It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:02

Text Size

Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby Seravy » 08 Jun 2017, 19:54

As I seem to get more foil rares than expected, i tried looking into it. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about java (except that it's similar to other languages I know), so I only got this far (boostergenerator.java):
"String foilSlot = !hasFoil ? null : foilAtEndOfPack ? BoosterSlots.COMMON : Aggregates.random(template.getSlots()).getKey();"

I assume this means if the pack does not have a foil card (chance seems to be hardcoded at 21.43% unless it's defined otherwise in the edition file) then don't select a slot for a foil card to appear in, if the edition is set to always have the foil in the last slot then put it there, and otherwise, pick a random slot and use that.
At this point my Java knowledge is not enough to continue but I suspect that it maybe weights slots equally per rarity (so 1/3 rare, 1/3 common, 1/3 uncommon), which would explain why I find as many or even more foil rares than commons and uncommons.
If that's not it, then my other guess is it picks one random slot out of 15 but that is way different from my ingame experience (2-3 foil rares per box or draft)

Unless things have changed a lot in those 10 years I wasn't playing MtG, I'm pretty sure there was about 4-6 foil commons for 2-3 uncommons and one rare in a booster box (which is about matching the 21.43% chance per pack), so this distribution seems wrong either way. Can someone with better knowledge (about official foil ratios) check this?

(also, it has been a very very long time ago but I believe packs were able to have more than one foil, if they weren't the same rarity, for example a rare plus a common.)
Seravy

Postby tjtillman » 09 Jun 2017, 06:51

r34135
CPU will play Trial of Solidarity even if it has no creatures of its own on the battlefield
tjtillman

Postby fmartel » 11 Jun 2017, 01:40

Description: [Starting a Puzzle Game]

NullPointerException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.65-SNAPSHOT-r-1
Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 amd64
Java Version:     1.8.0_101 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.screens.home.puzzle.CSubmenuPuzzleSolve$4.run(CSubmenuPuzzleSolve.java:87)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:916)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1528)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:100)
   at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:224)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
fmartel

Postby Agetian » 11 Jun 2017, 05:18

fmartel wrote:Description: [Starting a Puzzle Game]

at forge.screens.home.puzzle.CSubmenuPuzzleSolve$4.run(CSubmenuPuzzleSolve.java:87)
Hmm, just tried all three puzzles and did not get this error... which puzzle are you trying to start?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby fmartel » 12 Jun 2017, 02:22

Agetian wrote:
fmartel wrote:Description: [Starting a Puzzle Game]

Hmm, just tried all three puzzles and did not get this error... which puzzle are you trying to start?

- Agetian
I didn't select one :roll:
fmartel

Postby Agetian » 12 Jun 2017, 03:34

fmartel wrote:
Agetian wrote:Hmm, just tried all three puzzles and did not get this error... which puzzle are you trying to start?

- Agetian
I didn't select one :roll:
Ah, gotcha! Fixed it. :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby fmartel » 13 Jun 2017, 01:20

today, Forge stopped working 2 times.
1. Elite Archers deals 3 dmg to Spawnwrithe
Sans titre.png
Elite Archers deals 3 dmg to Spawwrithe

2. When dealing damage (and killing 2 AI) to oponents, Forge stopped when trying to replicate the Spawnwrithe.
Capture.PNG
Replicating Spawnwrithe
fmartel

Postby KrazyTheFox » 13 Jun 2017, 05:09

Seravy wrote:As I seem to get more foil rares than expected, i tried looking into it. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about java (except that it's similar to other languages I know), so I only got this far (boostergenerator.java):
"String foilSlot = !hasFoil ? null : foilAtEndOfPack ? BoosterSlots.COMMON : Aggregates.random(template.getSlots()).getKey();"

I assume this means if the pack does not have a foil card (chance seems to be hardcoded at 21.43% unless it's defined otherwise in the edition file) then don't select a slot for a foil card to appear in, if the edition is set to always have the foil in the last slot then put it there, and otherwise, pick a random slot and use that.
At this point my Java knowledge is not enough to continue but I suspect that it maybe weights slots equally per rarity (so 1/3 rare, 1/3 common, 1/3 uncommon), which would explain why I find as many or even more foil rares than commons and uncommons.
If that's not it, then my other guess is it picks one random slot out of 15 but that is way different from my ingame experience (2-3 foil rares per box or draft)

Unless things have changed a lot in those 10 years I wasn't playing MtG, I'm pretty sure there was about 4-6 foil commons for 2-3 uncommons and one rare in a booster box (which is about matching the 21.43% chance per pack), so this distribution seems wrong either way. Can someone with better knowledge (about official foil ratios) check this?

(also, it has been a very very long time ago but I believe packs were able to have more than one foil, if they weren't the same rarity, for example a rare plus a common.)
This does seem to be incorrect at first glance. I'll run some tests and see about fixing this if it needs it.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Seravy » 13 Jun 2017, 20:28

While at it, please also check the chance for foil basic lands - I do get them once in a blue moon from starters but it took me like over a hundred (urza's saga, I enabled foils for the set) starters to get like a total of 8 lands, and 6 of those are plains, 1 is a swamp, 1 is a mountain, no forests or islands at all.
Not that these had any "official" ratio, packs either had none or guaranteed exactly one depending on the set if I remember well, but with this rate they are almost unobtainable which is not fun.
Seravy

Postby fmartel » 15 Jun 2017, 16:26

Game froze when trying to multiplicate Spawnwrithe after killing an opponent.
Capture.PNG
Is spawnwrithe at fault ?
fmartel

Postby Dracontes » 20 Jun 2017, 03:42

More for r34127:
- It was interesting to get an achievement for winning after playing only one spell after the AI misstepped playing a Pact of Negation. No biggy for me: I mess up as well ;)

- The AI wasted a Lightning Bolt on an unearthed Hellspark Elemental that was already on its way out (log appended).
Snap 2017-06-17 at 07.52.05.png

- The AI sacrificed a Consulate Skygate to a Heart-Piercer Manticore's ETB trigger for no discernible benefit (log appended).
Snap 2017-06-17 at 08.20.05.png

- The AI uses Harvest Season when it has no tapped creatures, and otherwise gets no benefit from playing that sorcery.

- Forge hung after a long enough bout of my methodically going over the "Random Theme Decks" options and setting a match for each successively. IIRC I went from "Flying WU" to "Landfall brG". After I finished that last match, I went to attend to other concerns for a few minutes and when I returned the program was completely unresponsive. As usual I killed it on the Task Manager after verifying that the program was completely using up a CPU thread for a long enough while.
No crash happened during the next start up. However on subsequent start ups, Forge hangs immediately after loading. Time to download a new snapshot, I think.
Dracontes

Postby Dracontes » 20 Jun 2017, 08:57

An addendum to the last item on my previous post:
- Downloaded and installed r34317. Started it up. Looked around to see what was new and everything seemed to be okay. Moved away to attend to other matters on other software. When I returned, the program was again unresponsive and again using up a CPU thread. So after killing it on the Task Manager, I tried the standard trick of turning my computer off and on again. Problem apparently solved.
I can add that I use Forge to while away time while I'm collating sundry reference material, usually in the form of *.pdf files, so my use of it up until this bug showed up was concomitant with that of Seamonkey, Comodo Dragon and JDownloader 2.
Dracontes

Postby stormcat » 21 Jun 2017, 10:33

:r34324
When I cast any spells, forge showed the window of "Choose optional Costs".
Attachments
capture_001_21062017_193032.jpg
stormcat

Postby stormcat » 21 Jun 2017, 13:39

:r34326
When I sacrificed a creature that given Undying by Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Undying didn't triggered.
stormcat

Postby stormcat » 21 Jun 2017, 14:37

:r34330
Animate Dead is broken.
After it enter the battlefield, creature don't reanimate.
stormcat

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner