It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:15

Text Size

Forge version 1.5.48 or 1.6.0

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge version 1.5.48 or 1.6.0

Postby friarsol » 28 Jan 2016, 13:55

KrazyTheFox wrote:Going back, the lack of Wastes in the basic lands menu threw me off. They appeared in the regular collection instead. These should probably be added.
We discussed this. Quest is basically an extension of Sealed/League. In Sealed play you don't have access to free Wastes, so you shouldn't have access to it in Quest either. I could be convinced to having 5 available in the card shop like Snow basics are I guess.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 28 Jan 2016, 20:43

Hm, how difficult would you say those unimplemented cards are? Now, they are all above my current abilities, but I'd guess Synthetic Destiny would be the easiest one, if you can pass numerical parameter to a delayed trigger. Mizzix's Mastery could be possibly done like Epic Experiment. For Grasp of Fate, perhaps something like Blatant Thievery would work (though not sure why Blatant Thievery has the "TargetMin$ 0" command when the number of targets is fixed).

EDIT: Looked at Gatherer rulings for Dawnbreak Reclaimer and it has a corner case when opponents have no creature cards in graveyards. Basically, there are four possibilities when its ability resolves:

1: You have a creature card in graveyard, and so does at least one opponent (the default mode)
Here, first you must choose a creature card in opponent's graveyard, then that player has to choose a creature card in your graveyard, then you get a choice whether to return these two into hand or not.
2: Opponents have creature cards in graveyard, but you don't
You still choose a creature card in opponent's graveyard, the player's choice is skipped since you don't have anything, then you decide whether to return that card to opponent's hand or not.
3. You have a creature card in graveyard, but your opponents don't
Instead of choosing a card in step 1, you choose an opponent. That opponent will select a creature card from your graveyard, and then you choose whether to return it or not.
4. Neither you nor any opponent have creature cards in graveyard.
In this case, the ability does nothing.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 28 Jan 2016, 21:38

Marek14 wrote:
Hm, how difficult would you say those unimplemented cards are? Now, they are all above my current abilities, but I'd guess Synthetic Destiny would be the easiest one, if you can pass numerical parameter to a delayed trigger. Mizzix's Mastery could be possibly done like Epic Experiment. For Grasp of Fate, perhaps something like Blatant Thievery would work (though not sure why Blatant Thievery has the "TargetMin$ 0" command when the number of targets is fixed).
Dawnbreak Reclaimer - Doesn't seem too bad, just verbose, and maybe a bit tricky with conditionals
Ezuri's Predation - Seems pretty straightforward. Trickiest part is testing with Doubling Season to make sure only a single creature ever fights the opponents creature.
Grasp of Fate - Blatant Thievery Targeting on whatever the new Oblivion Ring is called probably works. Blatant Thievery probably needs X for min and max, where X is the amount of opponents with a targetable permanent.
Mirror Match - Not sure if we even have code for DefineBlockers yet, I'm pretty sure ForgeRemaining has a few of these. looks like we have Brimaz, King of Oreskos, which does Blocking, so this should be doable I think.
Mizzix's Mastery - Seems doable. I think Isochron Scepter works (in Forge) when multiple things get imprinted onto it, this would be the same thing. Epic Experiment might be a better comparison.
Synthetic Destiny - I'm a little surprised this isn't already scripted. It's just a Mass Polymorph where the second half of the ability is attached to a Delayed Trigger. No need to try to pass a number, just pass all the remembered objects.

Remorseless Punishment - This one's tricky, I thought it might be able to do it like Erosion, but we almost need a conditional choice of payments. With one as the default if nothing can be paid.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 29 Jan 2016, 01:13

friarsol wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:Going back, the lack of Wastes in the basic lands menu threw me off. They appeared in the regular collection instead. These should probably be added.
We discussed this. Quest is basically an extension of Sealed/League. In Sealed play you don't have access to free Wastes, so you shouldn't have access to it in Quest either. I could be convinced to having 5 available in the card shop like Snow basics are I guess.
I hadn't realized those weren't provided for sealed use. Makes sense to leave it the way it is. Thanks for bringing me up to speed! I'm about to start the build for the real release.

Edit: It's done! http://www.cardforge.link/releases/forge/forge-gui-desktop/1.5.48/
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 29 Jan 2016, 03:26

Ah you tricked me with your edit after I had read the thread.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 29 Jan 2016, 11:30

friarsol wrote:Grasp of Fate - Blatant Thievery Targeting on whatever the new Oblivion Ring is called probably works. Blatant Thievery probably needs X for min and max, where X is the amount of opponents with a targetable permanent.
Actually, it's just number of opponents. If there's an opponent with no targetable permanents, then Blatant Thievery can't be legally cast (fortunately, that doesn't happen very often considering it can steal lands).
Marek14
Tester

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner