It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:16

Text Size

Rivals of Ixalan Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Rivals of Ixalan Spoiler Season

Postby Agetian » 08 Jan 2018, 15:31

austinio7116 wrote:Is it even possible to submit a merge request from one fork to another using the gitlab UI, or does it require commandline git?
Hmm not sure, but I merged things from Marek before, so I assume it should be possible to do it at least in some way :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 08 Jan 2018, 15:32

austinio7116 wrote:Is Krazy the only one with access to the git server (do we even have root access with the hosting?) to see what's going on with the performance?
Hmm I think we should talk about it to Krazy, I'm not sure...

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby austinio7116 » 08 Jan 2018, 18:04

Agetian wrote:
Marek14 wrote:
swordshine wrote:Hi, Marek! I closed the your merge requests in my fork. I looks like you need to fork the project https://git.cardforge.org/core-developers/forge/forks
No, I have my own fork... it's just that your fork appears as default for merging for some reason.
Ohhh, I think it may be because you forked Swordshine's fork (yeah, it's actually possible to do things like that) instead of forking the actual upstream Master... You'd need to fork this particular repo -> https://git.cardforge.org/core-developers/forge
I'd suggest the following course of action:

1. Try to submit a merge request to upstream Master (you were able to do that previously, so you should be able to do it now, at least that's the hope).
2. Once everything is in (I'll tell you here once I integrate it), you can then start a new fork from Master, and once you get everything working, you can then delete the first fork you made (from Swordshine's fork).

- Agetian
I have downloaded the upcoming folder from Marek's fork so I can start testing the cards - looks like we have 170 cards (out of 214? - may be less due to double land cards?) with everything Marek has committed so far. Let us know if you are still having trouble getting it checked in to the master of the main repository.
austinio7116

Postby Marek14 » 08 Jan 2018, 18:12

I'm trying to put out a merge request. Let's consolidate, I'll have a look at the ascend cards next if the mechanic is working now.
Marek14
Tester

Postby austinio7116 » 08 Jan 2018, 20:02

Yes, it's ready, Hanmac checked it in yesterday.
austinio7116

Postby schnautzr » 09 Jan 2018, 02:33

I've hit a roadblock on this one. The card is entirely functional EXCEPT that when I change the Cost$ of the ultimate ability to SubCounter<8/LOYALTY>, it breaks. So here's Angrath, the Flame-Chained with a free ultimate for a fast endgame.

Code: Select all
Name:Angrath, the Flame-Chained
ManaCost:3 B R
Types:Legendary Planeswalker Angrath
A:AB$ Discard | Cost$ AddCounter<1/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Defined$ Opponent | NumCards$ 1 | Mode$ TgtChoose | SubAbility$ DBLoseLifeDiscard | SpellDescription$ Each opponent discards a card and loses 2 life.
SVar:DBLoseLifeDiscard:DB$ LoseLife | Defined$ Opponent | LifeAmount$ 2
A:AB$ GainControl | Cost$ SubCounter<3/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | ValidTgts$ Creature | LoseControl$ EOT | Untap$ True | AddKWs$ Haste | SubAbility$ DBDelTrig | SpellDescription$ Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn.
SVar:DBDelTrig:DB$ DelayedTrigger | Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | RememberObjects$ Targeted | Execute$ DBSacIfCheap | TriggerDescription$ Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step if it has converted mana cost 3 or less.
SVar:DBSacIfCheap:DB$ SacrificeAll | Defined$ DelayTriggerRemembered.cmcLE3
A:AB$ RepeatEach | Cost$ 0 | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | RepeatPlayers$ Opponent | RepeatSubAbility$ DBLoseLife | SpellDescription$ Each opponent loses life equal to the number of cards in his or her graveyard.
SVar:DBLoseLife:DB$ LoseLife | Defined$ Player.IsRemembered | LifeAmount$ X | References$ X
SVar:X:Count$ValidGraveyard Card.RememberedPlayerCtrl
Oracle:[+1]: Each opponent discards a card and loses 2 life.\n[-3]: Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step if it has converted mana cost 3 or less.\n[-8]: Each opponent loses life equal to the number of cards in his or her graveyard.
Loyalty:4
schnautzr

Postby schnautzr » 09 Jan 2018, 02:52

Figured out the problem, but not the solution. If 8 counters are removed and Angrath dies, then the life loss doesn't happen since he's changed zones. If 9 or more are there, it works perfectly.
schnautzr

Postby austinio7116 » 09 Jan 2018, 06:09

Marek has implemented Angrath on his fork - does his implementation work - I've not had time to try it yet:
| Open
Name:Angrath, the Flame-Chained
ManaCost:3 B R
Types:Legendary Planeswalker Angrath
Loyalty:4
A:AB$ Discard | Cost$ AddCounter<1/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Defined$ Player.Opponent | NumCards$ 1 | Mode$ TgtChoose | SubAbility$ DBLoseLife | SpellDescription$ Each opponent discards a card and you draw a card.
SVar:DBLoseLife:DB$ LoseLife | LifeAmount$ 2 | Defined$ Player.Opponent
A:AB$ GainControl | Cost$ SubCounter<3/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature | LoseControl$ EOT | Untap$ True | AddKWs$ Haste | SubAbility$ DelTrig | SpellDescription$ Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step if it has converted mana cost 3 or less.
SVar:DelTrig:DB$ DelayedTrigger | Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | ValidPlayer$ Player | Execute$ TrigSac | RememberObjects$ Targeted | TriggerDescription$ Destroy blocking creature at end of combat.
SVar:TrigSac:DB$ Sacrifice | SacValid$ Card.IsRemembered+cmcLE3
A:AB$ RepeatEach | Cost$ SubCounter<8/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | RepeatPlayers$ Player.Opponent | RepeatSubAbility$ DBLoseLife2
SVar:DBLoseLife2:DB$ LoseLife | Defined$ Player.IsRemembered | LifeAmount$ X | References$ X | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
SVar:X:Count$ValidGraveyard Card.RememberedPlayerCtrl
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/angrath_the_flame_chained.jpg
Oracle:[+1]: Each opponent discards a card and loses 2 life.\n[-3]: Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step if it has converted mana cost 3 or less.\n[-8]: Each opponent loses life equal to the number of cards in his or her graveyard.

I updated his script to fix the DBLoseLife2 reference
austinio7116

Postby austinio7116 » 09 Jan 2018, 06:21

In case anyone wants to see what cards are already scripted - be sure to check Marek's fork:

https://git.cardforge.org/Marek14/forge ... r/upcoming

and now Marek has created a merge request to the master:

https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... equests/59
austinio7116

Postby Agetian » 09 Jan 2018, 07:43

I'm requesting a back-merge of some of my fixes and updates to Marek's branch. Marek, please take a look and accept if you agree. Feel free to improve if needed, too.

I couldn't get these two cards to work, someone else needs to help:

Protean Raider - ETBs as a copy no matter the raid condition, and moreover, will ask again and again repeatedly if you bail on choosing the creature, until you finally choose something.
Journey to Eternity - smashes the stack when the creature dies, causing a crash.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 09 Jan 2018, 07:51

Agetian wrote:I'm requesting a back-merge of some of my fixes and updates to Marek's branch. Marek, please take a look and accept if you agree. Feel free to improve if needed, too.
I'm not sure what exactly I should do... but I should probably abandon that branch anyway and fokr a new one from core-developers, right?
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 09 Jan 2018, 07:56

Umm not yet, at least until we've resolved this one, I think... I'm not exactly a Git expert either (more like a beginner, lol), but I'm pretty sure if you just kill the branch right now it'll only complicate matters since I'm now working on the fixes :/ Can you go to your fork (on the website), into Merge Requests, and look at my request? (you can then click "Merge" if you agree, I think).

Btw, another problem I can't solve:
Profane Procession - does not transform (at all) under the required condition.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 09 Jan 2018, 08:01

Agetian wrote:Umm not yet, at least until we've resolved this one, I think... I'm not exactly a Git expert either (more like a beginner, lol), but I'm pretty sure if you just kill the branch right now it'll only complicate matters since I'm now working on the fixes :/ Can you go to your fork (on the website), into Merge Requests, and look at my request? (you can then click "Merge" if you agree, I think).

Btw, another problem I can't solve:
Profane Procession - does not transform (at all) under the required condition.

- Agetian
Maybe it's because I used "Exiled with source", but I don't actually know much about how that works?
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 09 Jan 2018, 08:08

Hmm, I also figured out why Journey to Eternity overflows the stack (there's a superfluous SubAbility$ DBChangeZone on DBChangeZone itself, which causes an infinite reentry), but even with that fixed, the card still acts up - it transforms and all, but I can't activate any of its abilities :/ Definitely need help with this one as well.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby swordshine » 09 Jan 2018, 09:27

Agetian wrote:Hmm, I also figured out why Journey to Eternity overflows the stack (there's a superfluous SubAbility$ DBChangeZone on DBChangeZone itself, which causes an infinite reentry), but even with that fixed, the card still acts up - it transforms and all, but I can't activate any of its abilities :/ Definitely need help with this one as well.

- Agetian
This has been a weird issue in ChangeZoneEffect. If the source card flickers itself, we need to remember it first. Examples include those double-faced planeswalkers.
Here's the modified code for Journey to Eternity, please test it.
Code: Select all
Name:Journey to Eternity
ManaCost:1 B G
Types:Legendary Enchantment Aura
K:Enchant creature you control
A:SP$ Attach | Cost$ 1 B G | ValidTgts$ Creature.YouCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature you control | AILogic$ Pump
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | ValidCard$ Card.EnchantedBy | Execute$ TrigChangeZone | TriggerDescription$ When enchanted creature dies, return it to the battlefield under your control, then return CARDNAME to the battlefield transformed under your control.
SVar:TrigChangeZone:DB$ ChangeZone | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Battlefield | Defined$ TriggeredCard | GainControl$ True | SubAbility$ DBRemember
SVar:DBRemember:DB$ Pump | RememberObjects$ Self | SubAbility$ DBChangeZone
SVar:DBChangeZone:DB$ ChangeZone | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Battlefield | Defined$ Remembered | GainControl$ True | Transformed$ True | SubAbility$ DBCleanup
SVar:DBCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered $ True
AlternateMode:DoubleFaced
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/journey_to_eternity.jpg
Oracle:Enchant creature you control\nWhen enchanted creature dies, return it to the battlefield under your control, then return Journey to Eternity to the battlefield transformed under your control.

ALTERNATE

Name:Atzal, Cave of Eternity
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Legendary Land
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T | Produced$ Any | Amount$ 1 | SpellDescription$ Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
A:AB$ ChangeZone | Cost$ 3 B G T | Origin$ Graveyard | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidTgts$ Creature.YouCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Choose target creature card in your graveyard | SpellDescription$ Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/atzal_cave_of_eternity.jpg
Oracle:(Transforms from Journey to Eternity.)\n{T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.\n{3}{B}{G}, {T}: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Last edited by swordshine on 09 Jan 2018, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
swordshine

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner