It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:05

Text Size

Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby Jobexi » 23 Apr 2021, 01:01

Useless Bug Report Warning: See Screenshot.

1.6.40.210423.SNAPSHOTS

I have no idea how it happened, but somehow I have a morph card in my hand. I can't play it, probably because it has no associated mana cost.

I exiled one of two Crude Ramparts in my hand to cast Force of Virtue, and the other Crude Rampart seems to have morphed itself in-hand. Most intriguing.
Attachments
Morph.jpg
Jobexi

Postby btlctl » 11 May 2021, 01:07

On the 1.6.40 release, Ashling the Pilgrim and Soulbright Flamekin (both from Lorwyn) both have an effect that's supposed to trigger the third time one resolves the card's activated ability, but it's not triggering.
btlctl

Postby DIO » 28 May 2021, 02:02

On 1.6.40 Android Mobile AND Backport I have noticed these bugs:
-You can attempt to cast your opponent's cards for them by tapping them from their hand, even though you can't see them. You can peek at the cards this way.
-When you select the option to view decklist, it is always the active player's decklist being displayed, when it should only be your own. You can peek at your opponent's decklist this way.
Those two are problematic for eventual network multiplayer.

During a network match on 1.6.40 with the host being an Android Mobile and a client being a PC Backport:
-Non working audio and visual bugs such as arrows and phase/step indicators not appearing on the PC side. (This is clearly because of the difference between versions because it disappears if you test pc backport -> pc backport)
-After a networked game concludes and a new one starts, the players "switch places" visually on the battlefield and the host is able to see the opponent's hand. The two players appear to be the same team (Team 1) in the lobby with no ability to change. To solve this you must either have both players restart Forge or have the host play and concede a singleplayer game vs the AI. (This is not because of the difference between versions because it's the same for pc backport -> pc backport)
DIO

Postby verdealex79 » 28 May 2021, 12:12

I noticed that sthe sound quality of the sounds played by Forge decreased lately.
I am talking about the duel sounds.
If I play the sounds outside of the game they sound WAY better.
verdealex79

Postby cerealfordinner » 01 Jun 2021, 02:21

DIO wrote:On 1.6.40 Android Mobile AND Backport I have noticed these bugs:
-You can attempt to cast your opponent's cards for them by tapping them from their hand, even though you can't see them. You can peek at the cards this way.
-When you select the option to view decklist, it is always the active player's decklist being displayed, when it should only be your own. You can peek at your opponent's decklist this way.
Those two are problematic for eventual network multiplayer.

During a network match on 1.6.40 with the host being an Android Mobile and a client being a PC Backport:
-Non working audio and visual bugs such as arrows and phase/step indicators not appearing on the PC side. (This is clearly because of the difference between versions because it disappears if you test pc backport -> pc backport)
-After a networked game concludes and a new one starts, the players "switch places" visually on the battlefield and the host is able to see the opponent's hand. The two players appear to be the same team (Team 1) in the lobby with no ability to change. To solve this you must either have both players restart Forge or have the host play and concede a singleplayer game vs the AI. (This is not because of the difference between versions because it's the same for pc backport -> pc backport)
Having the same issue with the sound and phases not showing when using two PCs. the issues only seem to affect the client and not the host.
cerealfordinner

Postby cravenhl2021 » 03 Jun 2021, 01:31

First, Great job on a wonderful program. You guys/gals rock. Ok, so I keep having it crash when I try to get into catalog no matter what way I go. It will not let me save/sent bug report. It say, Skyblade's boon from MH2 can't run and the script is lol so bad it just kills the game and I have to just close it. Tried,
1.reinstall
2.back-up'ed to an older version; even the base program and it still pops up..(makes no sense cause the base program is dated 2018)
3.Went through Every file in game( and phone) and deleted anything that had to do with Skyblade's boon.

Pretty good with computers/phone and even the scripts forge uses.( Much praise for yr work) and I just can't figure it out.

Phone is a OnePlus 8 unlocked of course. No problems in that area.

Thank you again for your hard work. Fell in love with Magic again because of forge.

I can get more screenshots if needed but can't pull report cause it won't make one.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210602-204441.jpg
Screenshot 2
Screenshot_20210602-203426.jpg
Screenshot
cravenhl2021

Postby tjtillman » 15 Jun 2021, 14:07

Been out of the loop for awhile.

Where can I download the latest snapshots?
tjtillman

Postby goonjamin » 15 Jun 2021, 15:39

goonjamin

Postby therecanbeonlyonept » 18 Jun 2021, 19:24

The 1.6.42 update get this (attachment). I don't even run forge.

Help, please.
Attachments
2021-06-18-00.txt
(6.84 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
therecanbeonlyonept

Postby therecanbeonlyonept » 19 Jun 2021, 19:43

Hello again. Problem Solved. Just erased old files a unpacked the newer version.

I was hoping to not delete the decks I created so I was overwriting the old files.

Erasing solved the issue.

Thanks anyway.
therecanbeonlyonept

Postby killkong1211 » 20 Jun 2021, 23:37

Just ran into a bug on Android Snapshot build 1.6.43.210618.

Had Drannith Magistrate on board, had exiled a creature with the MH2 instant Suspend and when the creature came off suspend (mechanic) it was cast successfully.

Magistrate should prevent the suspended creature being cast as part of the suspend (mechanic) resolution.

Tested Suspend (spell) with Teferi , Time Raveler as well and Suspend (spell) worked as intended, preventing the suspend (mechanic) resolving a cast.

So Suspend (spell) is fine, issue appears to be with Drannith Magistrate.
killkong1211

Postby squee1968 » 12 Jul 2021, 14:16

.Instrument of the Bards which was added to forge today has 1 wrong parameter. Needs to be ChangeType$ Creature.cmcEQX. Trigger description needs to be changed as well.
squee1968

Postby Trancy97 » 14 Jul 2021, 04:57

Android build 1.6.42.001.
Casting mindbreak trap or double negative crashes the game.
Trancy97

Postby squee1968 » 23 Jul 2021, 22:04

For some odd reason, Zurzoth, Chaos Rider is triggering when I use Heckling Fiends to make an opponent's creature attack me. Also, Zurzoth's 1st trigger isn't working when I attack with devils.
squee1968

Postby squee1968 » 31 Jul 2021, 10:17

Yesterday's snapshot: Dealing combat damage to AI with Grazilaxx, Illithid Scholar in play.

Code: Select all
java.lang.ClassCastException: forge.game.player.Player cannot be cast to forge.game.card.Card
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerDamageDoneOnce.setTriggeringObjects(TriggerDamageDoneOnce.java:56)
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.runSingleTriggerInternal(TriggerHandler.java:545)
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.runSingleTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:495)
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.runNonStaticTriggersForPlayer(TriggerHandler.java:359)
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.runWaitingTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:325)
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.runTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:260)
   at forge.game.card.CardDamageMap.triggerDamageDoneOnce(CardDamageMap.java:81)
   at forge.game.GameAction.dealDamage(GameAction.java:2218)
   at forge.game.combat.Combat.dealAssignedDamage(Combat.java:870)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.onPhaseBegin(PhaseHandler.java:357)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:1116)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1909)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:102)
   at forge.gamemodes.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:251)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

squee1968

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner