It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 05:49

Text Size

Forge version 1.6.0

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.6.0

Postby friarsol » 18 Jun 2015, 14:11

The card isn't scriptable right now, both Swordshine and I tried, but it needs coding changes before it can be added.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby drdev » 18 Jun 2015, 15:46

I posted this in the Network thread too, but network play is completely broken right now. It really should be fixed before we release 1.6.0, and ideally even sooner as I've got an Android app release waiting on it being fixed.

The problem is that the non-hosting player never receives the game state properly, and the game crashes then the player tries to take any action, such as confirming whether to play first or mulligan, due to their instance having no current player and thus no controller set.
drdev
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 18 Jun 2015, 15:47

Even if this gets fixed, I'm not sure network play is stable enough to warrant bumping from 1.5 to 1.6...
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby drdev » 18 Jun 2015, 15:50

friarsol wrote:Even if this gets fixed, I'm not sure network play is stable enough to warrant bumping from 1.5 to 1.6...
That's fine, but it won't be possible to stabilize it until you can get past the first player 2 input. Also, it used to work better than it does now and had to have broken recently.

Even if it's just to provide a snapshot for people in the Beta thread reporting this issue and to allow me to release the first Android build with semi-functional network support, this issue should be top priority to get fixed by anyone who understands the code. I took a stab at fixing it myself but unfortunately could not figure out what's happening.
drdev
Programmer

Postby drdev » 22 Jun 2015, 16:42

drdev wrote:
friarsol wrote:Even if this gets fixed, I'm not sure network play is stable enough to warrant bumping from 1.5 to 1.6...
That's fine, but it won't be possible to stabilize it until you can get past the first player 2 input. Also, it used to work better than it does now and had to have broken recently.

Even if it's just to provide a snapshot for people in the Beta thread reporting this issue and to allow me to release the first Android build with semi-functional network support, this issue should be top priority to get fixed by anyone who understands the code. I took a stab at fixing it myself but unfortunately could not figure out what's happening.
Has anyone had a chance to look into this issue?
drdev
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 22 Jun 2015, 17:02

drdev wrote:Has anyone had a chance to look into this issue?
Wasn't elcnesh the only one working on network play?

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5035&p=179858&hilit=elcnesh#p179853
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Fizanko » 14 Jul 2015, 21:12

shteev in the Ultimate Quest thread mentionned the following intro decks were missing from Forge precons folder :
Rat's Nest
Dark Devotion
Ninjutsu
Transference
All those deck features Forge-compatible cards, so i decided to make the dck files.

They're to be placed in
forgedirectory\res\quest\precons\
like the other intro and precons decks (i added the shop entries and description), someone should check if i didn't screw them up though.

The decklist seems correct, the cards all appear in Forge deck editor.

Rat's Nest
Used the decklist :
http://www.wizards.com/magic/displaythe ... &decknum=3

Transference
Used the decklist :
http://www.wizards.com/magic/displaythe ... =4&lang=en

Dark Devotion
Used the decklist :
http://archive.wizards.com/magic/displa ... =1&lang=en

Ninjustu
Used the decklist :
http://www.wizards.com/magic/displaythe ... &decknum=2
Attachments
someintrodc.zip
some intro decks
(2.87 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby drdev » 19 Jul 2015, 01:17

So I have good news and bad news. The good news is I finally figured out how to fix the issue that prevented player 2 from taking an action in a network game. You can now actually start a network game between two humans on different devices (including desktop-to-desktop, Android-to-Android, and desktop-to-Android), and have each side be able to view accurate states of all the zones and pass priority back and forth.

The bad news is there are still some showstopping bugs. Namely that the game freezes if player 2 tries to cast a spell and combat doesn't appear to work correctly. Also, player 2's permanents don't appear to untap unless they play another permanent.

I'm going to try to fix these remaining showstoppers before Monday's release so we can announce working network play along with the release of Origins. I just wanted to give an update since I finally cracked the biggest issue.

EDIT: It appears desktop-to-desktop crashes for player 2 as soon as player 1 passes priority the first time. Android as player 2 doesn't have this issue.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Golob » 19 Jul 2015, 01:38

friarsol wrote:The colored booster packs seem kinda... awkward as a post-game reward to me. Anyone else? Like it just says "Blue" Blue what? Blue modern? Blue anything?
Maybe repacks :) And make them have chances of cards based on prices inside the rarity tiers, i.e. more expensive cards will show less often (will surely be obtainable, but with lower chance of getting).
Easy algorithm: weigths for cards in rarity tier are inverses of square roots of their prices.
Golob

Postby kudit » 06 Nov 2015, 18:41

Since this obviously didn't happen, can you make sure posts like this include the text "tentative" or"(tentative release date)" or something similar to indicate this isn't a post with the current version and links?
Please give feedback on our card database at http://www.deckmaster.info
Send comments via PM here or info@deckmaster.info
kudit

Postby friarsol » 06 Nov 2015, 21:46

kudit wrote:Since this obviously didn't happen, can you make sure posts like this include the text "tentative" or"(tentative release date)" or something similar to indicate this isn't a post with the current version and links?
There's not really any need for that. Forge releases are always in the base Forge board, not in Developer's Corner, and are always pinned.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner