It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:18

Text Size

Commander 2017 spoiler season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Commander 2017 spoiler season

Postby Indigo Dragon » 31 Aug 2017, 12:11

@Agetian

I once used http://svn.slightlymagic.net/websvn/log ... F&isdir=1& (Don't bother clicking, it 404s), which had a handy log feature to show all the updates. It allowed me to keep track of what was updated and what wasn't.

Goblin Hero viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20999&p=218130#p218130 says that he's "not yet sure if it's worth fixing" :( .

For now I'm watching http://svn.slightlymagic.net/forge/, which is really hard and bare bones.

I'm self-admitted very stupid when it comes to Eclipse, Java, Programming, Coding, etc. I'm trying to learn, but the going is tough. For now, this system of updates is working and I'm very happy with it.

===

Now, for less boring stuff

Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith has a whole other ability "Whenever an equipped creature you control attacks, you may tap target creature defending player controls." This is currently completely missing.

I'm thinking of there being two updates to Planeswalkers. The first and easiest one is to double space loyalty abilities in the Oracle text.

eg. for Chandra, Pyrogenius;
Code: Select all
[+2] Chandra, Pyrogenius deals 2 damage to each opponent.
[-3] Chandra, Pyrogenius deals 4 damage to target creature.
[-10] Chandra, Pyrogenius deals 6 damage to target player and each creature he or she controls.
becomes
[+2] Chandra, Pyrogenius deals 2 damage to each opponent.

[-3] Chandra, Pyrogenius deals 4 damage to target creature.

[-10] Chandra, Pyrogenius deals 6 damage to target player and each creature he or she controls.
with the .txt file;
Oracle:[+2] Chandra, Pyrogenius deals 2 damage to each opponent.\n\n[-3] Chandra, Pyrogenius deals 4 damage to target creature.\n\n[-10] Chandra, Pyrogenius deals 6 damage to target player and each creature he or she controls.
Is this worth it? Maybe, maybe not.
What I have just realised by doing this is that some cards have "[+1]" and some have "[+1]:". Damn. That's what I'm going to do instead, standardize to "[+1]:".

Now for emblems. Refer to the following. /forge/trunk/forge-game/src/main/java/forge/game/ability/effects/effecteffect.java
        String image;
        if (sa.hasParam("Image")) {
            image = ImageKeys.getTokenKey(sa.getParam("Image"));
        } else if (name.endsWith("emblem")) { // try to get the image from name
            image = ImageKeys.getTokenKey(name.replace(",", "").replace(" ", "_").toLowerCase());
        } else { // use host image
            image = hostCard.getImageKey();
        }
Now I ain't smart, but swapping name.endsWith to name.startsWith should allow all the emblem tokens to be easily sort able. This is a big change, as it requires all existing token names across all computers to be changed, as well as either the removal or changes to all cards with "Image$ Planeswalker_second_third_emblem", and in the end there won't be much gain.

Then again, there wasn't much gain in going to the moon either. And we choose to change the emblem token names so that it will be standardized and sort able, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.

Thanks and good luck.

Edit: Vessel of Malignity has "SpellDescription$ Target opponent exiles a card from his or her hand. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery." instead of "Target opponent exiles two cards from his or her hand. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery."
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

Postby Agetian » 31 Aug 2017, 12:47

Ah, gotcha!
You can ensure that you're staying on up to date cardsfolder by regularly checking out the SVN repository - you can use something like TortoiseSVN for the purpose, and check out the repository at "http://svn.slightlymagic.net/forge/trunk". That should also provide you with the changelog. Let me know if you need further help with it.

Double spacing for the 'walker abilities sounds like a good change.
Yeah, changing the emblem names might be tricky, though it is doable (some renaming will have to be done though, yeah, including the files on the server).

I'll patch up Nazahn soon ;)
EDIT: Done. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 01 Sep 2017, 03:09

@ Indigo Dragon: Oh, btw, Edgar Markov is supposed to have Card.Vampire, not Creature.Vampire, since it says "another Vampire spell", which includes Vampire tribal spells ;)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Indigo Dragon » 01 Sep 2017, 04:56

@Agetian, time to stop NecroPosting, sent you a PM. Really excited!
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner