It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:47

Text Size

2 more patches

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

2 more patches

Postby Seravy » 27 Jun 2017, 18:09

1. This one fixes the bugs with creating quest mode drafts from tickets. It replaces previous code for finding valid blocks with the most simple "block is valid if all sets are available" solution.

-Previously, you could create a draft if you unlocked 2 out of the 3 sets in the block. However, attempting to do so triggered an error message and failed anyway - as the third set was not available.
-Some nonstandard drafts didn't make it past the check and weren't an option even if you did have the sets unlocked - for example I've never seen HMLx5 or PTKx5 appear, or when I added a new line in the blocks.txt file for ULGx3, that didn't show up either.

Please check and make sure I'm not missing anything here - I find it weird why the original code was there instead of simply checking all sets, maybe there was a reason for it - whatever it was didn't seem to work correctly though.

Edit : For some reason, certain options appear twice. (5th edition and portal in my case) I don't think that's possible unless they have been duplicated in the "blocks" data before processing it so it seems to be an unrelated bug. (maybe using a "Set" data type instead of a "List" would be better for blocks, to prevent duplicates.)

DraftSetFIX.txt
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

This one adds a new quest mode option "More Duel Choices".
If set to yes, in addition to the usual 3 duels of the intended difficulty, one duel of each lower difficulty is added. (so if you are at Hard, you get to choose from 3x Hard, 1x Medium and 1x Easy.)
MoreDuelChoices.txt
(5.55 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

...meaning, I'm mostly done with what I intended to do at the moment, leaving only the interaction of quest world set overrides and quest mode set unlocks - see the thread about that here : viewtopic.php?f=52&t=20777
I'd like to hear what is the preferred solution for that before I start to work on it.
Seravy

Return to Developer's Corner