It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:32

Text Size

Thoughts - Forge and release philosophy

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Thoughts - Forge and release philosophy

Postby RumbleBBU » 28 Oct 2016, 04:09

I tried IntelliJ too...but it gave me some error dialog about the different Mains needing to have the same level or depth, or something to that effect. I can't remember the exact wording but in any case, it was not obvious to me how to solve that.

Then I tried NetBeans, and it didn't bitch about anything when I built the project.

I probably need to give IntelliJ a second try if I cannot figure out my NetBeans issue.
RumbleBBU

Postby Agetian » 07 Nov 2016, 06:36

Speaking of NetBeans - it does need quite a lot of space to unpack the central repository, I'm not sure where it's storing the data on Windows (I haven't used Win for years) but on Linux it's storing that information inside a hidden folder inside my home folder, not in /tmp or anything, so you may want to check out the free space on the drive where your system is located and/or where your user documents are located (from what I remember that was usually the system drive, usually labeled as C).

By the way, when NetBeans refers to "central repository" it's referring to the Maven repository, which is queried for various Forge dependencies (in case of developing Forge).

About the Main class: make sure you launch the project called "Forge" (and not "Forge Parent", "Forge Game", "Forge Core" or anything else), then it'll correctly detect and let you pick the correct (and the only) Main() class from it. Just right-click the "Forge" project and select "Run" (or "Debug" if you need a debug session).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Braids » 21 Nov 2016, 06:20

if we could get a gradle build going, i wonder if eclipse would be easier.
"That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen." --Rob Cashwalker, regarding Innistrad double-sided cards. One of the first times he and I have ever agreed on something. ;)
Braids
Programmer

Location: Unknown. Hobby: Driving myself and others to constructive madness.

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner