It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:27

Text Size

Oath of the Gatewatch Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Oath of the Gatewatch Spoiler Season

Postby Hanmac » 11 Jan 2016, 14:43

yes "Cultivator Drone" does need CostContainsC

otherwise if i control "Slaughter Drone" and a Painter's Servant does give my Eldrazi a color, i am still able to pay the ability because of the C inside of it.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 11 Jan 2016, 14:57

Hanmac wrote:yes "Cultivator Drone" does need CostContainsC

otherwise if i control "Slaughter Drone" and a Painter's Servant does give my Eldrazi a color, i am still able to pay the ability because of the C inside of it.
Well, that's a corner case. More important is that some cards (like Vile Redeemer) contain C-costs outside of activation costs.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 12 Jan 2016, 00:03

Well, the official tokens are up, at the end of this page:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2016-01-11

Completely new tokens:
White 3/3 Angel from Linvala, the Preserver

New version of existing tokens:
Black 2/2 Zombie from Drana's Chosen, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, and Null Caller
Red 3/1 Elemental from Chandra, Flamecaller
Green X/X Elemental from Seed Guardian
Green 0/1 Plant from Nissa, Voice of Zendikar

And then there are the Eldrazi Scions. Oh dear.

There are six of them. Three have new images for the set, and the other three are the same ones from BFZ, but changed so they produce {C} instead of {1}.

So, two of the Scions in BFZ are Ulamog's brood, while the third one might be Emrakul. The three new ones are clearly Kozilek's.

First question is: should we retain the BFZ Scions at all? All of them received an updated version here. We should either add the OGW versions as alternates, or we should remove the BFZ ones altogether.

So, I guess that from the new OGW cards that produce Eldrazi Scions, five (Abstruse Interference, Birthing Hulk, Scion Summoner, Vile Redeemer and Warping Wail) should randomly use the three Kozilek Scions, while Sifter of Skulls should use the two Ulamog ones. (Sifter of Skulls is clearly Ulamog's brood, with its chalky white background and bony plates. Birthing Hulk is a bit unclear, but it seems to have an eye on its shoulder, which classifies it as Kozilek's brood.)

But: the two Ulamog's brood tokens are different; one is a "land" version, the other is "sea" version. So there is also an option to only use the "sea" token for Drowner of Hope, the only Scion producer who is clearly shown swimming along with its tokens. But the Emrakul-type Scion seems to have no applicable card at all, which baffles me to no end.

Can we separate the three Kozilek tokens to different cards? The first token looks like a tortoise, with rounded shell. This seems to be the token for Birthing Hulk (who is also rounded and streamlined). The second looks like angular centipede, with jagged lines and spindly hands. This seems to be the token for Abstruse Interference (Eldrazi in the picture has the same horns) and Vile Redeemer (there are some Scions in the picture and they look pretty jagged). The third one is like a distortion of reality with head completely separated from the body.

Scion Summoner doesn't really look like any of the Scions, so it could use random pictures. The same holds for the Eldrazi depicted on Warping Wail.

I presume we'll get more information at some point, so for now I'd propose this:

Retire BFZ tokens and only use the OGW ones, with tokens 4, 5 and 6 used for all BFZ cards plus Sifter of Skulls and tokens 1, 2 and 3 for all OGW cards except for Sifter of Skulls.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 12 Jan 2016, 04:26

Marek, do you happen to have your implemented scripts as files you can upload as a zip? I feel like someone did that one of the recent releases and it made integrating the scripts much easier.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 12 Jan 2016, 07:46

Hm, sadly, no -- I wrote them directly to the forum. I'll do that next time.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 12 Jan 2016, 09:37

Here's the archive of all text files I was able to procure from the thread. I'm not sure if this is everything, the pack contains 171 .txt files overall. I did not test the cards in any way, merely created text files from card scripts posted in this thread. Please test to see if anything is missing and if the files are named correctly. Note that this pack also most likely contains files that have already been committed to the SVN repo.

- Agetian
Attachments
OGW_text_files.tar.gz
(28.59 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Last edited by Agetian on 12 Jan 2016, 09:42, edited 2 times in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 12 Jan 2016, 09:40

One thing I wanted to ask is if the Cohort cost will work in Forge written like that, or if it should be specified that you have to tap ANOTHER Ally. If the {T} is already there, will Forge recognize that you can't choose to tap the source for the second part of the cost?
Marek14
Tester

Postby matrix4767 » 12 Jan 2016, 09:52

You have to tap another Ally, because the creature with cohort should always be tapped.
Also, the untapped Ally can be tapped even if it has summoning sickness.
matrix4767

Postby Marek14 » 12 Jan 2016, 09:59

matrix4767 wrote:You have to tap another Ally, because the creature with cohort should always be tapped.
Also, the untapped Ally can be tapped even if it has summoning sickness.
You misunderstood me. I know how it works, what I'm concerned about is whether the direct implementation of this cost in Forge (Cost$ T tapXType<1/Ally>) will work as intended.
Marek14
Tester

Postby matrix4767 » 12 Jan 2016, 10:08

Maybe, I would test it if the cards were in the snapshot.

From the zip file, these are the missing cards, besides the 5 unfinished (Hedron Alignment is in there):
Mighty Leap, Negate, Bone Saw, Netcaster Spider, Unknown Shores, Grasp of Darkness and Strider Harness, all of which are reprints.
matrix4767

Postby Agetian » 12 Jan 2016, 13:43

I went ahead and committed all the remaining implemented scripts to the OGW branch. Note that they need testing and may need patching in case something doesn't work. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. If worst comes to worst, feel free to revert r30639.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 12 Jan 2016, 13:49

Marek14 wrote:One thing I wanted to ask is if the Cohort cost will work in Forge written like that, or if it should be specified that you have to tap ANOTHER Ally. If the {T} is already there, will Forge recognize that you can't choose to tap the source for the second part of the cost?
No need, the creature should tap before you can start paying that cost. The same with Tradewind Rider

matrix4767 wrote:From the zip file, these are the missing cards, besides the 5 unfinished (Hedron Alignment is in there):
Mighty Leap, Negate, Bone Saw, Netcaster Spider, Unknown Shores, Grasp of Darkness and Strider Harness, all of which are reprints.
Reprints don't need new scripts, either they are already scripted in Forge, or they are probably aren't scriptable at this time.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby matrix4767 » 12 Jan 2016, 14:58

matrix4767 wrote:From the zip file, these are the missing cards, besides the 5 unfinished (Hedron Alignment is in there):
Reprints don't need new scripts, either they are already scripted in Forge, or they are probably aren't scriptable at this time.[/quote]

Yes, I just pointed out the lower number of cards in the zip file.
So the only thing for them is to simply download the images from the new set.
matrix4767

Postby drdev » 12 Jan 2016, 15:47

How soon will this be merged into trunk? I'd like to do an Android release with them as soon as possible, even if a few cards aren't ready yet.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 12 Jan 2016, 20:07

Is the support targeting string I eventually made (TgtPrompt$ Select target creature other than CARDNAME) viable? If it is, it might be also put on the original Joraga Auxiliary.
Marek14
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner