It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:31

Text Size

Help to create this card to play TYPE 4 format using Forge!

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Help to create this card to play TYPE 4 format using Forge!

Postby etphonehome » 27 Apr 2021, 16:37

Hello

I recently discovered SPAT or Type 4 format while playing Manalink and i'm having a lot of fun playing it using my custom decks. I also use to play Forge but it doesn't have this format. By creating thuis card i think its possible to emulate this kind of format.

Any genious can help me create this card so i can test it, please.

THX
Attachments
Type 4 Format.png
etphonehome

Re: Help to create this card to play TYPE 4 format using For

Postby amuseum » 27 Apr 2022, 04:44

I had similar ideas for game-altering rules. This could also facilitate creating new formats.

My idea is a completely new card type -- called Paradigm. Paradigms are created like any other cards. You can script them likewise.

At the beginning of a game, Paradigms are put in the command zone. Thus they take effect throughout the entire game. Players can view the cards to read their effects.

For example, in your case, when a player starts a game in Type 4 format, you tell the game to start with a Paradigm with Type 4 rules and effects. Unfortunately, I predict that infinite mana will be problematic for the AI. It won't know when to stop.

For now, I created three Paradigms. Their names are listed in a file called Paradigms.txt. All paradigms listed therein are enabled. However, this is global, for all games. Ideally, there would be more granular control of which paradigms to enable and disable.
amuseum

Return to Developer's Corner