It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:21

Text Size

Rivals of Ixalan Spoiler Season

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Rivals of Ixalan Spoiler Season

Postby swordshine » 09 Jan 2018, 10:01

Agetian wrote:Btw, another problem I can't solve:
Profane Procession - does not transform (at all) under the required condition.

- Agetian
"AlternateMode:DoubleFaced" is missing in the script.
When "ConditionPresent" is used and "ConditionDefined" is not contained in the script, the default defined cards are all the cards on the battlefield. For Profane Procession, we need to define the remembered cards.
Code: Select all
SVar:DBTransform:DB$ SetState | ConditionDefined$ Remembered | ConditionPresent$ Card.ExiledWithSource | ConditionCompare$ GE3 | Defined$ Self | Mode$ Transform
AlternateMode:DoubleFaced
swordshine

Postby swordshine » 09 Jan 2018, 10:34

Creating etbreplacement from the etb keyword does not work for Protean Raider.
Name:Protean Raider
ManaCost:1 U R
Types:Creature Shapeshifter Pirate
PT:2/2
R:Event$ Moved | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Optional$ True | ReplaceWith$ ChooseCreature | CheckSVar$ RaidTest | References$ RaidTest | Description$ Raid — If you attacked with a creature this turn, you may have CARDNAME enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield.
SVar:ChooseCreature:DB$ ChooseCard | Defined$ You | Amount$ 1 | Choices$ Creature.Other | SubAbility$ DBCopy | AILogic$ Clone
SVar:DBCopy:DB$ Clone | Defined$ ChosenCard | SubAbility$ DBChangeZone
SVar:DBChangeZone:DB$ ChangeZone | Hidden$ True | Origin$ All | Destination$ Battlefield | Defined$ ReplacedCard
SVar:RaidTest:Count$AttackersDeclared
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/protean_raider.jpg
Oracle:Raid — If you attacked with a creature this turn, you may have Protean Raider enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield.

swordshine

Postby Marek14 » 09 Jan 2018, 11:00

So, ascend -- I see Tendershoot Dryad, so I wanted to ask if the following are legit:

Activation restriction (also needed for Orazca Relic and Timestream Navigator):
Name:Arch of Orazca
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Land
K:Ascend
A:AB$ Mana | Cost$ T | Produced$ C | SpellDescription$ Add {C} to your mana pool.
A:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 5 T | NumCards$ 1 | Condition$ Blessing | SpellDescription$ Draw a card.
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/arch_of_orazca.jpg
Oracle:Ascend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city's blessing for the rest of the game.)\n{T}: Add {C} to your mana pool.\n{5}, {T}: Draw a card. Activate this ability only if you have the city's blessing.
(What is the reason for IsPresent$ Card.Self in Tendershoot Dryad code?)

"Intervening if" condition on a trigger (also necessary for Mausoleum Harpy, Resplendent Griffin and Twilight Prophet):
Name:Deadeye Brawler
ManaCost:2 U B
Types:Creature Human Pirate
PT:2/4
K:Deathtouch
K:Ascend
T:Mode$ DamageDone | ValidSource$ Card.Self | ValidTarget$ Player | CombatDamage$ True | Execute$ TrigDraw | Condition$ Blessing | TriggerDescription$ Whenever CARDNAME deals combat damage to a player, if you have the city's blessing, draw a card.
SVar:TrigDraw:DB$Draw | NumCards$ 1
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/deadeye_brawler.jpg
Oracle:Deathtouch\nAscend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city's blessing for the rest of the game.)\nWhenever Deadeye Brawler deals combat damage to a player, if you have the city's blessing, draw a card.
I'm also not sure how to do cards which have two different effects based on presence or absence of city's blessing -- what's the condition for absence? This is needed for Golden Demise, Kumena's Awakening, Pride of Conquerors, Secret of the Golden City, Vona's Hunger and Wayward Swordtooth.

Finally, how to do ascend on spells? It works differently than on permanents, I think we need something like ability type AscendCheck for one-shot Ascend effect, and all the spells would have that as their main effect and then subabilities for their other effects. Ascend spells are Expel from Orazca, Golden Demise, Pride of Conquerors, Secrets of the Golden City and Vona's Hunger.

Tilonalli's Summoner is a special case, as there's usually a parameter to exile tokens at EOT, but I guess here a full-blown delayed trigger would have to be created manually?

Cards with static condition that I could do by straight copying Tendershoot Dryad (if I understand why there's that IsPresent$) are Dusk Charger, Radiant Destiny, Skymarcher Aspirant, Slippery Scoundrel, Snubhorn Sentry, Spire Winder and Storm Fleet Swashbuckler.
Marek14
Tester

Postby swordshine » 09 Jan 2018, 11:17

So, ascend -- I see Tendershoot Dryad, so I wanted to ask if the following are legit:
Activation restriction (also needed for Orazca Relic and Timestream Navigator)
The activation restriction for Arch of Orazca:
A:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 5 T | NumCards$ 1 | Activation$ Blessing | SpellDescription$ Draw a card.
swordshine

Postby Agetian » 09 Jan 2018, 13:52

@ Swordshine: Thanks a lot for your help with the scripts! That's really helpful! :)

@ Marek: Ascend on non-permanent spells is not yet possible, but Hanmac said he's planning to work on it in the next few days.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 09 Jan 2018, 14:00

Ok, I integrated Marek's branch upstream.
Now it should be possible for Marek to remove the previous fork and make a new one from core-developers :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 09 Jan 2018, 14:12

Agetian wrote:Ok, I integrated Marek's branch upstream.
Now it should be possible for Marek to remove the previous fork and make a new one from core-developers :)

- Agetian
Hm, can't find how to do that...
Marek14
Tester

Postby Agetian » 09 Jan 2018, 14:28

Umm, you can probably start a new fork first (make sure it's from this location: https://git.cardforge.org/core-developers/forge ) And then just make sure you work with it in your Git setup (on your PC).

I'm actually not sure as well how it's possible to delete a remote fork (your previous one), hopefully someone else with more knowledge about the subject matter will join in to help...

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 09 Jan 2018, 16:34

@swordshine I think Sphinx's Decree might not work that way

Need to check them in multiplayer
It also only need to effect them on THEIR TURN i think CantCast has a Flag for that
Hanmac

Postby swordshine » 09 Jan 2018, 16:54

In my script, Gamecommands add an effect at the untap step of each opponent's turn. The Controlplayer effect used the similar strategy.
swordshine

Postby Agetian » 10 Jan 2018, 06:35

Hanmac has integrated Ascend for non-permanent spells. You can take a look at Secrets of the Golden City for reference script implementation.

Link to Git commit:
https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... d57b6e725b

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Hanmac » 10 Jan 2018, 06:36

Ascend works now for non-perm Spells
tested with Secrets of the Golden City

(curse you Arg! XD)
Hanmac

Postby austinio7116 » 10 Jan 2018, 09:05

@Marek - let us know if you have any time to work on the remaining Ascend spells - if not I'll try to fit in some scripting perhaps this evening.
austinio7116

Postby Marek14 » 10 Jan 2018, 09:26

OK, I'll try what I can.

First problem I ran into is Timestream Navigator -- it seems that it's the first card that puts itself into library as an activation cost. Do we have a cost for that?
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 10 Jan 2018, 09:54

@Marek14: cost looks new will add After work
Hanmac

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner