It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:16

Text Size

The SVN, nightly builds and biweekly betas

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: The SVN, nightly builds and biweekly betas

Postby jendave » 16 Aug 2011, 19:20

Thanks Chris. At least we narrowed the problem slightly :-). I see the archives at
http://cardforge.org/releases/snapshots/forge/forge/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/

It seems like the global settings are messed up in Eclipse. I will see if I can see where it is most likely occurring. For the meantime, use your script to do the final uploads.

Dave
jendave

Postby Chris H. » 16 Aug 2011, 20:36

jendave wrote:Thanks Chris. At least we narrowed the problem slightly :-). I see the archives at

It seems like the global settings are messed up in Eclipse. I will see if I can see where it is most likely occurring. For the meantime, use your script to do the final uploads.
`
Hmm, I must be missing something, I tried the following urls and was not able to download an archive.

http://cardforge.org/releases/snapshots/forge/forge/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/forge-1.1.2-SNAPSHOT-osx.tar.bz2
http://cardforge.org/releases/snapshots/forge/forge/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/forge-1.1.2-SNAPSHOT.tar.bz2

Edit

Oh, I see. Click on your link and a list is provided which we can then click on.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby jendave » 16 Aug 2011, 20:42

Chris H. wrote:
jendave wrote:Thanks Chris. At least we narrowed the problem slightly :-). I see the archives at

`
Hmm, I must be missing something, I tried the following urls and was not able to download an archive.

http://cardforge.org/releases/snapshots/forge/forge/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/forge-1.1.2-SNAPSHOT-osx.tar.bz2
http://cardforge.org/releases/snapshots/forge/forge/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/forge-1.1.2-SNAPSHOT.tar.bz2

Edit

Oh, I see. Click on your link and a list is provided which we can then click on.
Yes. Unfortunately Maven uses timestamps to differentiate snapshot builds. There used to be a way to turn this off, but it has been removed from the latest version of Maven.
jendave

Postby Chris H. » 16 Aug 2011, 20:51

jendave wrote:Yes. Unfortunately Maven uses timestamps to differentiate snapshot builds. There used to be a way to turn this off, but it has been removed from the latest version of Maven.
`
I actually like the way this turned out. Anyone who used Snacko's Scripts can now click on the link and then choose the appropriate archive. I can run the shell script again tomorrow or the next day and it will be obvious that a nightly build was released.

Next beta release will come with an increase in the version number so people would then change the name of the last folder in the URL and that portion of the URL would then change to:

/1.1.3-SNAPSHOT/
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby jendave » 16 Aug 2011, 21:03

Chris H. wrote:
jendave wrote:Yes. Unfortunately Maven uses timestamps to differentiate snapshot builds. There used to be a way to turn this off, but it has been removed from the latest version of Maven.
`
I actually like the way this turned out. Anyone who used Snacko's Scripts can now click on the link and then choose the appropriate archive. I can run the shell script again tomorrow or the next day and it will be obvious that a nightly build was released.

Next beta release will come with an increase in the version number so people would then change the name of the last folder in the URL and that portion of the URL would then change to:

/1.1.3-SNAPSHOT/
Great. I am glad this worked out. I'll still look to see where could that "napshot" typo comes in. I do not see anything obvious from the Maven-Eclipse run configs but I'll keep looking.
jendave

Postby Braids » 16 Aug 2011, 23:08

jendave wrote:Great. I am glad this worked out. I'll still look to see where could that "napshot" typo comes in. I do not see anything obvious from the Maven-Eclipse run configs but I'll keep looking.
i am running (find . -print0 | xargs -0 egrep -i '(^|[^s])napshot') right now. i'll edit this post if i find anything.
"That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen." --Rob Cashwalker, regarding Innistrad double-sided cards. One of the first times he and I have ever agreed on something. ;)
Braids
Programmer

Location: Unknown. Hobby: Driving myself and others to constructive madness.

Postby silly freak » 17 Aug 2011, 04:29

my idea would be some kind of "platform independ-ed" command line arg: the original file contains "/snapshot", which is converted to "\snapshot" by eclipse for the windows platform, which in turn is unescaped as "napshot" by ftp...

well, that's my two cents. don't know if that is reasonable, but maybe it helps...
___

where's the "trust me, that will work!" switch for the compiler?
Laterna Magica - blog, forum, project, 2010/09/06 release!
silly freak
DEVELOPER

Postby jendave » 17 Aug 2011, 15:17

Good news - I am able to replicate the "napshot" problem.
Bad news - it looks like there is a bug in the FTP upload plugin (aka wagon-ftp). I'll file a bug with that dev team.

In the meantime, the official build uploads will have to be done from the command line, not from Eclipse. Thanks Chris for your patience on this.
jendave

Postby Chris H. » 17 Aug 2011, 19:37

jendave wrote:Good news - I am able to replicate the "napshot" problem.
Bad news - it looks like there is a bug in the FTP upload plugin (aka wagon-ftp). I'll file a bug with that dev team.

In the meantime, the official build uploads will have to be done from the command line, not from Eclipse. Thanks Chris for your patience on this.
`
Thank you for the investigation. I can use .command scripts until they fix this issue.

I also have a couple of questions relating to the Bi-Weekly beta releases. I assume that the maven command for the terminal app would be:

Code: Select all
mvn -U -B clean -P osx,windows-linux install release:clean release:prepare release:perform -Dusername=releases@cardforge.org -Dpassword=password
`
If this needs to be changed than I can edit my script. I would like to release a new beta this weekend. Oh, what would be the link to click on for the Bi-Weekly beta release?

I assume that If I click on the correct link then I will see a listing that is somewhat similar to what we see for the Nightly Builds. Such a listing would allow me to right click on the link for a copy and I can then edit and paste this into the beta release message.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby jendave » 17 Aug 2011, 19:44

The mvn command line should be:
mvn -U -B clean -P osx,windows-linux release:clean install site release:prepare release:perform -Dusername=releases@cardforge.org -Dpassword=password
The links to the new packages should be:
http://cardforge.org/releases/releases/forge/forge/1.1.2/forge-1.1.2-osx.tar.bz2
http://cardforge.org/releases/releases/forge/forge/1.1.2/forge-1.1.2.tar.bz2
Last edited by jendave on 18 Aug 2011, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
jendave

Postby Chris H. » 17 Aug 2011, 19:59

Thank you Dave.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 19 Aug 2011, 11:05

I tried to release the next beta today and get an error with the maven command. I am not sure what is causing this credentials problem.

EDIT # 1:

I ran the Nightly Build Maven command successfully, we now have forge-1.1.2-20110819 available.

I will c & p the password from the above script over to the Bi-Weekly Maven command incase I made a mistake of some sort. And I will try again.

EDIT # 1:

Same error as before. I have the two archives in my local target folder, I will upload them to MediaFire at this time. Maybe Dave can help me to figure out what is happening at a later time.

`
Attachments
terminal log.zip
(32.53 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby jendave » 19 Aug 2011, 14:51

Ok. Please send me your settings.xml file, the pom.xml you used and the command file you used. I'll take a look.

Dave
jendave

Postby Chris H. » 19 Aug 2011, 15:15

jendave wrote:Ok. Please send me your settings.xml file, the pom.xml you used and the command file you used. I'll take a look.
`
A pm is on it's way.

I reverted the pom file so I will need to redo the failed build and release. Once this is finished I will pm you the changed pom file so that you can compare the two versions.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby jendave » 19 Aug 2011, 15:28

I think I know what the issue is. You are using svn from the command line (its called from Maven command line). Your SVN creds are not stored unless you have been using it from the command line.

From your Forge checkout working directory type:
svn ls
This will try to list the root directory of the svn repo. If your creds are not set up, it will prompt you for username and password. These creds are for the SVN repo, not the cardforge ftp. You will have to put your username in quotes if your username has a space.
jendave

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner