Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Upcoming Release: Forge version 1.5.53

Postby friarsol » 03 May 2016, 12:53

TBD: Estimate 2-4 weeks
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: Upcoming Release: Forge version 1.5.53

Postby Agetian » 06 Jun 2016, 07:43

Since Dan is apparently away from the project for the time being, would it be a good idea for me to try and deploy an updated Android build? I should have the relevant script in my dev folder and I should have some time later today or tomorrow for that purpose. I believe the game was updated quite significantly since the last Android release and an update could be good. What do you think?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 06 Jun 2016, 12:02

Probably a good idea. He seems to try to release pretty quickly after beta releases, and I know there were a bunch of resolved issues that I still see people reporting.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 07 Jun 2016, 04:38

I tried to run the deployment script and it didn't work, something must have changed with Dan's credentials at Cardforge or with the Cardforge website itself. The compilation step went fine (it succeeded, no issues), but then I got this error when trying to upload the build to Cardforge:

Code: Select all
main:
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 1:42.161s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 07 07:34:25 UTC 2016
[INFO] Final Memory: 31M/325M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (android-ftp) on project forge-gui-android: An Ant BuildException has occured: Could not login to FTP server
[ERROR] around Ant part ...<ftp passive="true" userid="<USER_ID_HIDDEN>" action="mkdir" server="ftp.cardforge.link" password="<PASSWORD_HIDDEN>" remotedir="releases/forge/forge-gui-android/1.5.53.001"/>... @ 4:182 in /home/agetian/NetBeansProjects/trunk/forge-gui-android/target/antrun/build-main.xml
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
(obviously, I removed Dan's password from the error message, but the last time I tried it, it worked without any problem, so...)

Does anyone have rights here to create an account for me with upload permissions on ftp.cardforge.link such that I can use my own credentials to upload the build?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 08 Jun 2016, 21:13

Agetian wrote:I tried to run the deployment script and it didn't work, something must have changed with Dan's credentials at Cardforge or with the Cardforge website itself. The compilation step went fine (it succeeded, no issues), but then I got this error when trying to upload the build to Cardforge:

Code: Select all
main:
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 1:42.161s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 07 07:34:25 UTC 2016
[INFO] Final Memory: 31M/325M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (android-ftp) on project forge-gui-android: An Ant BuildException has occured: Could not login to FTP server
[ERROR] around Ant part ...<ftp passive="true" userid="<USER_ID_HIDDEN>" action="mkdir" server="ftp.cardforge.link" password="<PASSWORD_HIDDEN>" remotedir="releases/forge/forge-gui-android/1.5.53.001"/>... @ 4:182 in /home/agetian/NetBeansProjects/trunk/forge-gui-android/target/antrun/build-main.xml
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
(obviously, I removed Dan's password from the error message, but the last time I tried it, it worked without any problem, so...)

Does anyone have rights here to create an account for me with upload permissions on ftp.cardforge.link such that I can use my own credentials to upload the build?

- Agetian
Just sent you a PM.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 09 Jun 2016, 04:45

I think that worked. Thanks! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby drdev » 11 Jun 2016, 19:58

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still around, I just haven't had the itch to work on Forge more recently. Thank you Agetian for getting out those couple updates.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 16 Jun 2016, 13:56

drdev wrote:Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still around, I just haven't had the itch to work on Forge more recently. Thank you Agetian for getting out those couple updates.
No problem! Here's hoping you'll eventually return to the project, your contributions are always most welcome! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 16 Jun 2016, 16:46

i hope the next release is a bit time away, there are still few cards left on the "Forge Remaining" table ;P

when you do the release you need to update the list, and do a big list with new cards ... but i forgot to count them.
Hanmac

Postby KrazyTheFox » 16 Jun 2016, 22:35

Hanmac wrote:i hope the next release is a bit time away, there are still few cards left on the "Forge Remaining" table ;P

when you do the release you need to update the list, and do a big list with new cards ... but i forgot to count them.
It can be as far away as you like. :wink:
We probably shouldn't wait too long, though.

Also, how does one do the card implementation counting? I tried my hand at it last release, but my numbers didn't quite match up with Sol's.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 16 Jun 2016, 23:28

I just use the scripts I wrote in /forge-gui/tools/, specifically "EditionTracking". If you run it for one release, and diff with the next release it's an easy way to get the added cards.

And itd be good to have a release soon. There's always time for new cards to be added.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 17 Jun 2016, 13:48

i did add Ghostly Flame, and while that did update the PreventDamageReplacementEffect (following 609.7b with extra check if requirement still met) and Protection (specially Protection from Damage)

i tested it:

now you can make a new release for all i care, the big thing i wanted is done 8)

the next big thing would be "Damage Redirection / Prevention", but i think there we need either a new Effect (like DamagePrevent) or the PreventDamageReplacement does need to set variables how much and from what source something was prevented if that happens. (like "if damage from a red source was prevented that way")
Hanmac

Postby mastroego » 17 Jun 2016, 16:35

Kudos Hanmac!
Yeah, I hope we'll see Harm's Way and all the other cards in that family, someday :)
I remain hopeful :)
mastroego

Postby friarsol » 20 Jun 2016, 15:18

Hey Krazy, could we actually get a release in the next few days? It would be good to have one now and then around the time of pre-release for Eldritch Moon.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 21 Jun 2016, 02:46

friarsol wrote:Hey Krazy, could we actually get a release in the next few days? It would be good to have one now and then around the time of pre-release for Eldritch Moon.
Yep! I'll try and finish up adding the missing images to the site, too. I was able to get the scripts running for the accurate card statistics. Not sure why they weren't right for the last release. This release will have the correct numbers.

Edit: I'm unable to commit to the svn repository. I changed my password 4 weeks ago on this site and Subversion is no longer accepting my credentials. Anyone else experience this?
Edit 2: Changing my password back to my old one works, but I'd rather not do that every time I need to commit. I know that the old one is compromised. :?
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Next

Return to Developer's Corner