It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:43

Text Size

Cardforge.org and .net

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Cardforge.org and .net

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 14 Jun 2015, 01:51

Devs,

The host for cardforge.org has suddenly revised their plans. The basic cheap hosting account that had unlimited storage and bandwidth, is now limited to 10 GB storage, luckily bandwidth is still free. (163 GB so far in June)

The site clocks in at almost 60 GB. Obviously there's a history of releases and snapshots in there that aren't necessary. The only downloads lately are for the android releases. Images must be coming from other sources. The bug tracker is out-of-favor.

I think I'm ready to give up the domains, I don't have as much interest lately, and they do cost some money to keep up. I'd like to transfer them to someone, like KrazyTheFox who is able to maintain a site. This needs to happen very soon, I'm getting notices from the host about account de-activation due to space.

The price grabber script and related database are the only feature that hasn't been replicated, correct? I have been maintaining this, and wouldn't mind continuing to do so. (just need FTP access to its folder, and a cron job set to run it, assuming the database is transferred as-is)
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Re: Cardforge.org and .net

Postby KrazyTheFox » 14 Jun 2015, 02:18

I'll toss a PM your way in a few about the domain transfers. The only feature missing is the price script and potentially the draft data, if we ever want to make use of that. I've written up my own solution for the card prices which I may end up using instead. The Android releases should be easy to move over as well, but older versions would probably need to be deleted for space concerns (I'll PM you in a few, Dan).

I spent some time moving images to .link already since everyone was having issues with using FTP to upload to .org.

Is anyone particularly attached to the cardforge.org domain? There's a few things that can be done with it:
Choose one—
• Replace .link with .org again and point it towards the new server and let .link expire.
Redirect .org to .link.
• Let .org expire and just use .link.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby proud » 14 Jun 2015, 10:15

Hi there,

It sounds like your host is changing the hosting plan. However, I don’t see why the domain name can’t be used with a different host by just changing the nameservers. In other words, you don’t have to lose the domain name; you (or someone) just need a different host.

Still, if you do wish to let it go, I would love to use it for a project I’m working on.
aka ancestral, mproud
MTG.Design
proud

Postby drdev » 14 Jun 2015, 13:52

We don't need to keep around more than the last few Android releases, so we can definitely clear some space.
drdev
Programmer

Return to Developer's Corner