It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:40

Text Size

Ixalan spoiler season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Ixalan spoiler season

Postby Agetian » 11 Sep 2017, 10:01

This card is upstream as Kumena's Speaker.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby ragininsanity209 » 11 Sep 2017, 15:20

Agetian wrote:This card is upstream as Kumena's Speaker.

- Agetian
Sorry about the duplicate.
ragininsanity209

Postby Agetian » 11 Sep 2017, 17:43

I will most likely need help with code support for this card, feel free to assist if able:
http://mythicspoiler.com/ixa/cards/trov ... ation.html

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby swordshine » 12 Sep 2017, 04:22

Agetian wrote:I will most likely need help with code support for this card, feel free to assist if able:
http://mythicspoiler.com/ixa/cards/trov ... ation.html

- Agetian
It's quite complicated. Probably it needs a new static ability that give the opponents MustAttackEntity.
swordshine

Postby stormcat » 12 Sep 2017, 07:41

Conqueror's Galleon is 4 mana not 2 mana.
stormcat

Postby MaxMtg » 12 Sep 2017, 10:45

Iconic Masters is not yet available to draft
MaxMtg

Postby azcotic » 13 Sep 2017, 02:33

Imperial Lancer
| Open
Name:Imperial Lancer
ManaCost:W
Types:Creature Human Knight
PT:1/1
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.Self | AddKeyword$ Double Strike | CheckSVar$ X | SVarCompare$ GE1 | Description$ CARDNAME has Double Strike as long as you control a Dinosaur.

SVar:X:Count$Valid Creature.Dinosaur+YouCtrl
SVar:BuffedBy:Dinosaur
SVar:Picture:http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/avatars/133/875/636408000469122870.png
Oracle:Imperial Lancer has double strike as long as you control a Dinosaur.

Charging Monstrosaur
| Open
Name:Charging Monstrosaur
ManaCost:4 R
Types:Creature Dinosaur
PT:5/5
K:Trample
K:Haste
SVar:Picture:http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/avatars/133/876/636408059878223724.png
Oracle:Trample, haste\n

Sky Terror
| Open
Name:Sky Terror
ManaCost:R W
PT:2/2
K:Flying
K:Menace
SVar:Picture:http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/avatars/133/881/636408074761923913.png
Oracle:Flying, Menace

Snapping Sailback
| Open
Name:Snapping Sailback
ManaCost:4 G
PT:4/4
K: Flash
T:Mode$ DamageDone | Execute$ TrigPutCounter | ValidTarget$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | TriggerDescription$ Enrage — Whenever CARDNAME is dealt damage, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
SVar:TrigPutCounter:AB$ PutCounter | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ Self | CounterType$ P1P1 | CounterNum$ 1
SVar:HasCombatEffect:TRUE
SVar:Picture:http://mythicspoiler.com/ixa/cards/snappingsailback.jpg
Oracle:Enrage - Whenever Snapping Sailback is dealt damage, put a +1/+1 counter on it. (It must survive the damage to get the counter.)

thundering spineback
| Open
Name:Thundering Spineback
ManaCost:5 G G
PT:5/5
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Dinosaur+Other+YouCtrl | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness$ 1 | Description$ Other Elf creatures you control get +1/+1.
A:AB$ Token | Cost$ 5 G | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Dinosaur | TokenTypes$ Creature,Dinosaur | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Green | TokenPower$ 3 | TokenToughness$ 3 | TokenKeywords$ Trample | TokenImage$ g 3 3 dinosaur | SpellDescription$ Create a 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token with Trample.
SVar:PlayMain1:TRUE
SVar:Picture:http://mythicspoiler.com/ixa/cards/thunderingspineback1.jpg
Oracle:Other Dinosaurs you control get +1/+1. \n{5}{G}: Create a 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token with trample.
azcotic

Postby Agetian » 13 Sep 2017, 08:56

Sky Terror, Snapping Sailback, Thundering Spineback now upstream, thanks! :) Waiting for WotC official text for the other two cards to add them.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 13 Sep 2017, 09:00

Tried my hand at writing Trove of Temptation. This card is ugly (implementation-wise), so certain side effects in corner cases are probably still possible. Currently implemented as a keyword-like ability similar to "no more than X creatures can attack each turn" etc., but maybe is better as a global rule, I'm not sure (and not sure how to properly convert it to a global rule either...). Assistance and improvements are welcome.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 13 Sep 2017, 10:24

Got back from the vacation, looking through the spoiler properly now. How are we with Enrage triggers? I remember that there was this persistent problem with cards like Dromad Purebred, when they for example triggered multiple times when they were double-blocked and got dealt damage from multiple sources simultaneously.
Marek14
Tester

Postby azcotic » 13 Sep 2017, 11:12

Dont problem with that because enrage is triggered multiple times in that scenario.

Agetian, Charging Monstrosaur is official! xD
azcotic

Postby Agetian » 13 Sep 2017, 13:25

Marek14 wrote:Got back from the vacation, looking through the spoiler properly now. How are we with Enrage triggers? I remember that there was this persistent problem with cards like Dromad Purebred, when they for example triggered multiple times when they were double-blocked and got dealt damage from multiple sources simultaneously.
Welcome back! :) Glad you're planning to join us in implementing Ixalan, I tried to keep up with the spoilers so far, and azcotic was helpful in providing many of the scripts too, but personally I'm getting a bit pressed for time due to work these days, so I don't know if I'll be able to maintain the pace for long... :(

Umm as things stand right now, Enrage is susceptible to the same issue as you mentioned. I'm not completely sure how to best approach fixing it, but there are a few different damage-dealing triggers in Forge, it seems some of them are specifically written in order to be handled only once in case of simultaneous damage, and there's the one (DamageDone) that fires each time damage is registered, even if it's just from multiple sources but the damage is in reality done simultaneously. Right now, for example, it's possible to make Enrage trigger only once if you split the trigger into two, one for non-combat damage (DamageDone) and one for simultaneous combat damage (CombatDamageDoneOnce), e.g.:

Code: Select all
Name:Ripjaw Raptor
ManaCost:2 G G
PT:4/5
T:Mode$ CombatDamageDoneOnce | Execute$ TrigDraw | ValidTarget$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | TriggerDescription$ Enrage — Whenever CARDNAME is dealt damage, draw a card.
T:Mode$ DamageDone | CombatDamage$ False | Secondary$ True | Execute$ TrigDraw | ValidTarget$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield
SVar:TrigDraw:DB$ Draw | Defined$ You | NumCards$ 1
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/ripjaw_raptor.jpg
Oracle:Enrage — Whenever Ripjaw Raptor is dealt damage, draw a card.
This seems to work correctly in both non-combat and combat scenarios, including multiple blocks, but maybe this should somehow be addressed in the DamageDone trigger code. Once again, I'm probably not the best advisor in that area, since changing the default functionality of DamageDone is likely to cause issues with other cards that may specifically (and correctly?) rely on its behavior.

Anyhow, should we use this double trigger format for Enrage for the time being, in case it should only fire once in combat?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 13 Sep 2017, 15:23

Ah, nice! Charging Monstrosaur is now uploaded too.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 14 Sep 2017, 13:02

Agetian wrote:
Marek14 wrote:Got back from the vacation, looking through the spoiler properly now. How are we with Enrage triggers? I remember that there was this persistent problem with cards like Dromad Purebred, when they for example triggered multiple times when they were double-blocked and got dealt damage from multiple sources simultaneously.
Welcome back! :) Glad you're planning to join us in implementing Ixalan, I tried to keep up with the spoilers so far, and azcotic was helpful in providing many of the scripts too, but personally I'm getting a bit pressed for time due to work these days, so I don't know if I'll be able to maintain the pace for long... :(

Umm as things stand right now, Enrage is susceptible to the same issue as you mentioned. I'm not completely sure how to best approach fixing it, but there are a few different damage-dealing triggers in Forge, it seems some of them are specifically written in order to be handled only once in case of simultaneous damage, and there's the one (DamageDone) that fires each time damage is registered, even if it's just from multiple sources but the damage is in reality done simultaneously. Right now, for example, it's possible to make Enrage trigger only once if you split the trigger into two, one for non-combat damage (DamageDone) and one for simultaneous combat damage (CombatDamageDoneOnce), e.g.:

Code: Select all
Name:Ripjaw Raptor
ManaCost:2 G G
PT:4/5
T:Mode$ CombatDamageDoneOnce | Execute$ TrigDraw | ValidTarget$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | TriggerDescription$ Enrage — Whenever CARDNAME is dealt damage, draw a card.
T:Mode$ DamageDone | CombatDamage$ False | Secondary$ True | Execute$ TrigDraw | ValidTarget$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield
SVar:TrigDraw:DB$ Draw | Defined$ You | NumCards$ 1
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/ripjaw_raptor.jpg
Oracle:Enrage — Whenever Ripjaw Raptor is dealt damage, draw a card.
This seems to work correctly in both non-combat and combat scenarios, including multiple blocks, but maybe this should somehow be addressed in the DamageDone trigger code. Once again, I'm probably not the best advisor in that area, since changing the default functionality of DamageDone is likely to cause issues with other cards that may specifically (and correctly?) rely on its behavior.

Anyhow, should we use this double trigger format for Enrage for the time being, in case it should only fire once in combat?

- Agetian
Yes, I think we should. For noncombat damage, simultaneous damage from multiple targets is rare, but it can still happen (for example Baki's Curse).

Ideally, there would be three triggers:

X deals damage to Y - triggers on any instance of damage, can refer both to the source and the recipient of damage.
X deals damage - triggers only once no matter how many recipients are damaged. Can refer to the source and to the damage amount, but not to the recipient(s).
Y is dealt damage - triggers only once no matter how many sources deals damage. Can refer to the recipient and to the damage amount, but not to the source(s).

Soul Link is a good card for testing, I think :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 14 Sep 2017, 13:37

Okie doke, I'll switch it over then :)
Any other cards we should do this to, by the way? (feel free to either change them or name them such that I can patch them up in a similar way)

P.S. Tested Baki's Curse with the above-mentioned setup for Enrage, and amazingly, it seems to interact correctly with e.g. Enraged creatures with multiple auras (the damage is only dealt once and the trigger fires only once).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner