Re: Rivals of Ixalan Spoiler Season

Postby austinio7116 » 04 Jan 2018, 20:59

ravenous_chupacabra.txt | Open
Code: Select all
Name:Ravenous Chupacabra
ManaCost:2 B B
Types:Creature Beast Horror
PT:2/2
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigDestroy | TriggerDescription$ When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, destroy target creature an opponent controls.
SVar:TrigDestroy:DB$Destroy | ValidTgts$ Creature.OppCtrl | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature an opponent controls.
SVar:PlayMain1:TRUE
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/ravenous_chupacabra.jpg
Oracle:When Ravenous Chupacabra enters the battlefield, destroy target creature an opponent controls.
Minor correction required - TgtPrompt references non-Gorgon - fixed above
austinio7116

Postby friarsol » 04 Jan 2018, 21:58

ShivaFang wrote:I kinda preferred the old way where I could copy the scripts as soon as people posted them, without having to wait for the 'official' update.
The problem with this way is that it still took a lot of manual effort for the development team to collate and commit cards. Now anyone is able to attempt to merge cards, and anyone can eyeball them and reject or approve without needing to be at their codebase.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby ShivaFang » 05 Jan 2018, 00:21

austinio7116 wrote:Git takes a bit of getting used to, but once you are comfortable with it it is just as easy as SVN but more powerful. In IntelliJ, I use the drop down branch menu in the bottom right to switch or create branches, it tells you which branch you are on there too. Then I just use the commit/update menu options in the VCS menu. Hopefully you changes are not lost if you check branches (and perhaps the IntelliJ local history too). There are many ways to do these things though and I too am more familiar with SVN.
I saw that, but it wasn't working either. I see that I had Local Branches and Remote Branches - and I had figured out that the remote branches were the ones that should have pointed to the full project.

Doesn't matter - I figured it out. I downloaded SourceTree and made sure I pointed to the full project (which I now know is called the 'upstream') when I submitted a pull request so all is good.
The problem with this way is that it still took a lot of manual effort for the development team to collate and commit cards. Now anyone is able to attempt to merge cards, and anyone can eyeball them and reject or approve without needing to be at their codebase.
Oh I get that - and now that I have it working I can see how this streamlines your process (I like seeing all the branches and updates in the history - one of the things about git that appealed to me when I looked at it before when I was working with a parner on a game for Ludum Dare)

I was just railing because I resist change and when I have something working well for me that suddenly doesn't - I get a bit testy =Z. Sorry for that.
ShivaFang

Postby Marek14 » 05 Jan 2018, 06:36

I will try to code some cards, but since the full spoiler is probably going up today, I'm going to wait for it :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 05 Jan 2018, 10:46

Marek14 wrote:I will try to code some cards, but since the full spoiler is probably going up today, I'm going to wait for it :)
Very nice! Best of luck, Marek, glad to have you on board for the spoiler season, as always! :)
Feel free to experiment with our new Git system, you should be able to submit cards directly to Git now (your own fork, then request merge with the master branch) without needing any special commit permissions like on the old SVN system.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby austinio7116 » 05 Jan 2018, 17:54

Marek14 wrote:I will try to code some cards, but since the full spoiler is probably going up today, I'm going to wait for it :)
Looks like we're on..

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... -of-ixalan
austinio7116

Postby Marek14 » 05 Jan 2018, 18:57

Started, working on white cards...

EDIT: Not sure if I will find more time today; added 9 cards so far: Baffling End, Bishop of Binding, Blazing Hope, Cleansing Ray, Everdawn Champion, Exultant Skymarcher, Famished Paladin, Forerunner of the Legion and Imperial Ceratops.
Marek14
Tester

Postby austinio7116 » 05 Jan 2018, 19:46

torridus wrote:Some of today's official spoilers. All are untested, but they're pretty basic on the code level, so I don't imagine any issues will crop up.
I'll upload these to git and generate a merge request

Edit: Merge request submitted for these 4 posted above by torridus.
austinio7116

Postby Marek14 » 05 Jan 2018, 23:35

I corrected a bunch of cards that interact with their copies -- some of them used "CARDNAME" in construction "cards named XXX", which is incorrect. Probably doesn't matter for spells, but does for creatures -- Sakashima the Impostor copying Squadron Hawk should still display that he will search for cards named "Squadron Hawk" even if it's not HIS name.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 06 Jan 2018, 06:00

Marek14 wrote:I corrected a bunch of cards that interact with their copies -- some of them used "CARDNAME" in construction "cards named XXX", which is incorrect. Probably doesn't matter for spells, but does for creatures -- Sakashima the Impostor copying Squadron Hawk should still display that he will search for cards named "Squadron Hawk" even if it's not HIS name.
Hmm, it looks like you're requesting to merge it all with Swordshine's fork instead of with the master branch... You should request a merge with "core-developers/master" ;) (specifically, with this repo: https://git.cardforge.org/core-developers/forge )

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 06 Jan 2018, 06:16

ah, sorry. I'm still learning to work with that system.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 06 Jan 2018, 06:19

Marek14 wrote:ah, sorry. I'm still learning to work with that system.
Hehe, no worries - me too, actually :) Feel free to ask questions if you have any issues (here or on our Discord) - we're also still kinda working out the kinks and learning to use the system to maximum efficiency :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 06 Jan 2018, 06:53

Btw, it looks like there's no way for me to retarget or at least "import" your merge request to core-developers, so feel free to submit a new merge request (to core master) when you have some time (with those cards you already made and fixed).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 06 Jan 2018, 07:01

ok, I'm working on more atm.

How are we with Ascend mechanic? This mechanic is weird that it works as a normal keyword on permanents, but more like a keyword action on spells, so I guess we need:

1. Ascend keyword for permanents, which will constantly update and give you city's blessing when you gave 10 or more permanents. If you have city's blessing, this keyword won't do anything anymore.

2. Ascend ability type, which will perform a one-time check.

3. Condition to check if a player has city's blessing.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 06 Jan 2018, 07:11

Ascend - Hanmac said he's working on it and it should be ready this weekend (unless plans change for some reason)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner