It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:08

Text Size

Oath of the Gatewatch Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Oath of the Gatewatch Spoiler Season

Postby friarsol » 14 Jan 2016, 21:32

Alright I'm pretty sure I fixed the colorless costs not being paid properly. But the AI might not be able to pay them not, I tried to get him to play something, but he didn't seem to know how. Not sure when I'll have time to check that part out, but basically when the AI is checking if he has any matching colors, he may explicitly need to look for Colorless too. Hopefully it's only in one or two spots, but in my cursory glance, I didn't see it. So I'll have to swing back around if someone hasn't figured it out by then.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 15 Jan 2016, 05:44

friarsol wrote:Alright I'm pretty sure I fixed the colorless costs not being paid properly. But the AI might not be able to pay them not, I tried to get him to play something, but he didn't seem to know how. Not sure when I'll have time to check that part out, but basically when the AI is checking if he has any matching colors, he may explicitly need to look for Colorless too. Hopefully it's only in one or two spots, but in my cursory glance, I didn't see it. So I'll have to swing back around if someone hasn't figured it out by then.
I tried to fix this in r30664 and the AI is definitely able to play these cards now, and auto payment is supported now too for cards with {C} in their mana costs.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure if my fix is fully correct... But hopefully that's how it's supposed to work. :) For example, I'm not sure if we still need to test against "1" in this line:

Code: Select all
if (manaAbilities.get(0).getManaPart().mana().equals("1") || manaAbilities.get(0).getManaPart().mana().equals("C")) {
                    colorlessManaSources.add(card);
I added an "or" clause for now but probably now these shards should all be named "C" instead of "1", right? (that being said, we might have missed a few somewhere...)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 15 Jan 2016, 06:09

Does anyone know how the "expansion" to Zendikar Expeditions is supposed to work? I can see the new Expeditions cards in the spoiler list for OGW now on mythicspoiler.com, but I have a question: do all 45 Zendikar Expeditions cards (including the ones from BFZ) now appear in booster packs for OGW, or only the new ones? Also, the new BFZ boosters only include the BFZ-time Zendikar Expeditions cards or can also include the new ones?

I'm interested in it because I'm about to try adding them to Forge and I'm wondering if I should make one big print sheet for all Expeditions or two separate print sheets for BFZ and OGW Expeditions. I'm assuming the latter but just checking if anyone knows. :)

EDIT: For now added as a separate OGW print sheet. Let me know if this needs changing.

- Agetian
Last edited by Agetian on 15 Jan 2016, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 15 Jan 2016, 08:06

BTW, Visions of Brutality is another opportunity to fix the "deals damage"/"is dealt damage" triggers by giving them their own forms separate from the standard trigger that cares about both source and recipient.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 15 Jan 2016, 14:30

Agetian wrote:That being said, I'm not entirely sure if my fix is fully correct... But hopefully that's how it's supposed to work. :) For example, I'm not sure if we still need to test against "1" in this line:

Code: Select all
if (manaAbilities.get(0).getManaPart().mana().equals("1") || manaAbilities.get(0).getManaPart().mana().equals("C")) {
                    colorlessManaSources.add(card);
I added an "or" clause for now but probably now these shards should all be named "C" instead of "1", right? (that being said, we might have missed a few somewhere...)
Yea that looks like the right spot. And as you mention the "1" part probably shouldn't be there at all anymore, since there's no way to create generic mana. Probably just needs some extra testing with sources that can produce colorless and non-colorless mana.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 15 Jan 2016, 17:11

friarsol wrote:And as you mention the "1" part probably shouldn't be there at all anymore, since there's no way to create generic mana. Probably just needs some extra testing with sources that can produce colorless and non-colorless mana.
Would it be OK if I removed the old test part then (then we can see if the game behaves correctly or not)?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 15 Jan 2016, 17:15

Agetian wrote:Would it be OK if I removed the old test part then (then we can see if the game behaves correctly or not)?

- Agetian
Should be easy enough to remove it, run the same tests you just did before and then commit. If something pops up that isn't covered we can roll it back. But that's pretty much the same change I made the other day when converting {1} to {C} everywhere.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 15 Jan 2016, 19:20

friarsol wrote:Should be easy enough to remove it, run the same tests you just did before and then commit. If something pops up that isn't covered we can roll it back. But that's pretty much the same change I made the other day when converting {1} to {C} everywhere.
Ok, removed it in r30761. The standard Forge tests passed. If anything weird pops up in the game, feel free to fix/revert.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby matrix4767 » 18 Jan 2016, 19:30

What's holding Reflector Mage back? Is it the never before seen ability that no code can replicate?
It's a bit of a bummer that it's not yet in the game, the other missing cards are merely of Limited use. And I fear it and Mizzix's Mastery will be missing for a long time.
matrix4767

Postby friarsol » 18 Jan 2016, 21:14

matrix4767 wrote:What's holding Reflector Mage back? Is it the never before seen ability that no code can replicate?
It's a bit of a bummer that it's not yet in the game, the other missing cards are merely of Limited use. And I fear it and Mizzix's Mastery will be missing for a long time.
Fixing bugs is more important. Gotta get everything stable, then I'll take a shot at the more complex scripts. I was going to try it yesterday until I realized Colorless was still messed up. I'm not worried about about Reflector Mage getting into Forge. It seems perfectly doable to me.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 22 Jan 2016, 06:51

Noticed some rule changes here:

http://yawgatog.com/resources/rules-changes/c15-ogw/

Specifically, it seems that there is no more special mulligan rule for commander, and the rule 903.9 for replacing "wrong" mana generated in commander with colorless is also abolished.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 27 Jan 2016, 18:34

Not sure how we handle this in layers, but I Have a feeling it's not right. (Scroll down to Deceiver of Form)

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2016-01-27
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Xitax » 20 Feb 2016, 20:43

Marek14 wrote:...so for now I'd propose this:

Retire BFZ tokens and only use the OGW ones, with tokens 4, 5 and 6 used for all BFZ cards plus Sifter of Skulls and tokens 1, 2 and 3 for all OGW cards except for Sifter of Skulls.
Was this implemented? Do you need updated scripts?
Xitax

Postby Marek14 » 20 Feb 2016, 22:49

Xitax wrote:
Marek14 wrote:...so for now I'd propose this:

Retire BFZ tokens and only use the OGW ones, with tokens 4, 5 and 6 used for all BFZ cards plus Sifter of Skulls and tokens 1, 2 and 3 for all OGW cards except for Sifter of Skulls.
Was this implemented? Do you need updated scripts?
Probably not so far. I think Wizards will eventually publish detailed guidelines...
Marek14
Tester

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner