It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:34

Text Size

Promos and Rewards

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Promos and Rewards

Postby Rooger » 08 Nov 2016, 13:05

Hey guys!

What do you guys think about promos? Charlequin has organized/scanned some pretty nice pics here that could be used by Forge.

Since the cards are already implemented, adding these new sets to Forge is quite easy. Its just a matter of creating a new edition and provide the respective pics. I tested this with the alt art San Diego Comic Con promos (personally I think they are awesome), you guys can download them in the attachment. I just made a new edition file and gathered all the scans from the CCGHQ HQ pics team (btw if i'm not allowed to share them here let me know and i'll take the link down) and they work quite well in the Constructed Deck Editor.

However, it would be nice to have a few more promo sets to reward the players in the quest mode for instance. What about pimpin your deck with some Guru lands after you beat a few challenges and get them as a reward? There are some nice unique promos that could give you a sense of accomplishment for winning, like Pro Tour and Grand Prix promos, etc. We already have quite alot of them scanned and with xlhq quality.

Anyway, this was just an ideia I had and would like to know what you guys think about it. Getting the promos in Forge is quite easy, implementing them in quest worlds would take some effort but I think that is doable. It's just a matter of defining the best way to organize the sets into editions and how should the rewards be handled. The cards could even be priceless, that way they are there just for the sake of collecting them...

Let me know what you think about all this nonsense :lol:
Attachments
San Diego Comic Con Promos.rar
(7.75 MiB) Downloaded 232 times
Rooger

Re: Promos and Rewards

Postby Shajer » 08 Nov 2016, 17:04

This is a great idea , i have been thinking about it also ,and there are lots of good promo artwork that we dont see in the game such a pity .
Shajer

Return to Developer's Corner