It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:35

Text Size

Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby Agetian » 01 Oct 2017, 06:29

Added some AI for Spires of Orazca.
River Heralds' Boon: couldn't reproduce, it always chooses only its own creatures in my test scenarios :/ Never buffed my Merfolk with it so far.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby stormcat » 02 Oct 2017, 20:39

:r35897
In multiplayer game, when a player who control exchanged permanents by something like Gilded Drake died, their permanents should be returned to owner.
For example, Player1 cast Gilded Drake and exchanged to a creature of Player2, when Player1 died, exchanged creature is return to Player2.
On the other hand, if it have been stolen by something like Bribery, not return.
Rule grounds is CR800.4a.
stormcat

Postby tjtillman » 03 Oct 2017, 10:17

r35881

When Burning Sun's Avatar entered the battlefield and the trigger went on the stack, the spell description didn't show which creature was being targeted.
tjtillman

Postby stormcat » 03 Oct 2017, 21:51

:r35913
When I tapped Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx by second ability, Burning Earth didn't trigger.
stormcat

Postby Bog Wraith » 04 Oct 2017, 19:46

r-35922

When Broodmate Dragon comes into play, a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying should be created. It is not doing so as of now. This bug is for the C17 version and I don't know if this effects the other 2 versions, those being MM3 & ALA respectively.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby stormcat » 04 Oct 2017, 21:19

:r35923
In Tiny Leaders Deck Editor, after anything change the deck, stack overflow error occur when I change tab before save.
stormcat

Postby Agetian » 05 Oct 2017, 03:50

Bog Wraith wrote:r-35922

When Broodmate Dragon comes into play, a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying should be created. It is not doing so as of now. This bug is for the C17 version and I don't know if this effects the other 2 versions, those being MM3 & ALA respectively.
Fixed :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 05 Oct 2017, 03:51

stormcat wrote::r35913
When I tapped Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx by second ability, Burning Earth didn't trigger.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 06 Oct 2017, 00:51

Agetian wrote:

- Agetian
r-35932

I'm still not getting a token made when I play this card.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Agetian » 06 Oct 2017, 03:58

Bog Wraith wrote:
Agetian wrote:

- Agetian
r-35932

I'm still not getting a token made when I play this card.
Well, this doesn't reproduce for me in the mentioned build (screenshot attached), so most likely we're talking about a more complex scenario that just playing Broodmate Dragon. What I'd like you to do is to turn on Developer Mode in the settings and then, right before playing Broodmate Dragon, click "Dump Game State" and save the game state to a text file. Then try playing the card. If it doesn't generate the token for you, please provide that dump for me to take a look at. Thanks! :)

- Agetian
Attachments
broodmate_dragon.jpg
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Oct 2017, 02:25

I always play in Developer Mode & I've done these steps before for other bug reports. I dumped the game state after generating Mana & then cast Broodmate Dragon.

I then purposely finished my turn and waited until the A.I.'s turn before taking my screenshot. I also have the log window open, which I play with selected all the time as well.

As you can see, no token was generated when I played the card and the log doesn't even report that the card was even cast! :?

I'm not a programmer so I hope the dump file can answer your questions as to why I'm not getting the same result that you are when you cast the card.
Attachments
Game State_Broodmate Dragon.jpg
Screen Shot
state.txt
Game State
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Agetian » 07 Oct 2017, 03:34

Hmm, the provided game state doesn't even have Broodmate Dragon anywhere, neither in the hand nor in graveyard nor on the battlefield :/ I have an idea though: if you're adding the card to the battlefield via Dev Mode, then maybe you're using the new "Add Card to Battlefield" feature, which adds the card directly without firing any triggers (so, the token will not and is not meant to be generated if you're using that button) - this is useful when, for example, designing puzzles and thus simply willing to place specific cards on the battlefield without the interference of triggers. If you'd like to add a card to the battlefield *and* make it ETB with all the triggers and stuff, you should use "Cast Spell/Play Land" instead, which will generate the token for the dragon.

If you're legally casting the card from the hand, it will generate the token (just tried one more time from your game state to confirm - added the card to hand and then cast it from there, the token was generated).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Oct 2017, 11:12

That is in fact what I am doing, "Adding the Card to the Battlefield", but I've done this many other times with other cards that created tokens, specifically to test if the token image used was the correct one for the set played when new token images are added when a new set comes out.

I've never come across a situation when I did it this way that the token wasn't created after having cast the card that creates the token, so I guess in those cases, there was no ETB trigger associated with whichever card I was using to test for the token images.

However you state that the token is made when it's cast directly from the hand or using "Cast Spell/Play Land", so it is working under game conditions & I confirm this because it worked for me this way too when I chose to cast it using the "Cast Spell/Play Land" option.

Thanks for clarifying this for me, however I am still a bit confused as to why my original post about this "Bug" was reported fixed by you as I used the same "Add Card to Battlefield" option to cast the card that I assumed was the bug in question. I have to assume, maybe incorrectly, that you indeed found this bug, but not for the original reason that I thought was the cause for it. :?
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Agetian » 07 Oct 2017, 13:00

Ah, there was a minor scripting issue with that card, which may or may not have led to unwanted side effects (such as the token being generated, for example) in various corner cases. I fixed that scripting issue, tested the card in the game after the change and ensured that it works, and reported that whatever issue there may have been should be fixed. :) Glad to hear there most likely was no issue in the first place (though the bad scripting practice being fixed is still a nice thing).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Oct 2017, 13:47

Ok, thanks for the info & again for the correct way to test a card with an ETB token effect when casting it using the above method.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner