It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:32

Text Size

New deck fix patch

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

New deck fix patch

Postby Seravy » 03 Jul 2017, 21:08

Autoselects the created new deck when saving it in quest mode.
Attachments
NewDeckSelected.txt
(1.31 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Seravy

Re: New deck fix patch

Postby Seravy » 03 Jul 2017, 21:25

And this other one is an attempt to fix the "resets to first deck after startup" problem. Needs testing, but I'm 90% sure this line was the culprit. (I did test however that it's safe to remove - no crashing even if I deleted the quest save file, forcing the editor to reset to no decks.)

Speaking of which, "chosen deck" being stored in the quest preferences instead of the quest data itself is a bad idea. Storing local quest data globally for all quests is bad. Doing that will reset your deck every time you change quests, or, if there is a deck with the same name, select that one. If there are no volunteers, I can add it to my "todo" list but honestly there are way more important things to do, don't expect this to be done soon, if ever.
Attachments
DeckResetFix.txt
(702 Bytes) Downloaded 196 times
Seravy

Postby Agetian » 04 Jul 2017, 05:26

Thanks! :) Tested and integrated.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Seravy » 05 Jul 2017, 21:28

Unfortunately, the selected deck still resets to the first every once in a while but it feels as if it happened less often. I suspect the other line should have been removed, too. I think what's happening is, the stored choice is safe, but the deck selection slot is still reset, so when you first visit the deck selection screen it changes to the first deck anyway. I'll try removing that other line next time I compile the source, or you might want to try yourself earlier.
Seravy

Return to Developer's Corner