It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:27

Text Size

multi-card dig

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

multi-card dig

Postby pfps » 19 Jan 2019, 13:18

Right now all digs are done as a series of one-card selects from the library.

This is probably done for and/or digs (select a creature and/or a land) because the valid cards change once the first card is selected.

I propose augmenting player selection to allow for selecting up to one card from each of several lists of cards. This would allow for an and/or dig to be done in one call to player selection, and have the UI code determine how to present the choices to a human player.

This does however probably change the way that an AI player sees an and/or dig. (I suppose that the old interface could be simulated, but a different interface would be easier.) Instead of two one-card choices, first for everything and second for the unselected type, a different sequence of choices would be performed, either one complex one or a choice for one type followed by a choice for the other type. I don't think that this would upset the AI too much, but I don't know how the AI works in this area. Does anyone know how much this would affect the AI?
pfps

Return to Developer's Corner