Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge version 1.5.47 or 1.6.0

Postby Chris H. » 02 Oct 2015, 17:52

Tentative target release date: ?
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Forge version 1.5.47 or 1.6.0

Postby drdev » 04 Oct 2015, 22:06

Just as a heads up, I'm working on adding an exciting new feature: Deck Records. This will allow people to view how many game/match wins and losses each of their decks has, as well as their individual matchups against other decks. This feature will work for constructed, limited, and quest mode, and will even track the AI's record with non-generated decks. You'll be able to filter out AI results when viewing these records of course, but I felt it'd be good to support AI records in case you use AI vs. AI to test out decks.

I've committed some preparatory changes that allow the Deck class to know the directory it comes from, which I will use to generate a unique key for the deck for the sake of saving and loading these records. Note that they will not be stored in the deck files themselves, meaning you must rename decks from within the app (as opposed to renaming the files) to avoid breaking the records.

If you have any thoughts about this feature or what the UI should look like, please feel free to share.
drdev
Programmer

Postby bfarias » 04 Oct 2015, 22:48

Hello, I really want to plahy EDH with Karador, ghost chieftain but it isn't in the commander card list, why?? theres a problem with it?? thanks for the program, very very good one :)
bfarias

Postby Agetian » 08 Oct 2015, 10:33

Posting this information so that it isn't forgotten before the next beta is released: as of right now, Quest mode is broken because the deck saving process is causing a NPE. Hopefully Dan will be able to finish the feature mentioned above and thus also remedy the issue before the next beta, but if worst comes to worst, temporarily reverting revisions 30224-30228 would also fix the issue.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 08 Oct 2015, 17:14

Agetian wrote:Posting this information so that it isn't forgotten before the next beta is released: as of right now, Quest mode is broken because the deck saving process is causing a NPE. Hopefully Dan will be able to finish the feature mentioned above and thus also remedy the issue before the next beta, but if worst comes to worst, temporarily reverting revisions 30224-30228 would also fix the issue.

- Agetian
I'll get that issue fixed up tonight if I can, tomorrow at the latest.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 10 Oct 2015, 07:55

I decided to post this information here because it's important enough to get fixed before the next release, in my opinion:

There's an interesting UI bug which allows you to cast a spell from any card that has more than one cost choice basically at any time ("as if it had flash"). Here's a sample test case: add any creature to your hand that has Morph. For example, Abzan Guide will do. Now, on your turn (M1/M2), left-click it such that the cost payment choice appears (whether you want to hard-cast it for its full mana cost or if you would like to cast it for {3} as a face-down Morph). Now, don't click anything but instead use the Space key to skip phases. You will notice that the context menu still remains on the screen. Now get to any phase you want using this method (say, to opponent's Draw phase) and then click the choice in the context menu. You will notice that you can pay the mana cost now and the creature spell will actually be cast (despite the fact you should not legally be allowed to).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 10 Oct 2015, 17:25

drdev wrote:
Agetian wrote:Posting this information so that it isn't forgotten before the next beta is released: as of right now, Quest mode is broken because the deck saving process is causing a NPE. Hopefully Dan will be able to finish the feature mentioned above and thus also remedy the issue before the next beta, but if worst comes to worst, temporarily reverting revisions 30224-30228 would also fix the issue.

- Agetian
I just tested this and cannot reproduce the NPE. Did somebody else fix it already, or is there something special I need to do?
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 10 Oct 2015, 17:31

drdev wrote:
drdev wrote:

- Agetian
I just tested this and cannot reproduce the NPE. Did somebody else fix it already, or is there something special I need to do?
It was wrapped in r30251 by Sol so that it doesn't NPE, but it's probably not the intended correct solution - it merely wraps a NPEing line in try-catch and ignores the exception, that is. Please take a look when/if you have time. ;)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 10 Oct 2015, 17:54

Agetian wrote:I decided to post this information here because it's important enough to get fixed before the next release, in my opinion:

There's an interesting UI bug which allows you to cast a spell from any card that has more than one cost choice basically at any time ("as if it had flash"). Here's a sample test case: add any creature to your hand that has Morph. For example, Abzan Guide will do. Now, on your turn (M1/M2), left-click it such that the cost payment choice appears (whether you want to hard-cast it for its full mana cost or if you would like to cast it for {3} as a face-down Morph). Now, don't click anything but instead use the Space key to skip phases. You will notice that the context menu still remains on the screen. Now get to any phase you want using this method (say, to opponent's Draw phase) and then click the choice in the context menu. You will notice that you can pay the mana cost now and the creature spell will actually be cast (despite the fact you should not legally be allowed to).

- Agetian
Fixed in r30268.
drdev
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 11 Oct 2015, 23:24

Drafts should now be (mostly) fixed. I couldn't figure out how to keep the match focused, but I think I got all the other bugs. There's now more sets available to play and they should all be in the correct order. I changed a fair bit, so let me know if I broke anything.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 13 Oct 2015, 05:51

I'm investigating the Infernal Scarring + Humility interaction (and other similar cases, such as e.g. Avarice Amulet + Humility) and I need some help, if possible.

The current problem as it stands is that the triggered ability granted by Infernal Scarring and other similar cards to a creature is not removed by Humility.

I traced the relevant code (which is applyContinuousAbility in StaticAbilityContinuous.java) while experimenting with Abattoir Ghoul enchanted with Infernal Scarring in the presence of Humility and came to the following conclusions:

1. The trigger is added to the creature card on lines 565-571. Trapping that code in debugger (e.g. line 567) shows that the triggered ability is indeed correctly added to the card, and that it is indeed added to the creature itself (Abattoir Ghoul is shown as having the triggered ability listed in its array list of triggers). The strange thing here is that for whatever reason, there are two triggers visible on the card, one marked as "temporary" and one not marked so, but at least they are both listed on the creature and not on the enchantment.

2. Removing all triggers under the influence of RemoveAllAbilities happens on lines 587-592. Trapping that code (e.g. line 590) reveals that the relevant code block is executed several times (potentially for different layers?), but for whatever reason, neither of the triggers mentioned in (1) above is visible in this block of code in all iterations. The only trigger seen on the creature card from this location happens to be the intrinsic trigger of Abattoir Ghoul, but the trigger(s) granted in (1) are not seen here, and thus not removed.

3. I thought it may have to do with the static ability layers (the triggers being added after the removal already happens), but this appears not to be the case, at least as far as I could tell. Moreover, even relaxing the restriction on the layer type when processing RemoveAllAbilities (e.g. on line 225) does not make the granted triggers visible to the code at any point so that the removal may happen.

I tried jumping back and forth in the code and trapping various bits of code but could not come to a definite conclusion as to what exactly is causing Humility not to "see" the triggers granted by Infernal Scarring (and definitely other similar cards, because e.g. Avarice Amulet is definitely also affected in the same way).

The relevant code is rather convoluted and spans several hundred lines. Moreover, this area of code (triggered abilities processed in layers) is definitely not quite my area of expertise in Forge code base. Does anyone know how this works and possibly why this may not work as expected, and can anyone provide any help relevant to the possible solution of this rule interaction issue? Thanks in advance.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Tolvo » 17 Oct 2015, 10:20

Would it be reasonable to at some point adapt a different naming convention such as the one used by the HQ Pics team? Forge refers to quite a number of extensions differently (LEA vs. A, etc).
I guess the abbreviations Wizards uses are the most "accepted" and I haven't checked whether the way the HQ Pics team names their folders is entirely in line with that, but I wonder if it would be too much of a hassle to change things at this stage of development. Some cards like split cards for example are named differently too.
Tolvo

Postby Xitax » 22 Oct 2015, 00:17

Just realized today that the ORI Thopter creating cards needed support for the second thopter token.
Attachments
ORI_token_fixes.zip
(5.65 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Xitax

Postby Agetian » 22 Oct 2015, 11:06

Xitax wrote:Just realized today that the ORI Thopter creating cards needed support for the second thopter token.
Umm the current trunk version already has these cards generating both types of Thopter tokens?... Or am I missing something? :/

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Xitax » 22 Oct 2015, 23:57

No worries. The beta release doesn't.
Xitax

Next

Return to Developer's Corner