryCortex » 17 Mar 2015, 21:41

Marek14 wrote:Thanks, BinaryCortex! I must have made a mistake.
No problem, I can mostly understand the script/language for the cards, is there anything I can do to help? Other than my current Q/A that is.
BinaryCortex

Postby friarsol » 18 Mar 2015, 04:02

DTK is up on Gatherer, if we merge in the next day or two I'll setup my Oracle script to update any cards that didn't get Oracle created for them during scripting.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 18 Mar 2015, 16:05

Release notes are up (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-03-18) and it looks like copies of Silumgar's Scorn etc. do get the dragon bonus if additional cost was paid (but the "control a Dragon" clause is irrelevant for them). Not sure yet how it interacts with Artificial Evolution.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 18 Mar 2015, 16:20

Marek14 wrote:Release notes are up (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-03-18) and it looks like copies of Silumgar's Scorn etc. do get the dragon bonus if additional cost was paid (but the "control a Dragon" clause is irrelevant for them). Not sure yet how it interacts with Artificial Evolution.
Surprising they mentioned spell is copied, but not mentioned if a Clone copies one already on the battlefield. Unless we hear otherwise, I'd still take that to mean that the Clone looks back at when it was cast about the Dragon presence clause.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 18 Mar 2015, 17:12

friarsol wrote:
Marek14 wrote:Release notes are up (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-03-18) and it looks like copies of Silumgar's Scorn etc. do get the dragon bonus if additional cost was paid (but the "control a Dragon" clause is irrelevant for them). Not sure yet how it interacts with Artificial Evolution.
Surprising they mentioned spell is copied, but not mentioned if a Clone copies one already on the battlefield. Unless we hear otherwise, I'd still take that to mean that the Clone looks back at when it was cast about the Dragon presence clause.
There's precedens for this with Clone and sunburst cards, isn't there?
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 18 Mar 2015, 20:20

It looks like Hedonist's Trove is a little simpler than Karador; basically because there isn't really a way for you to cast the cards exiled by the Trove in a normal fashion. Whereas with Karador, cards like Gravecrawler are the reason Karador isn't done right now. Because there needs to be a choice about how you are casting the Gravecrawler (through it's own ability vs through Karador's ability). And that choice then needs to be stored if it was through Karador.

Here's the general prose I would use for the Trove (very similar to how I thought might work for Karador at some point in the past)

ETB Trigger = Bojuka Bog + Remember.
Lands = Crucible of Worlds for Remembered (from Exile).
NonLands = Static Trigger to store Svar if this is in play, and you cast a remembered card. Another static trigger to clear this svar at EOT. Static Ability based on this svar with crucible of worlds ability, but for creatures. (This is not compatible with cards like Gravecrawler)
Tracking = When a card Remembered by Trove leaves Exile, remove it from the Remembered list.

Here's a very rough outline (I think I might have inverted the set/reset SVar portion, and the MayBePlayed things are definitely not right for an opponent playing them). Hard to script complex cards without being able to search existing cards -

Code: Select all
# Exile Graveyard
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigExile | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, exile all cards from target player's graveyard.
SVar:TrigExile:DB$ ChangeZoneAll | ValidTgts$ Opponent | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Exile | ChangeType$ Card | RememberChanged$ True
# Crucible of Worlds
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Land.IsRemembered | AffectedZone$ Exiled | AddHiddenKeyword$ May be played | Description$ You may play land cards exiled with CARDNAME.
# Grant Casting
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.IsRemembered | AffectedZone$ Exiled | AddHiddenKeyword$ May be played | CheckSVar$ CastFromTrove | Description$ You may cast nonland cards exiled with CARDNAME. You can't cast more than one spell this way each turn.
SVar:CastFromTrove:Number$ 1
# Tracking
T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Card.IsRemembered | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | Execute$ SetTrove | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Static$ True
SVar:SetTrove:DB$ StoreSVar | SVar$ CastFromTrove | Type$ Number | Expression$ 0
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Cleanup | ValidPlayer$ Player | Execute$ ResetTrove | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Static$ True
SVar:ResetTrove:DB$ StoreSVar | SVar$ CastFromTrove | Type$ Number | Expression$ 1
# Clearing Cards
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Exile | Destination$ Any | ValidCard$ Card.IsRemembered | Execute$ TrigClear
SVar:TrigClear:DB$ Cleanup | ForgetDefined$ TriggeredCard
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Midori » 18 Mar 2015, 22:01

friarsol wrote:It looks like Hedonist's Trove is a little simpler than Karador; basically because there isn't really a way for you to cast the cards exiled by the Trove in a normal fashion. Whereas with Karador, cards like Gravecrawler are the reason Karador isn't done right now. Because there needs to be a choice about how you are casting the Gravecrawler (through it's own ability vs through Karador's ability). And that choice then needs to be stored if it was through Karador.
I dont want to spoil your optimism, but isn't there a problem with Misthollow Griffin similar to the one with Gravecrawler?

Edit:
For example, your opponent exiles your graveyard with Hedonist's Trove and you later gain control of it with Confiscate.
Midori

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner