It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:48

Text Size

New to Forge dev, need a bit of help with Maven

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

New to Forge dev, need a bit of help with Maven

Postby Giumbus » 22 Nov 2019, 23:49

Hello,

I got the project compiling and running with both IntelliJ and Eclipse. I'm new to everything (git, maven, java, eclipse and intellij) and I'm confused by the tons of stuff that goes unnoticed under the hood with both eclipse and intellij. I've found Eclipse slow and buggy and removed it. That's also why I'm trying to go with the command line for compiling and running forge.

The page https://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Forg ... ment_Usage was helpful for setting everything up but the Maven commands do not work.

Since the IDE's build system is just a wrapper around Maven (whether its bundled one or mine) I'm expecting to get the build working on the command line. The goal '-U -B clean -P windows-linux install' whether I'm running it against the parent pom.xml or the forge-gui-desktop's one fails with the error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:build-helper-maven-plugin:1.8:released-version (released-version) on project forge-gui-desktop: Execution released-version of goal org.codehaus.mojo:build-helper-maven-plugin:1.8:released-version failed: version can neither be null, empty nor blank -> [Help 1]

Could you please help me get past this error and provide some insight on the error and how to fix it ?

Could you also provide me the exact Maven command the IDE is performing in order to successfully build and indicate how did you find it ?

Also, is there any way I could get a complete Maven build output in the IntelliJ like the output I have on the command line ?

Thanks and regards,
G
Giumbus

Re: New to Forge dev, need a bit of help with Maven

Postby kevlahnota » 23 Nov 2019, 01:46

kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Giumbus » 24 Nov 2019, 16:45

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I already went through that guide when setting up my build and it wasn't helpful to find the answers to any of my questions :-)

Cheers
Giumbus

Postby friarsol » 26 Nov 2019, 14:58

Hey GIumbus,

I'd recommend that you join us on the discord (https://discord.gg/3v9JCVr). These types of issues are kind of annoying to troubleshoot via the forums.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Giumbus » 04 May 2021, 07:29

kevlahnota wrote:Try to read IntelliJ here: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... llij-setup
Hello,

Using the info on the above link I've managed to build and run Forge with IntelliJ but the link is gone now. I've reset my local dev environment hoping for a proper start with updated tools when the many ongoing IRL things allow for it. Would it be possible to find again somewhere all those setup details ?

Thanks and regards,
G
Giumbus

Postby friarsol » 04 May 2021, 16:08

Giumbus wrote:
kevlahnota wrote:Try to read IntelliJ here: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... llij-setup
Hello,

Using the info on the above link I've managed to build and run Forge with IntelliJ but the link is gone now. I've reset my local dev environment hoping for a proper start with updated tools when the many ongoing IRL things allow for it. Would it be possible to find again somewhere all those setup details ?

Thanks and regards,
G
Looks like it moved here: https://git.cardforge.org/core-develope ... llij-setup

Once again, please join the Discord, much easier to ask questions there.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Giumbus » 05 May 2021, 14:07

Thank you,

I've got it building and running again. I'll try to get into Discord too but I usually try to figure out things by myself before asking others.

Cheers
Giumbus

Postby friarsol » 05 May 2021, 15:36

Giumbus wrote:Thank you,

I've got it building and running again. I'll try to get into Discord too but I usually try to figure out things by myself before asking others.

Cheers
Sure I just meant that we don't check the forums that much these days, but there's a bunch of people on the discord. So when you do need help, it'll be faster turnaround time.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Return to Developer's Corner