It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:06

Text Size

Picture Attribute

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Picture Attribute

Postby jje4th » 03 Apr 2016, 00:23

I've noticed for recent sets the SVar:Picture property in cards don't work. I looks like the scripts which set this value concatenates a static wizards url and the card name and wizards doesn't publish to that address any more.

It seems like it would be easy to put the magiccards[dot]info image url in there instead. Is there a reason this approach wasn't taken?

If that is not a desired approach, is there interest in updating the picture URLs in recent sets to use gatherer's ImageHandler? It's a bit more complex, but I did it for SOI. I could fairly easily update the card URLs in the recent sets to include a working image URL. (porting the code to python for script inclusion might be doable, but using magiccards[dot]info would be way easier)

Is there some history here I'm missing that led to the current choices?
jje4th

Re: Picture Attribute

Postby friarsol » 14 Apr 2016, 13:48

There's definitely some history with the picture svar.

The reason we weren't using the magiccards.info pictures was because those were actually being provided by the CCGHQ team, and for a while we were getting those too for the LQ Set Pictures. And around the same time the gatherer pictures became unusable was around when magiccards.info wasn't updating as quickly, so there just wasn't any source for even the first round of pictures.

I'm fine with using the magiccardsinfo in svar picture, although I'd also be fine trying to eliminate that altogether too. I know someone recently added a "download images adhoc" feature to forge, but I don't think it actually works anymore either. This one also goes through magiccards.info.

It would be nice if our downloaders were back and working, but I'm not sure who was in charge of putting the LQ Set pics up? Maybe Krazy knows?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby timmermac » 14 Apr 2016, 19:21

Wasn't it moomarc?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 15 Apr 2016, 12:16

as for the image downloader, wouldn't be nice if it can download the CCGHQ packs too?
because when something new is released i often did long search the forum to find the right image pack.
Hanmac

Postby friarsol » 15 Apr 2016, 12:18

Hanmac wrote:as for the image downloader, wouldn't be nice if it can download the CCGHQ packs too?
because when something new is released i often did long search the forum to find the right image pack.
I mean, we were taking the CCGHQ packs and formatting them for our needs. So it WAS those packs.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby jje4th » 18 Apr 2016, 03:18

Thanks all for the backstory. I'll take a look at the download code and see if something can be done to fix it.
jje4th

Postby KrazyTheFox » 20 Apr 2016, 04:48

friarsol wrote:I'm not sure who was in charge of putting the LQ Set pics up? Maybe Krazy knows?
Oh! I knew I was forgetting something. :oops:

I've been hosting them on the cardforge.link domain so they'd be available... and I haven't uploaded any new sets for a while. I'll see about fixing that soon. I could also grant FTP access if anyone wants to help out on that front.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Return to Developer's Corner