It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 05:32

Text Size

AI Evolution

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: AI Evolution

Postby alexAG76 » 18 Jun 2011, 02:03

Hellfish wrote:Bang indeed. I for one am very interested in seeing what your work turns into,at the least as a patch on pastebin. Looks promising!
#-o The patch (diff -u) output is already too big for one paste on pastebin! I'll try attaching it here.
Attachments
diffs_2011-06-10.1435_UTC_through_2011-06-18.0200_UTC.txt.gz
Patches of files I've changed; not all files are present.
(171.92 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
alexAG76
Programmer

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 18 Jun 2011, 14:40

To clone the game-state, I'm using a slow (but small!) implementation involving Serializable. I had to add "implements java.io.Serializable" clauses to several classes along with serialVersionUIDs.
Figures... we had been trying to reduce the usage of Serializable....

It seems like most of those changes aren't going to impact anything significant.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby alexAG76 » 18 Jun 2011, 19:06

Rob Cashwalker wrote:... Figures[.] we had been trying to reduce the usage of Serializable[.]
Thank you, I now feel that communicating my changes has some value. I only added Serializable where it was necessary.
Rob Cashwalker wrote:It seems like most of those changes aren't going to impact anything significant.
I'm surprised and pleased by this statement. While the code changes are widespread, most of them are a result of automated refactoring, especially concerning AllZone's members. I'm not trying to rewrite Forge!
alexAG76
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 18 Jun 2011, 19:45

alexAG76 wrote: I'm not trying to rewrite Forge!
I don't think any of us are worried about that. I've tried pretty hard since I joined the project last summer to rewrite certain areas, but some of the parts are bit too heavy and important to rewrite without breaking everything in sight. Since this is something I do for fun, there's only so much time I'm willing to put up with a broken build before deciding other things need to be handled before this can be.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Jaedayr » 14 Sep 2011, 20:22

I am not sure where to put this post, so please move it to an appropriate place if needed. From time to time I run across things that the AI does that are not good for it. I know there is a thread for attacking/blocking observations but this doesn't fall into that category.

The AI will cast Overbeing of Myth when it is the only remaining card in it's hand. Is there a way to have it hang on to it until it has at least one more card? There may be other cards with this effect but I notice this one from time to time.
Jaedayr
Tester

Postby Iran » 29 Oct 2011, 03:48

If the issues are solved with AI (Computer), we can have cards like Kruin Outlaw / Terror of Kruin Pass , Caterwauling Boggart, Stormblood Berserker, Two-Headed Sliver, Palace Guard, Valor Made Real and Yare in forge.

thanks
Iran

Postby friarsol » 29 Oct 2011, 12:13

Iran wrote:If the issues are solved with AI (Computer), we can have cards like Kruin Outlaw / Terror of Kruin Pass , Caterwauling Boggart, Stormblood Berserker, Two-Headed Sliver, Palace Guard, Valor Made Real and Yare in forge.

thanks
Iran, we'll add the feature request for multiple blocking structure, but I don't know if anyone will get around to it soon. Please stop requesting it in every thread.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Iran » 29 Oct 2011, 22:43

friarsol wrote:
Iran wrote:If the issues are solved with AI (Computer), we can have cards like Kruin Outlaw / Terror of Kruin Pass , Caterwauling Boggart, Stormblood Berserker, Two-Headed Sliver, Palace Guard, Valor Made Real and Yare in forge.

thanks
Iran, we'll add the feature request for multiple blocking structure, but I don't know if anyone will get around to it soon. Please stop requesting it in every thread.
Sorry to insist, It was not my intention to upset anyone.
Iran

Postby rhythmicgaming » 12 Oct 2019, 17:35

ive been working on quite a lot recently in this regard, please contact me for my code files and schematic it wont let me post the github here because im new to the site
rhythmicgaming

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner