It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:18

Text Size

Shadows over Innistrad spoiler season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Shadows over Innistrad spoiler season

Postby friarsol » 30 Mar 2016, 18:12

drdev wrote:Any estimate on when the majority of SOI will be merged into the main branch or released? The pre-release is this weekend, so it'd be cool if we could get something out by this weekend, or at least by next week.

I'm really excited to play with this set.
Most of the set is sitting in this thread, the cards just need to be transcribed into files and committed so they can be fully tested. If you have some extra time to help out feel free. I haven't really had time to do so. Right now 47 are committed (including reprints) and 240 are left (in the entire set). I think theres about 10-15 that aren't scripted at all.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 30 Mar 2016, 18:25

friarsol wrote:ValidTarget$ in ReduceCost looks like it only works for cards. Might be able to do something similar to: Battlefield Thaumaturge

Otherwise, we need some code changes.

Harness the Storm is tricky, since certain things aren't necessarily available in the targeting code.

"TriggeredCard.samename" might do it, but it could just as easily not be doable right now.
i tried both things:

for the curse:
Code: Select all
S:Mode$ ReduceCost | ValidCard$ Instant.YouCtrl,Sorcery.YouCtrl | Type$ Spell | Amount$ ReduceCost | References$ ReduceCost | EffectZone$ All | Description$ Spells you cast that target enchanted player cost {1} less to cast.
SVar:ReduceCost:TargetedObjects$Valid Player.EnchantedBy
for Harness the Storm:
SVar:TrigPump:AB$ Pump | Cost$ 0 | TgtZone$ Graveyard | ValidTgts$ Triggered.sameName | TgtPrompt$ Choose target instant or sorcery with the same name as that spell from your graveyard | PumpZone$ Graveyard | SubAbility$ TrigPlay
but both does not work :( i think it might need some coding (or i am to dump for the scripting)

about the files: i updated "Forge Upcoming" and it shows (288/297) so only 9 are missing + maybe a few which are not coded right perfectly.

have we all already read this http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2016-03-30 for some changes?

@friarsol: there are some bugs in the game itself i can't fix with scripting, like the stuff with LastKnownInformation like using Avacyn with Deathtouch and Lifelink and then get blinked before the Damage of her Red Side does deal the damage. (from the ruling the damage should still have Deathtouch and Lifelink)
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 30 Mar 2016, 20:01

Well, important things seem to be:

Altered Ego:
If the chosen creature has X in its mana cost, that X is considered to be 0. The value of X in Altered Ego's last ability will be whatever value was chosen for X while casting Altered Ego.

Cult of the Waxing Moon:
A non-Human creature that's put onto the battlefield transformed, such as Skin Shedder, will not cause Cult of the Waxing Moon's ability to trigger.

Geier Reach Bandit:
If you control three Vildin-Pack Alphas and a Werewolf enters the battlefield under your control, you may transform it, transform it again, and transform it a third time. While it seems similar, it's different from the circumstances covered by rule 701.25e because the ability that's transforming the creature doesn't belong to that creature. See the "Rules Changes: Double-Faced Cards" entry in the "General Notes" section for more information.

Neglected Heirloom:
When Neglected Heirloom transforms, it remains attached to the creature it's attached to. If the equipped creature transforms into a noncreature permanent, Neglected Heirloom will become unattached before it transforms into Ashmouth Blade.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 30 Mar 2016, 20:39

i did a test with Archangel Avacyn and it did show more errors with some cards treat the same while they should be a different card. (i think some fix for some other error does introduce this)

have Archangel Avacyn equipped with Basilisk Collar and Eldrazi Dispatcher on the field. now another creature dies.
next Upkeep Avacyn does transform into Red Form and her tigger goes on the Stack.
i use the Eldrazi Dispatcher to blink Avacyn now her White Form is back,
and the Indestructible Effect goes on the Stack above the Red Effect.
the Basilisk Collar does lie next to the creatures on the field.

the Red Effect of her does deal damage to all creatures, but not to White Avacyn. (but it should, it says "Other" but the White Avacyn is a new Creature)
also the damage should have Deathtouch and Lifelink because that was the last known Information if Red Avacyn.

This is also true for the Huntmaster of the Fells
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 31 Mar 2016, 07:05

BTW, thinking of To the Slaughter: Do we have a generic branching ability "Evaluate condition X. If true, execute subability A. If false, execute subability B."? If not, why not? Lots of problems could be alleviated by this...

Now, Yawgatog (http://yawgatog.com/resources/oracle-changes/ogw-soi/) posted the Oracle comparisons, so we can correct some texts.

Reminder text of changeling changed (but apparently only on Chameleon Colossus, Crib Swap and Taurean Mauler?) to remove the "at all times" note.

Reminder text of madness cards was updated to SOI text.

Reminder text of vanishing changed to replace "permanent" with more appropriate term (mostly "creature").

Anafenza, the Foremost - complete rewrite of her second ability
Cocoon - order of abilities changed
Mondronen Shaman - order of creature types changed
Nivix, Aerie of the Firemind - added "card".
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 31 Mar 2016, 07:29

also we change Silumgar Assassin to have Skulk (because it has similar ability)
but it seems it didn't get Skulk as a keyword, so we need to change it back because of Odic which can give Skulk to all of your creatures.
Hanmac

Postby friarsol » 31 Mar 2016, 14:58

I might be able to put together a scraper, to pull all the code files down. I'll play around with it later today and see if I can get the files up
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 31 Mar 2016, 16:18

@friarsol
thanks for the update, while i think for investigate we might need some fixing (and for other cards)

also it has some problem with "<>" see Bygone Bishop with Sac&lt;1/CARDNAME&gt;
Hanmac

Postby Primate » 01 Apr 2016, 06:30

I tested and fixed a few more cards:
Tamiyo's Journal didn't create tokens during upkeep
Name:Tamiyo's Journal
ManaCost:5
Types:Legendary Artifact
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Upkeep | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigToken | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your upkeep, investigate. (Put a colorless Clue artifact token onto the battlefield with "{2}, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
SVar:TrigToken:AB$Token | Cost$ 0 | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Clue | TokenTypes$ Artifact,Clue | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Colorless | TokenImage$ c clue | TokenAbilities$ ABDraw
A:AB$ ChangeZone | Cost$ T Sac<3/Clue> | Origin$ Library | Destination$ Hand | ChangeType$ Card | ChangeNum$ 1 | Mandatory$ True | SpellDescription$ Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
SVar:ABDraw:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 2 Sac<1/CARDNAME> | NumCards$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Draw a card.
Ulvenwald Mysteries caused crash on second ability's activation
Name:Ulvenwald Mysteries
ManaCost:2 G
Types:Enchantment
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | ValidCard$ Creature.YouCtrl+nonToken | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigToken1 | TriggerDescription$ Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, investigate. (Put a colorless Clue artifact token onto the battlefield with "{2}, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
SVar:TrigToken1:AB$Token | Cost$ 0 | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Clue | TokenTypes$ Artifact,Clue | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Colorless | TokenImage$ c clue | TokenAbilities$ ABDraw
SVar:ABDraw:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 2 Sac<1/CARDNAME> | NumCards$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Draw a card.
T:Mode$ Sacrificed | ValidCard$ Clue.YouCtrl | Execute$ TrigToken | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you sacrifice a Clue, put a 1/1 white Human Soldier creature token onto the battlefield.
SVar:TrigToken:AB$ Token | Cost$ 0 | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Human Soldier | TokenTypes$ Creature,Human,Soldier| TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ White | TokenPower$ 1 | TokenToughness$ 1
Thallia's Lieutenant's ETB effect didn't trigger
Name:Thalia's Lieutenant
ManaCost:1 W
Types:Creature Human Soldier
PT:1/1
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigPutCounterAll | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on each other Human you control.
SVar:TrigPutCounterAll:DB$ PutCounterAll | Cost$ 0 | ValidCards$ Creature.Human+Other+YouCtrl | CounterType$ P1P1 | CounterNum$ 1
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Human.Other+YouCtrl | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigPutCounter | TriggerDescription$ Whenever another Human enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on CARDNAME.
SVar:TrigPutCounter:AB$ PutCounter | Cost$ 0 | CounterType$ P1P1 | CounterNum$ 1
SVar:BuffedBy:Human

Primate

Postby Hanmac » 01 Apr 2016, 12:45

r31038:

Wayward Disciple does not have a black border as if it should ... (and the effect boxes are not black too) so the color set might not work.
Hanmac

Postby friarsol » 01 Apr 2016, 13:21

Hanmac wrote:r31038:

Wayward Disciple does not have a black border as if it should ... (and the effect boxes are not black too) so the color set might not work.
Works fine for me
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 01 Apr 2016, 13:46

friarsol wrote:
Hanmac wrote:r31038:

Works fine for me
where did you check it? in the Deck Editor it does work, but for some reason it doesn't in the game. (it might only be a visual bug)
Hanmac

Postby friarsol » 01 Apr 2016, 14:38

where did you check it? in the Deck Editor it does work, but for some reason it doesn't in the game. (it might only be a visual bug)
Cast, transform, cast bad moon. Border is black, gains +1/+1.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 01 Apr 2016, 14:46

friarsol wrote:
Cast, transform, cast bad moon. Border is black, gains +1/+1.
yeah for me it does get +1/+1 too, but the border (right up in the text box) is still white for me (don't know why)
Hanmac

Postby Bog Wraith » 01 Apr 2016, 16:04

friarsol wrote:There's no way Falkenrath Gorger is doable right now. There's just no support for granting Madness. Choosing which Replacement ability applies shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks for the info on Falkenrath Gorger, Sol. I've been playing around with SOI since the snapshot release & noticed that this card was not available as of yet. I hope that it can be & that the support for granting Madness ability will be worked into the code. This looks like a great card that is going to see allot of play both in Standard & elsewhere, especially in many Aggro based builds, so I'm very keen to see it here. 8)

Here's a deck that Reid Duke posted over at Channel Fireball that I would love to try if/when Falkenrath Gorger is added to Forge:

B/R Vampires

4 Foreboding Ruins
4 Smoldering Marsh
9 Mountain
6 Swamp
4 Falkenrath Gorger
2 Indulgent Aristocrat
2 Zurgo Bellstriker
4 Heir of Falkenrath/Heir to the Night
3 Ravenous Bloodseeker
4 Asylum Visitor
2 Olivia's Bloodsworn