It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:41

Text Size

Rivals of Ixalan Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Rivals of Ixalan Spoiler Season

Postby Marek14 » 10 Jan 2018, 10:24

OK, I added most of the creatures and Pride of Conquerors. I'm still not sure how to do the other spells -- Secrets of the Golden City uses pretty specific SVar:X:Count$Blessing.3.2 line that I can't easily adapt to things like Kumena's Awakening or Expel from Orazca.
Marek14
Tester

Postby austinio7116 » 10 Jan 2018, 11:11

Is this comment Hanmac just made on Discord any help? https://discordapp.com/channels/2673679 ... 3864281088

Hanmac - Today at 11:08 AM
@Austinio7116 on trigger you can do Blessing$ False
On other stuff need to do the Y Blessing.1.0 or something and then use the Svar
austinio7116

Postby Marek14 » 10 Jan 2018, 11:16

OK, that should help...

EDIT: I now managed to finish all Ascend card except Timestream Navigator. Expel from Orazca might need some AI considerations since unlike Ether Well I based it on, it can be used to save your own permanent (and in that case, you'd choose to return it to hand even if you have city's blessing).
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 10 Jan 2018, 16:05

Thanks for your contributions, Marek!
I tested the basic functionality of the cards, made a couple updates and integrated them upstream.

Btw, it looks like you're not yet updating your branch to be up to date with the upstream code base. You should consider doing that, if at all possible (this process is called "rebasing" and it will both allow you to keep up with all the latest changes in the code, avoiding potential conflicts and stuff and letting you test the cards with the latest changes already in place, *and* will make it significantly easier for us to test your changes with the latest code base and merge it without taking additional steps and workarounds). You can look up some information about how to do it here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/792 ... ote-master (and the process itself is explained, albeit in a rather technical way, over here: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Branching-Rebasing ) If it's not very understandable and you're unable to figure out what to do and how to do it, hopefully someone more knowledgeable in Git than me will also be able to provide some advice. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby austinio7116 » 10 Jan 2018, 16:43

I believe these are the remaining cards to implement unless anyone has worked on them already - I've put in a few comments where I think issues have already been discussed - I notice one is incorrectly named (Shrine/Temple Altisaur ):

Awakened Amalgam - Differently named land count
Azor, the Lawbringer
Cherished Hatchling
Flood of Recollection
Golden Guardian - Transform issues?
Induced Amnesia
Release to the Wind
Shrine Altisaur - Should this not be Temple Altisaur?
Slaughter the Strong
Surge of Memories
The Immortal Sun - Players can't activate planeswalker's abilities?
Tilonalli's Summoner
Timestream Navigator - Implemented, but needs additional code change
Tuskodon - should be Charging Tuskodon? - this is because the rarity was missing in the editions file
austinio7116

Postby austinio7116 » 10 Jan 2018, 18:40

I am working on Azor, the Lawbringer
austinio7116

Postby austinio7116 » 10 Jan 2018, 20:00

I have it working, just need to clean up my branch before a merge request

Edit: Merge request raised
austinio7116

Postby austinio7116 » 11 Jan 2018, 08:27

| Open
Name:Tilonalli's Summoner
ManaCost:1 R
Types:Creature Human Shaman
PT:1/1
K:Ascend
T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigToken | TriggerDescription$ Every time Tilonalli's Summoner attacks, you may pay {X}{R}. If you do, create X 1/1 Elemental creature tokens tapped and attacking.
SVar:TrigToken:AB$ Token | Cost$ X R | TokenAmount$ X | TokenName$ Elemental | TokenTypes$ Creature,Elemental | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Red | TokenSVars$ ElementEOT | AtEOT$ Exile | TokenPower$ 1 | TokenToughness$ 1 | TokenTapped$ True | TokenAttacking$ True | TokenImage$ r 1 1 Elemental RIX
SVar:X:Count$xPaid
SVar:ElementEOT:SVar:EndOfTurnLeavePlay:True | ConditionCheckSVar$ Y | ConditionSVarCompare$ EQ1
SVar:Y:Count$Blessing.0.1

SVar:HasAttackEffect:TRUE
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/tilonallis_summoner.jp
Oracle:Ascend\nEvery time Tilonalli's Summoner attacks, you may pay {X}{R}. If you do, create X 1/1 Elemental creature tokens tapped and attacking.\nExile them at the beginning of the next end step, unless you have the City's Blessing.

I'm struggling to get tilonallis summoner to work with Ascend. Any ideas appreciated, perhaps new code required?
austinio7116

Postby Marek14 » 11 Jan 2018, 08:54

I think your problem is that you set the variable that determines whether the tokens will leave at EOT at the time you create them. But the way it should work is that the ability creates a delayed trigger that will trigger at end of turn, and only THEN check your blessing status.

In other words, the shortcut AtEOT$ parameter won't work here. You have to make a full-fledged delayed trigger.
Marek14
Tester

Postby austinio7116 » 11 Jan 2018, 09:45

Thanks, yes that makes sense - I'll give that a go after work
austinio7116

Postby austinio7116 » 11 Jan 2018, 16:21

Update on what may still be remaining?

Awakened Amalgam - Differently named land count
Cherished Hatchling
Golden Guardian - Transform issues?
Induced Amnesia
Slaughter the Strong
Timestream Navigator - Implemented, but needs additional code change
Last edited by austinio7116 on 11 Jan 2018, 19:57, edited 3 times in total.
austinio7116

Postby Marek14 » 11 Jan 2018, 16:39

I have Charging Tuskodon - it should be merged already. It's here: https://git.cardforge.org/Marek14/forge ... skodon.txt

I'd post the code, but GitHub is acting up again for me and I can't get to it.

Surge of Memories is bad translation: it's actually Flood of Recollection, and that is implemented.

Awakened Amalgam could possibly use the tech from Maze's End:

Code: Select all
Name:Awakened Amalgam
ManaCost:4
Types:Artifact Creature Golem
PT:*/*
S:Mode$ Continuous | EffectZone$ All | CharacteristicDefining$ True | SetPower$ X | SetToughness$ X | Description$ CARDNAME's power and toughness are each equal to the number of differently named lands you control.
SVar:X:Count$DifferentCardNames_Land.YouCtrl+inZoneBattlefield
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/awakened_amalgam.jpg
Oracle:Awakened Amalgam's power and toughness are each equal to the number of differently named lands you control.
I'm not sure quite how to write Cherished Hatchling -- I probably could do it, but it would require some tuning. But we already have the tech for granting abilities to spells thanks to Bloodlord of Vaasgoth, so I guess it would work roughly like this: trigger sets up an effect until EOT (either one or two effects). Flash effect can be taken from Alchemist's Refuge, and ability granting would have to be somehow taken from Bloodlord of Vaasgoth.

For Golden Guardian, I'd suggest using code from Adarkar Valkyrie which has to set up similar delayed trigger.

Induced Amnesia is a bit troublesome. You will probably have to use both remembering and imprinting to get it to work correctly, because it has to store two different sets of cards: cards exiled by the currently resolving ability and all exiled cards. While these two sets will usually be the same, there are exceptions (for example when you copy the ETB trigger).

For Release to the Wind, the only tricky bit seems to be that it's the card's owner that gets to cast it -- otherwise, there are already many effects that do this.

Slaughter the Strong requires selection of a set of creatures based on their combined power. There are already cards that require that, but not in this exact scenario -- but things like Mossbridge Troll or Phyrexian Dreadnought may help -- or maybe Protean Hulk. Important things to test are that creatures with negative power will actually count as negative numbers for the purpose of the sum, and that all choices are made before any creature is sacrificed. This is pretty important since some creatures might have their power instantly changed when someone else sacrifices creatures (Lhurgoyf, for example). Whether you can keep Lhurgoyf around or not should not depend on whether you select first or second.
Marek14
Tester

Postby austinio7116 » 11 Jan 2018, 19:55

Release to the Wind is done, just checking in now
austinio7116

Postby austinio7116 » 14 Jan 2018, 00:35

austinio7116

Postby Marek14 » 12 Feb 2018, 09:07

Hmm, I originally coded Crashing Tide to work everywhere, but now I found this:

http://www.cranialinsertion.com/article/2581

Q: I could've sworn that last week's article said that Mystical Teachings can fetch Crashing Tide if I control a Merfolk, but now it says it can't. Which one is it?

A: The correct answer is that Mystical Teachings can't fetch Crashing Tide. The initially published version of last week's article incorrectly stated that Crashing Tide's ability works in the library, which it doesn't. Because of this, a Crashing Tide in the library doesn't have flash, so Mystical Teachings can't find it.
Marek14
Tester

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner