It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:52

Text Size

Adding cards?

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Adding cards?

Postby Hoavu111 » 01 Oct 2019, 08:16

What's the general method for adding cards into the game? Do you just add things into the cards.txt file? And then how do I get the art into the game as well? I don't really know how to code things (my limited java is self taught) but I'm able to fill things into a template easily enough. Thanks in advance?
Hoavu111

Re: Adding cards?

Postby RumbleBBU » 10 Oct 2019, 14:54

Hoavu111 wrote:What's the general method for adding cards into the game? Do you just add things into the cards.txt file? And then how do I get the art into the game as well? I don't really know how to code things (my limited java is self taught) but I'm able to fill things into a template easily enough. Thanks in advance?
Fortunately, you don't need Java to add new cards (unless you also want to add new functionality that the game engine doesn't support yet). Here's a tutorial I wrote a while back. While the specifics may have changed since I wrote it, the fundamentals still apply I believe.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19637
(it probably should be permalinked in a FAQ or something)
RumbleBBU

Return to Developer's Corner