It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:23

Text Size

Conspiracy 2: Take the Crown Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Conspiracy 2: Take the Crown Spoiler Season

Postby Marek14 » 17 Aug 2016, 12:14

Hanmac wrote:hey i am will try to implement Melee (the keyword) and the Monarch stuff.
(or does someone already begin with that?)
===
for Melee i was thinking because i am unsure if it does count stuff that was put onto the battlefield attacking, or if only declared attacks count.
hm i am unsure if Planeswalker does not count, i wanted to use "Combat.isPlayerAttacked" but that does look for Planeswalker too.
might need some other function to look if the player is Attacked.
===
Monarch seems to be a bit easier:
  • Game Attributes like "Player getMonarch()" & "Player getUpkeepMonarch()"
  • Player Property "isMonarch"
  • Player function to create the Monarch Effect (i think just a Card object with special ImageKey, similar to DetatchedCardEffect?)
  • GameAction becomeMonarch(Player) (if Player is already the Monarch, do nothing, otherwise remove the Monarch Effect from the other players, create the one for that player, and cause the trigger to run)
  • BecomeMonarchEffect that more or less simply calls the GameAction
  • TriggerBecomeMonarch where the Params has Player, PreviousPlayer, and UpkeepPlayer

plus some logic when the monarch leaves the game. (for that i need to see where it should go, probably game too)

===
Goad seems a bit complicated for me, maybe someone else that has more exp with the AttackRestriction & Conditions can check that out.
(the problem is for example that if it can not attack another player, it does need to attack you)
The way melee is written, it looks back to the attack declaration. But since it triggers there, there is no chance of adding/removing attackers before it triggers, and so the moment it triggers, you can just count number of opponents that are being attacked and lock that number in as the bonus. Nothing that happens afterwards can change it.

Goad is not that complicated; basically, it creates two attack enforcement effects. One is that the creature must attack each combat, second is that the creature must attack a player other than you each combat.
Normally, the creature obeys both requirements by attacking another player, but if it's impossible to satisfy the second requirement, the first requirement still applies and the creature must attack somehow (you, or a planeswalker) if possible.

EDIT: OK, and now we have Spy Kit, an equipment that adds additional names to a creature.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 17 Aug 2016, 12:43

About Melee and Myriad:
http://magicjudge.tumblr.com/post/14907 ... driana-and

Melee + Myriad = nobo

So I need a way to store the Attack Declaration targets somehow.

===
Yeah but that attack other if able might be a bit complicated for me alone. While doing that we might look at "Must be blocked by exactly one creature if able" and "target creature attack target player if abke"

===
Yeah Spykit is bonkers too. We need to check the Carddb for all non-legendary creature names. (Incl: Alternative states)
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 17 Aug 2016, 12:48

Hanmac wrote:About Melee and Myriad:
http://magicjudge.tumblr.com/post/14907 ... driana-and

Melee + Myriad = nobo

So I need a way to store the Attack Declaration targets somehow.
Actually, I don't think you t need to. All you need to do is to store the number of attacked opponent at the moment melee triggers (which is before anything else triggered at the same time can resolve).

Though I guess there might be some corner cases like attacking with a creature that is then sacrificed as a part of payment of attack cost of another creature? I'm not 100% sure how that works.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 18 Aug 2016, 21:16

Here is one (comparatively) easy card:

Code: Select all
Name:Subterranean Tremors
ManaCost:X R
Types:Sorcery
A:SP$ DamageAll | Cost$ X R | ValidCards$ Creature.withoutFlying | NumDmg$ X | References$ X | SubAbility$ DBDestroyAll | SpellDescription$ CARDNAME deals X damage to each creature without flying. If X is 4 or more, destroy all artifacts. If X is 8 or more, put an 8/8 red Lizard creature token onto the battlefield.
SVar:DBDestroyAll:DB$DestroyAll | ValidCards$ Artifact | ConditionCheckSVar$ X | References$ X | ConditionSVarCompare$ GE4 | SubAbility$ DBToken
SVar:DBToken:DB$ Token | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Lizard | TokenTypes$ Creature,Lizard | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Red | TokenPower$ 8 | TokenToughness$ 8 | TokenImage$ r 8 8 lizard | ConditionCheckSVar$ X | References$ X | ConditionSVarCompare$ GE8
SVar:X:Count$xPaid
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/subterranean_tremors.jpg
Oracle:Subterranean Tremors deals X damage to each creature without flying. If X is 4 or more, destroy all artifacts. If X is 8 or more, put an 8/8 red Lizard creature token onto the battlefield.
Last edited by Marek14 on 19 Aug 2016, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Shukal » 18 Aug 2016, 22:24

Shouldn't the name be Subterranean Tremors?
Shukal

Postby Marek14 » 19 Aug 2016, 06:00

Shukal wrote:Shouldn't the name be Subterranean Tremors?
Sorry, corrected :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 21 Aug 2016, 09:25

i added Monarch into it.
there is Custodi Lich, which does have both the BecomeMonarchEffect and a Trigger what happens when you become the Monarch.

Name:Custodi Lich
ManaCost:3 B B
Types:Creature Zombie Cleric
PT:4/2
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigMonarch | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.
SVar:TrigMonarch:DB$ BecomeMonarch | Defined$ You

T:Mode$ BecomeMonarch | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigSac | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you become the monarch, target player sacrifices a creature.
SVar:TrigSac:DB$ Sacrifice | ValidTgts$ Player | SacValid$ Creature | SacMessage$ Creature

SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/custodi_lich.jpg
Oracle:When Custodi Lich enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.\nWhenever you become the monarch, target player sacrifices a creature.
i didn't do AI code yet. someone else might look over it.
maybe a logic that it does not use it when its already the Monarch?
Hanmac

Postby swordshine » 21 Aug 2016, 15:03

When I attempt to implement Ballot Broker, I found a weird bug.
Add two Oracle of Mul Daya to play, then add a Brago's Representative. Cast Plea for Power, you got 4 votes. Something's broken in player's keyword.
swordshine

Postby Marek14 » 21 Aug 2016, 20:40

BTW, I was pretty busy this week so I didn't have time to follow the spoiler season too much. I'll try to write up some cards once the spoiler is complete :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 22 Aug 2016, 18:48

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2016-08-22

Looks like Kaya is a Generic CHoice --

You choose whether or not to target a creature as you activate the first ability. If you chose a target creature, you choose whether to exile Kaya or that creature as the ability resolves. If you chose a creature and that creature is no longer a legal target as the ability tries to resolve, the ability is countered and none of its effects happen. You won't exile Kaya or lose 2 life.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 23 Aug 2016, 17:10

i added Melee as Keyword. now Marek14 or someone else might add that cards.

for Goad someone else might look at it.
specially that point that it can be goaded by multiple players.

and this:
Being goaded isn't an ability the creature has. Once it's been goaded, it must attack as detailed above even if it loses all abilities.
also i am currently asking a judge what happens when you goad a creature and then you leave the game, does the creature continue to be goaded?
(how should that be coded? like with a Delayed Trigger?)
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 23 Aug 2016, 17:16

Hanmac wrote:i added Melee as Keyword. now Marek14 or someone else might add that cards.

for Goad someone else might look at it.
specially that point that it can be goaded by multiple players.

and this:
Being goaded isn't an ability the creature has. Once it's been goaded, it must attack as detailed above even if it loses all abilities.
also i am currently asking a judge what happens when you goad a creature and then you leave the game, does the creature continue to be goaded?
(how should that be coded? like with a Delayed Trigger?)
Well, how does this work with detain? That's an analogical effect.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 23 Aug 2016, 18:29

Detain works over hidden Keywords and UntilYourNextTurn.

===
Goad does not work that way because i need to have which player(s) it can't attack. (but it must attack them if there is no other choice)

hm i was thinking about some kind of EffectEffect for that, there i can use UntilYourNextTurn too. but i still don't know how if that would work correct when leaving the game. (because when the player lost, the Effect in the command zone will be removed)

also i am not 100% how to make the attack check yet, specially if the creature is goaded by multiple players & Effects.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 24 Aug 2016, 07:48

Hanmac wrote:Detain works over hidden Keywords and UntilYourNextTurn.

===
Goad does not work that way because i need to have which player(s) it can't attack. (but it must attack them if there is no other choice)

hm i was thinking about some kind of EffectEffect for that, there i can use UntilYourNextTurn too. but i still don't know how if that would work correct when leaving the game. (because when the player lost, the Effect in the command zone will be removed)

also i am not 100% how to make the attack check yet, specially if the creature is goaded by multiple players & Effects.
As I said, the "attack them if there is no other choice" is because there are actually two attack enforcement effects, one general and one that forces attacking players except the specified one. The first already exists, while the second has to be implemented.

Sidenote: I can't get to the CN2 branch, it keeps telling me "file not found".
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 24 Aug 2016, 08:11

Name:Adriana, Captain of the Guard
ManaCost:3 R W
Types:Legendary Creature Human Knight
PT:4/4
K:Melee
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Other+YouCtrl | AddKeyword$ Melee | Description$ Other creatures you control have melee. (If a creature has multiple instances of melee, each triggers separately.)
SVar:PlayMain1:TRUE
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/adriana_captain_of_the_guard.jpg
Oracle:Melee (Whenever this creature attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each opponent you attacked with a creature this combat.)\nOther creatures you control have melee. (If a creature has multiple instances of melee, each triggers separately.)
Name:Adriana's Valor
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Conspiracy
K:Hidden agenda
T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Creature.NamedCard+YouCtrl | Execute$ TrigPump | TriggerZones$ Command | TriggerDescription$ Whenever a creature you control with the chosen name attacks, you may pay {W}. If you do, that creature gains indestructible until end of turn. (Damage and effects that say "destroy" don't destroy it.)
SVar:TrigPump:AB$ Pump | Cost$ W | Defined$ TriggeredAttacker | KW$ Indestructible
SVar:AgendaLogic:BestCreatureInComputerDeck
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/adrianas_valor.jpg
Oracle:Hidden agenda (Start the game with this conspiracy face down in the command zone and secretly name a card. You may turn this conspiracy face up any time and reveal the chosen name.)\nWhenever a creature you control with the chosen name attacks, you may pay {W}. If you do, that creature gains indestructible until end of turn. (Damage and effects that say "destroy" don't destroy it.)
Name:Assemble the Rank and Vile
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Conspiracy
K:Hidden agenda
S:Mode$ Continuous | EffectZone$ Command | Affected$ Creature.NamedCard+YouCtrl | EffectZone$ Battlefield | AddTrigger$ AtRaVDie | AddSVar$ AtRaVZombie | Description$ Creatures you control with the chosen name have "When this creature dies, you may pay {B}. If you do, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped."
SVar:AtRaVDie:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ AtRaVZombie | TriggerDescription$ When this creature dies, you may pay {B}. If you do, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped.
SVar:AtRaVZombie:AB$ Token | Cost$ B | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Zombie | TokenTypes$ Creature,Zombie | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Black | TokenPower$ 2 | TokenToughness$ 2 | TokenTapped$ True | TokenImage$ b 2 2 zombie CN2
SVar:AgendaLogic:BestCreatureInComputerDeck
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/assemble_the_rank_and_vile.jpg
Oracle:Hidden agenda (Start the game with this conspiracy face down in the command zone and secretly name a card. You may turn this conspiracy face up any time and reveal the chosen name.)\nCreatures you control with the chosen name have "When this creature dies, you may pay {B}. If you do, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped."
Last edited by Marek14 on 24 Aug 2016, 08:32, edited 2 times in total.
Marek14
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner