It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:31

Text Size

Hour of Devastation spoiler season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Hour of Devastation spoiler season

Postby Agetian » 24 Jun 2017, 11:16

Marek14 wrote:
Agetian wrote:I updated Eradicate upstream, I think it'll now do what you said it should do. :) Feel free to update other similar cards as well when you have time. I also updated Transgress the Mind, maybe some other cards now need the update too.

- Agetian
Not sure how I'll be with time -- in addition to my work, I now have to worry about my Dad who's in hospital. I'm probably limited to making new cards for now.
That's alright, no worries, I'll try to take care of some of these card updates as well. Hope your dad gets well soon!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 24 Jun 2017, 15:07

This is a first attempt for The Scarab God:

Code: Select all
Name:The Scarab God
ManaCost:3 U B
Types:Legendary Creature God
PT:5/5
T:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Upkeep | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigLoseLife | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent loses X life and you scry X, where X is the number of Zombies you control.
SVar:TrigDrain:DB$ LoseLife | Defined$ Player.Opponent | LifeAmount$ X | References$ X | SubAbility$ DBScry
SVar:DBScry:DB$Scry | ScryNum$ X | References$ X
A:AB$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 2 U B | RememberLKI$ True | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Exile | ValidTgts$ Creature | ChangeNum$ 1 | SubAbility$ DBCopy | SpellDescription$ Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a 4/4 black Zombie.
SVar:DBCopy:DB$ CopyPermanent | Defined$ Remembered | SetPower$ 4 | SetToughness$ 4 | SetColor$ Black | SetTypes$ Zombie | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | TriggerController$ TriggeredCardController | Execute$ TrigDelay | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME dies, return it to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.
SVar:TrigDelay:DB$ DelayedTrigger | Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | RememberObjects$ Self | Execute$ TrigReturn | SpellDescription$ Return that creature to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.
SVar:TrigReturn:DB$ ChangeZone | Defined$ DelayTriggerRemembered | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Hand
SVar:X:Count$Valid Zombie.YouCtrl
SVar:BuffedBy:Zombie
DeckHas:Ability$Token
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/the_scarab_god.jpg
Oracle:At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent loses X life and you scry X, where X is the number of Zombies you control.\n{2}{U}{B}: Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a 4/4 black Zombie.\nWhen The Scarab God dies, return it to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.
I'm not sure whether SetTypes$ even works; the way The Scarab God is written, it removes existing creature types, replacing them with "Zombie" but I don't know how to write that correctly.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 24 Jun 2017, 18:50

Today's bunch of cards. I included some old cards when I noticed an easily fixable error, mostly converting AB$ with no cost to DB$ and such.
Attachments
hou2.zip
(19.37 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 25 Jun 2017, 09:09

Looking at Aquitect's Will - does the effect work correctly? It seems like it makes all lands with flood counters into Islands, which would be incorrect if the counter is moved somehow...
Marek14
Tester

Postby ShivaFang » 25 Jun 2017, 13:09

Marek14 wrote:This is a first attempt for The Scarab God:
I'm not sure whether SetTypes$ even works; the way The Scarab God is written, it removes existing creature types, replacing them with "Zombie" but I don't know how to write that correctly.
Conspiracy uses AddType$ - I noticed it because I copied it for Arcane Adaptation from the XLN leak.

That said Conspiracy SHOULD be using SetTypes$ - Conspiracy is supposed to replace the types, not add to them. (Arcane Adaptation adds to them - so it works for what I want it for)
ShivaFang

Postby Agetian » 25 Jun 2017, 13:14

Marek14 wrote:Looking at Aquitect's Will - does the effect work correctly? It seems like it makes all lands with flood counters into Islands, which would be incorrect if the counter is moved somehow...
I improved it upstream, now it'll only affect the card under its effect. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 25 Jun 2017, 14:52

OK, and that's all for now.

Visage of Bolas - I used Ajani's Aid as a template, but I'm not sure whether the search of library and/or graveyard is provided correctly.

I think it should work like this: have parameter LibraryOptional$ True. Then, show just cards in graveyard in the dialogue window, with last line reading "LIBRARY". If this line is selected, you'll see your library, then you get back to the dialogue, but with library cards included. If library is not opened, it's not shuffled.

If someone could try Torment of Hailfire, Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver (not sure how to implement the "torment" choice in these more complex scenarios).

It would be great if there was interface for this ability (and for Forbidden Ritual), so you could click either a card on the battlefield or in hand.
Attachments
hou3.zip
(8.29 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 25 Jun 2017, 17:28

Here's a project for Torment of Hailfire which seems to do its job. Similar code can be adapted for Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver, I think:

Code: Select all
Name:Torment of Hailfire
ManaCost:X B B
Types:Sorcery
A:SP$ Repeat | Cost$ X B B | MaxRepeat$ X | RepeatSubAbility$ RepeatTorment | References$ X | AILogic$ MaxX | StackDescription$ SpellDescription | SpellDescription$ Repeat the following process X times. Each opponent loses 3 life unless that player sacrifices a nonland permanent or discards a card.
SVar:RepeatTorment:DB$ RepeatEach | RepeatPlayers$ Opponent | RepeatSubAbility$ DBChoose
SVar:DBChoose:DB$ GenericChoice | Defined$ Player.IsRemembered | Choices$ SacNonland,Discard | FallbackAbility$ LoseLifeFallback | AILogic$ PayUnlessCost
SVar:Discard:DB$ LoseLife | Defined$ Player.IsRemembered | LifeAmount$ 3 | UnlessCost$ Discard<1/Card> | UnlessPayer$ Player.IsRemembered | SpellDescription$ You lose 3 life unless you discard a card
SVar:SacNonland:DB$ LoseLife | Defined$ Player.IsRemembered | LifeAmount$ 3 | UnlessCost$ Sac<1/Permanent.nonLand> | UnlessPayer$ Player.IsRemembered | SpellDescription$ You lose 3 life unless you sacrifice a nonland permanent

# TODO: Most likely the ChooseGenericEffect code can be simplified somehow to avoid the necessity of having a dedicated fallback ability
SVar:LoseLifeFallback:DB$ LoseLife | Defined$ Player.IsRemembered | LifeAmount$ 3

SVar:X:Count$xPaid
SVar:AIPreference:SacCost$Permanent.nonLand | DiscardCost$Card
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/torment_of_hailfire.jpg
Oracle:Repeat the following process X times. Each opponent loses 3 life unless that player sacrifices a nonland permanent or discards a card.
- Agetian
Last edited by Agetian on 26 Jun 2017, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
Agetian
Programmer

Postby ZzzzSleep » 26 Jun 2017, 06:53

Is there a list of cards that people have either done or have put their hand up to do? I'm happy to script some cards, but don't want to double up with anybody else.
ZzzzSleep

Postby Marek14 » 26 Jun 2017, 07:42

The "upcoming cards" system isn't really working too well now, I guess. I basically scripted everything on MTGSalvation spoiler that I could. I missed Solemnity, which probably requires some new effects.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 26 Jun 2017, 12:11

Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver and Torment of Hailfire are now both scripted.
Solemnity is now scripted too.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby austinio7116 » 27 Jun 2017, 07:25

Something is not right with Earthshaker Khenra - the ETB trigger did not trigger when I had an opposing creature with equal power to Earthshaker Khenra. I'll test further later today.

Update - further testing suggests it is only when power is equal - perhaps the script phrase "Creature.powerLTX" means less than, rather than less than or equal to as it should be.
Last edited by austinio7116 on 27 Jun 2017, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
austinio7116

Postby austinio7116 » 27 Jun 2017, 07:32

For solemnity we may want to improve the AI so that it realizes it shouldn't play e.g. Harnessed Lightning when a Solemnity is out.
austinio7116

Postby Marek14 » 27 Jun 2017, 09:02

austinio7116 wrote:For solemnity we may want to improve the AI so that it realizes it shouldn't play e.g. Harnessed Lightning when a Solemnity is out.
Not necessarily, though, it might still have enough energy banked to kill something.
Marek14
Tester

Postby swordshine » 27 Jun 2017, 09:03

Agetian wrote:Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver and Torment of Hailfire are now both scripted.
Solemnity is now scripted too.

- Agetian
swordshine

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner