It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:23

Text Size

Battle for Zendikar spoiler season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Battle for Zendikar spoiler season

Postby Marek14 » 20 Sep 2015, 16:07

So the whole set is done, at least until the FAQ comes out? :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby KrazyTheFox » 20 Sep 2015, 16:20

Marek14 wrote:So the whole set is done, at least until the FAQ comes out? :)
Almost! By my count we're still missing working implementations of the following (I haven't attempted any fixes yet today):

We're very, very close, though!
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 20 Sep 2015, 17:59

Halimar Tidecaller is unable to find cards with the Awaken keyword because the game removes it from the card when it parses the ability:

Code: Select all
    private static SpellAbility makeAwakenSpell(final Card card, final String awakenKeyword) {
        card.removeIntrinsicKeyword(awakenKeyword);

When I comment out that line, Halimar Tidecaller can return cards with Awaken successfully. I can't seem to find a reason why the keyword should be removed; if someone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 20 Sep 2015, 21:31

KrazyTheFox wrote:When I comment out that line, Halimar Tidecaller can return cards with Awaken successfully. I can't seem to find a reason why the keyword should be removed; if someone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.
I don't think there's any reason why it should be removed. The Awaken additional cost should only be applied once, no matter if it's the keyword is there or not.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby friarsol » 20 Sep 2015, 21:42

I'd be ok with merging the BFZ cards into the main trunk, give people on the svn a full workweek to play with the new cards and get everything ironed out the rest of the way.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby swordshine » 21 Sep 2015, 05:40

btw, I think March from the Tomb wasn't fully implemented.
swordshine

Postby Sloth » 21 Sep 2015, 08:21

swordshine wrote:btw, I think March from the Tomb wasn't fully implemented.
Yup, targets with total cmc of 8 or less is not supported yet (and there is no card that is similar).
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 21 Sep 2015, 16:40

r30074-30076: I added code support for March from the Tomb. It was a bit difficult for me because the area of code it affects was rather new for me, hope I didn't break anything in the process (related to targeting, anyway). I also updated the code for March from the Tomb that was in the SVN - it's no longer optional (I'm not sure why it was made optional originally, it doesn't look like the ability should be treated as optional?) + it uses the updated name for the parameter that is responsible for the maximum total target CMC (MaxTotalTargetCMC).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 22 Sep 2015, 02:30

Ok, for some reason Merging the BFZ folder back into cardsfolder wasn't working for me, so I just exported/imported them back in. So we should have anything checked into BFZ folder available for wider testing.

Also, is this right, there are 10 different basic land arts? As far as I can tell there should only be 5.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 22 Sep 2015, 02:35

friarsol wrote:Ok, for some reason Merging the BFZ folder back into cardsfolder wasn't working for me, so I just exported/imported them back in. So we should have anything checked into BFZ folder available for wider testing.

Also, is this right, there are 10 different basic land arts? As far as I can tell there should only be 5.
There's five unique pieces of art for each land and a regular and full art copy of each, totaling 10.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 22 Sep 2015, 02:41

KrazyTheFox wrote:There's five unique pieces of art for each land and a regular and full art copy of each, totaling 10.
Ouch. This is super bloating Sealed Decks with our algorithm. I just got like 12432379235 basic lands.

Drdev, any chance that you'll implement your awesome "Add basic lands" feature into desktop limited?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby drdev » 23 Sep 2015, 01:11

friarsol wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:There's five unique pieces of art for each land and a regular and full art copy of each, totaling 10.
Ouch. This is super bloating Sealed Decks with our algorithm. I just got like 12432379235 basic lands.

Drdev, any chance that you'll implement your awesome "Add basic lands" feature into desktop limited?
I could do that. I doubt I'd finish before this weekend though.
drdev
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 23 Sep 2015, 01:37

drdev wrote:I could do that. I doubt I'd finish before this weekend though.
Whenever you have time would be great. It's definitely one of the main features in Mobile that I've been jonesing for on Desktop.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 23 Sep 2015, 18:20

Rules are out:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-09-23

so we/you can check if all cards are implemented correctly
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 23 Sep 2015, 18:59

Well, things that need to be checked/corrected are:

Processors:
Face-down cards in exile are grouped using two criteria: what caused them to be exiled face down and when they were exiled face down. If you want to put a face-down card in exile into its owner's graveyard, you must first choose one of these groups and then choose a card from within that group at random. For example, say an artifact causes your opponent to exile three cards from his or her hand face down. Then on a later turn, that artifact causes your opponent to exile another two cards face down. If you use Wasteland Strangler to put one of those cards into his or her graveyard, you would pick the first or second pile and put a card chosen at random from that pile into the graveyard.
Landfall:
If the ability has an additional or replacement effect that depends on the land having a certain basic land type, the ability will check that land's type as the ability resolves. If, at that time, the land that entered the battlefield is no longer on the battlefield, use its types when it left the battlefield to determine what happens.
Bane of Bala Ged:
If Bane of Bala Ged attacks a planeswalker, the defending player may exile that planeswalker. Bane of Bala Ged will still be attacking and may be blocked as normal. If it's not blocked, it won't deal combat damage.
Crumble to Dust:
You may leave any cards with that name in the player's graveyard, hand, or library. You don't have to exile them.
Ob Nixilis Reignited:
The emblem created by Ob Nixilis Reignited's last ability is both owned and controlled by the target opponent. In a multiplayer game, if you own Ob Nixilis Reignited and use him to give one of your opponents an emblem, the emblem remains even if you leave the game.
Oblivion Sower:
Cards that are face down in exile have no characteristics. Such cards can't be put onto the battlefield with Oblivion Sower's ability.
Titan's Presence:
The colorless creature card stays revealed until Titan's Presence leaves the stack.
The colorless creature card you reveal doesn't have to still be in your hand as Titan's Presence resolves. If it's not, use its power as it last existed in your hand.
Ugin's Insight:
If X is 0, you won't scry at all. Any abilities that trigger whenever you scry won't trigger.
Unnatural Aggression:
If the creature you control becomes an illegal target (perhaps due to being destroyed by another spell or ability), Unnatural Aggression will resolve, but the target creature an opponent controls will neither deal nor receive any damage. If that creature would die later in the turn for another reason, it will be exiled instead.
Void Winnower:
For spells with X in their mana costs, use the value chosen for X to determine if the spell's converted mana cost is even or not. For example, your opponent could cast Endless One (with mana cost X) with X equal to 5, but not with X equal to 6.
Marek14
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner