It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:56

Text Size

Developing Bugs

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Developing Bugs

Postby friarsol » 17 May 2015, 16:38

Agetian wrote:So, what do you think? Should we revert everything until all these issues can be properly addressed?.. I kind of like the idea of having those characters in but in the current implementation, even with all my changes, in certain cases it may be too much trouble for a minor benefit... :/
Yea we intentionally didn't have these due to the complications it would cause in these circumstances. Maybe the "best" way is to add a "Display name", with accents, for these cards instead of changing their official Forge name. This would allow them to be displayed in the correct manner, but still allow the unaccented characters to be searched for with Deck Editors and loading decks.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby elcnesh » 17 May 2015, 16:39

Ok, let's revert. I'll see if I can tackle these things maybe with a more common approach for name checking, but this is just not worth it. Can you revert your parts, since those are the most recent? Then afterwards I can revert mine (or you can also do those if you want).
elcnesh

Postby Agetian » 17 May 2015, 16:45

Ok, I reverted all the changes (including yours) for now until this can be figured out - feel free to locally revert my revert and experiment with it further. Sol's suggestion above sounds interesting too. :)

P.S. It was a rather big revert, please check that everything is OK now and that nothing got reverted wrongly or inadvertently...

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby elcnesh » 18 May 2015, 07:35

I think it's fine :)

I've just fixed the previous issue with card viewing. Turns out I left a bit of code unfinished, oops :P But now it should work properly, both in the picture and in the zoomer.
elcnesh

Postby drdev » 18 May 2015, 17:34

elcnesh wrote:I think it's fine :)

I've just fixed the previous issue with card viewing. Turns out I left a bit of code unfinished, oops :P But now it should work properly, both in the picture and in the zoomer.
Did you update the mobile zoomer too?
drdev
Programmer

Postby elcnesh » 18 May 2015, 18:47

Uhm nope... Does it have the same problem?
elcnesh

Postby elcnesh » 29 May 2015, 13:40

Hey everyone!
I've been rather inactive the past few week(s), mostly because my work is very busy at the moment (something to do with the LHC restart :P). I know my last few commits have been quite buggy, and I want to apologise for that – I just haven't had the time to test things well enough, with only a few minutes on the train each day to dedicate to Forge. I'm afraid I'll have to pull back a bit, although there's some areas I can still work in, like code cleanup and documentation, which don't require too much testing. I think I'll move to that for now. It's not a matter of evading bugs I've (recently) introduced, but really just not having the time to properly fix them. I'll definitely still be available for contact of course :)

elcnesh
PS: I know it may seem a bit silly to apologise on an open source project, but I do feel bad about bugs I introduced and didn't fix...
elcnesh

Postby Agetian » 29 May 2015, 15:12

@ elcnesh: Don't worry, we all have our moments of downtime here! I haven't seen any true showstopper bugs related to your commits, some are just UI nuisances and oddities, but nothing major or blocking, really, so don't feel bad about them and feel free to get back to them as you have time. ;) I'll try to take a look in the meantime as well, though things are a bit complicated by the fact that I don't have a very good idea where to start looking for some of them, so... :D Anyhoo, good luck with your current project(s)!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 29 May 2015, 17:09

New bug tracker is live at http://bugs.cardforge.link/. You should be able to sign up there and I can grant permissions as need be.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 29 May 2015, 17:17

If we're going to migrate all these things over to the new server can we make sure everything that references the old stuff is updated (like the bug reporter, and the wiki, etc?)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 29 May 2015, 17:19

friarsol wrote:If we're going to migrate all these things over to the new server can we make sure everything that references the old stuff is updated (like the bug reporter, and the wiki, etc?)
I'll be hunting down things like this and changing references soon. This weekend's project is to move all the supplemental downloads over and make those changes in Forge itself.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 29 May 2015, 17:30

I registered as Agetian, please elevate my permissions if possible. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 29 May 2015, 17:34

Agetian wrote:I registered as Agetian, please elevate my permissions if possible. :)

- Agetian
Already done! Sol, I've upgraded your permissions as well.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 29 May 2015, 17:47

Thanks, Krazy! Will I need to re-report the issues there or is it possible to somehow migrate the reports over?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 29 May 2015, 17:53

Agetian wrote:Thanks, Krazy! Will I need to re-report the issues there or is it possible to somehow migrate the reports over?

- Agetian
It looks like there's a plugin to import/export issues as xml, but would require administrator access to the old server to install. Even then I'm not sure how compatible it'd be. We'd have to export and try importing to find out.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner