It is currently 05 May 2024, 04:12

Text Size

Pictures and Rarity as SVars and Conversion Scripts

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Pictures and Rarity as SVars and Conversion Scripts

Postby Chris H. » 17 Aug 2010, 15:19

Chris H. wrote:I might be able to set the computer up to download LQ pics over night while I sleep. The HQ pics are a different matter.
`
I had an idea for a quick test. I removed the jpg pics for the 13 planeswalkers and then had forge download all 13 pics. It worked. The newCard appears not to cause problems with downloading pics via the SVar.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby juzamjedi » 19 Aug 2010, 13:49

Hi,

I just wanted to throw my hat into the ring and ask what I could do to help maintain draft rarities. I've already been working to update the draft cube anyway for some things that didn't work out like I had hoped. I really don't want to go back to drafting all cards in Forge when I draft so if there is a way to support this please let me know what you need from me.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 19 Aug 2010, 17:20

I was considering releasing another beta this weekend. It would be nice if someone could run the migratedCardsScript.py script as this would update the pic urls and the rarities.

I think that Sol was going on vacation for a few weeks. Does anyone have python on their computer. I do, but my slow speed modem dial up connection is not up to the task.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby friarsol » 19 Aug 2010, 17:28

I can run it right now, but won't be able to do it after that. Committing now. Someone will need to find a picture for Dark Offering
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 19 Aug 2010, 18:52

friarisol wrote:I can run it right now, but won't be able to do it after that. Committing now. Someone will need to find a picture for Dark Offering
`
Thank you. I noticed the Dark Offering situation, I think that this is a portal card and as such is not available using the standard wotc url. I will see if I can add in a magic card market url by hand.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 20 Aug 2010, 14:06

Juzam - For the time-being, I will revert the draft booster pack code to use the rarity.txt files, so that Chris can release the beta without losing that part of the functionality. Meanwhile, sealed, random deck and quest mode will use the rarity coming from cards.txt.

Originally, I was thinking of adding an SVar for DraftRarity, but it may (probably) become difficult to maintain. At some point I think the solution will be to provide a preferences option that would "import" draft rarities from a single external file.

Just post your updated draft data.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 20 Aug 2010, 16:06

Rob Cashwalker wrote:Juzam - For the time-being, I will revert the draft booster pack code to use the rarity.txt files, so that Chris can release the beta without losing that part of the functionality. Meanwhile, sealed, random deck and quest mode will use the rarity coming from cards.txt.

Originally, I was thinking of adding an SVar for DraftRarity, but it may (probably) become difficult to maintain. At some point I think the solution will be to provide a preferences option that would "import" draft rarities from a single external file.

Just post your updated draft data.
`
#-o :mrgreen:

I will try to upload a revised jar file for the 08-20-2010 beta release later today or tomorrow.

The best laid plans of mice and men
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 20 Aug 2010, 16:43

If I had logged in last night instead of going to sleep... this wouldn't have happened... oh well.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner