Text Size

Amonkhet Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Amonkhet Spoiler Season

Postby Hanmac » 14 Apr 2017, 17:16

so all cards are out, tell me when you need code changes

@Marek14:
Vizier of Many Faces: Clone Effect now has Embalm$ param which does set that stuff but only if card is embalmed.

===
PS: i did look at CloneEffect, for such thing we always need:
Code: Select all
K:ETBReplacement:Copy:ChooseCreature:Optional
SVar:ChooseCreature:DB$ ChooseCard | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ You | Amount$ 1 | Choices$ Creature.Other | SubAbility$ DBCopy | RememberChosen$ True | AILogic$ Clone | SpellDescription$ You may have CARDNAME enter the battlefield as a copy of
SVar:DBCopy:DB$ Clone | Defined$ Remembered
first my problems with that:
1) why using Remembered when it can already access ChosenCard?
2) even when using that, in both cases there is Cleanup missing (i know it might not be that important, but i prefer to clean my stuff when not needed anymore, also to prevent side effects)

i want to put the choose card effect into CloneEffect itself
that would make the code a bit shorter, and maybe it could be better for the AI too.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 14 Apr 2017, 18:22

I'm working on the spoiler now.

Labyrinth Guardian might require some AI attention. Unlike normal Illusions, it only dies when targeted by a spell, so AI should be allowed to target it with abilities like equip, but not with spells.

Noticed a possible bug with Arm with Aether -- the granted triggered ability should be optional.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 14 Apr 2017, 18:52

Would this code work for Sacred Excavation?

Name:Sacred Excavation
ManaCost:3 U
Types:Sorcery
A:SP$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 3 U | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Hand | TargetMin$ 0 | TargetMax$ 2 | TgtPrompt$ Choose target card in your graveyard | ValidTgts$ Card.YouCtrl+withCycling | SpellDescription$ Return up to two target cards with cycling from your graveyard to your hand.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/sacred_excavation.jpg
Oracle:Return up to two target cards with cycling from your graveyard to your hand.
It needs to be able to target cards with various landcycling abilities as well.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 14 Apr 2017, 21:36

currently it does not work as you want.
without code changes, you need "Card.YouCtrl+withCycling, Card.YouCtrl+withTypeCycling" because it currently does not know that TypeCycling is some kind of Cycling too.

probably there many ways to check withCycling, like withFlashback is done too, with checking if a SpellAbility of the Card is a Cycling ability.
Hanmac

Postby Agetian » 16 Apr 2017, 16:17

Sorry for being a bit away from coding Forge lately, guys - Uni work has been quite pressing this spring.
The cards implemented above have been committed to trunk after testing to make sure that they do not crash. :) Hope I didn't miss any.

My question from a while ago still stands: how do we want to handle Amonkhet Invocations? :) (check this out please -> viewtopic.php?f=52&t=20364#p211490 )

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 16 Apr 2017, 16:32

My preferred way to handle the invocations would be to have a directory for all masterpieces with subdirectories for the separate sets. Can Forge be made to handle it like that?
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 16 Apr 2017, 17:21

Marek14 wrote:My preferred way to handle the invocations would be to have a directory for all masterpieces with subdirectories for the separate sets. Can Forge be made to handle it like that?
Umm probably, but that's not even the biggest problem - the biggest problem is handling the set code internally as well as the collector numbers for cards... :/

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 16 Apr 2017, 17:59

When I input the cards in my database, I give them codes like MPS_KLD, MPS_AER, MPS_AKH, etc.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 16 Apr 2017, 18:09

Is there a good way to do Heart-Piercer Manticore? From the FAQ:

"Heart-Piercer Manticore features a new style of triggered ability. When it enters the battlefield, its triggered ability goes on the stack without a target. While that ability is resolving, you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, a second ability triggers and you pick a target creature or player that will be dealt damage. This is different from other abilities that say "If you do . . ." in that players may cast spells and activate abilities before a creature is sacrificed and then again after the creature is sacrificed but before damage is dealt."
Marek14
Tester

Postby Xitax » 16 Apr 2017, 19:54

I vote for giving the Masterpieces a different set code too. I don't really care what it is.
Xitax

Postby Hanmac » 16 Apr 2017, 21:32

Heart-Piercer Manticore:
My thoughts:
My current idea how it could be done is this:
Etb trigger -> optional Sacrifice Effect  (+store LKI) => the Effect that call the Sacrifice trigger need some special param and should give to to the sacrifice trigger.
Sacrifice Trigger with Param to check if the effect which did sacrifice had the same param.
@Exert: thanks friarsol for that first doing, but it looks like that Exert is auch bit more complicated than that. Because it does also matter who is the controller of the exerted creature.

If you gain control of another player's creature until end of turn and exert it, it will untap during that player's untap step.
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 16 Apr 2017, 22:10

Can you help with Shed Weakness? This is the basic card:

Name:Shed Weakness
ManaCost:G
Types:Instant
A:SP$ Pump | Cost$ G | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | NumAtt$ +2 | NumDef$ +2 | SubAbility$ DBRemoveCounter | SpellDescription$ Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. You may remove a -1/-1 counter from it.
SVar:DBRemoveCounter:DB$RemoveCounter | Defined$ ParentTarget | CounterType$ M1M1 | CounterNum$ 1
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/shed_weakness.jpg
Oracle:Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. You may remove a -1/-1 counter from it.
I got stuck because I can't figure out how to make the counter removal optional.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Bog Wraith » 17 Apr 2017, 00:14

Desiccated Naga is improperly spelt "Dessiccated Naga" in the DB.

r33747
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner