Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby MaxMtg » 28 Jul 2019, 22:53

friarsol wrote:
MaxMtg wrote:forge-1.6.28-SNAPSHOT-r94-0826f0c01f

Mana symbols for card abilities and lands just disappear

Instead I just get a dark box with Add .

Reseting Forge does not seem to solve this, tried to delete the Roaming Forge Files and nothing, usually this was how I tackled most of the Forge UI bugs, but now there's nothing I can do, tried to download Forge again but that also did not solve it
This is due to the Java version, for some reason more recent versions of Java aren't displaying the fonts properly.
The last Java Update has fixed this issue :D
MaxMtg

Postby Luxis » 06 Aug 2019, 09:52

Hey guys.
I'm having some issue that consists of sometimes I click a card that is in my hand and nothing happens. That's pretty much it. Doesn't even prompts for paying mana or anything like it. Like when you try to play another land on the same turn.
It has been happening in older versions too. Maybe since 1-6.23. I don't know. Sorry for the lack of details.
My Java is updated (java -version = "1.8.0_221").

I'm pretty sure it has already been commented or reported other ocasions around the forum, but I searched a lot for it but haven't found, I guess because of it being such a generic thing to describe, very hard thing to search.

Since I think it has already been talked about, I'm just seeking some link of it's discussion or anything like it, if not, I'll be happy to give more details of the bug, because it's a VERY annoying thing, literally unplayable cards.. so.. it quite sums it up.
Luxis

Postby friarsol » 07 Aug 2019, 01:05

Luxis wrote:Hey guys.
I'm having some issue that consists of sometimes I click a card that is in my hand and nothing happens. That's pretty much it. Doesn't even prompts for paying mana or anything like it. Like when you try to play another land on the same turn.
It has been happening in older versions too. Maybe since 1-6.23. I don't know. Sorry for the lack of details.
My Java is updated (java -version = "1.8.0_221").

I'm pretty sure it has already been commented or reported other ocasions around the forum, but I searched a lot for it but haven't found, I guess because of it being such a generic thing to describe, very hard thing to search.

Since I think it has already been talked about, I'm just seeking some link of it's discussion or anything like it, if not, I'll be happy to give more details of the bug, because it's a VERY annoying thing, literally unplayable cards.. so.. it quite sums it up.
Usually this happens if there's a phase restriction or no legal targets. You should post screenshots at least, because this is typically just user error.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Luxis » 07 Aug 2019, 20:26

friarsol wrote:Usually this happens if there's a phase restriction or no legal targets. You should post screenshots at least, because this is typically just user error.
Gladly!

Screen1:
Please consider that I have clicked on ALL the cards available in my hand and, of course, on the displayed one, Vedalken Ghoul, and nothing happens.
One important thing is: of the three "actually playable" cards in this hand, if I click Mindcrank it works, and I get prompted to spend the two colorless mana.
But it's very strange, since Forge always prompted for the mana even if you obviously can't pay the amount of mana for any card, but I don't think it has nothing to do with those values.

Screen2:
I restarted Forge after the print on Screen1, started a match, this time with a simpler deck, a Preconstructed one ("Fiery Dawn"), same as my opponent ("Monstrous Surprise"), and as it's showing that I can play Kruin Striker, as it's being prompted, for Moorland Inquisitor this doesn't happen. Yes, I click cancel for the casting of Kruini before trying to play Moorland, of course. Nothing happens when I click in ANY of the other cards.

Another curious stuff: I quit the Screen2 match, started another one, again with the deck from Screen1 and this time I couldn't even play the first card, an Ancient Ziggurat. It just didn't go to the board. :|
It's all very, veyr strange. I don't have a single clue.

And thank you very much for the quick reply! :)
Attachments
tempscreen2.jpg
Screen2
tempscreen.jpg
Screen1
Luxis

Postby Luxis » 07 Aug 2019, 21:14

Ok, much, much more detail now.

Just noticed the "This card is not supported by Forge. Whenever you start a game with this card, it will be bugged" in the "Card Detail", which is a panel that I never click.
Then, went to my "%appdata%\Forge" and into the "forge.log" and there it was:
"An unsupported card was requested: "<cardname>" from "<set>". We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet."
7000 occurances of this.
The thing is, this seems to be for random cards.
Luxis

Postby friarsol » 08 Aug 2019, 00:54

Luxis wrote:Ok, much, much more detail now.

Just noticed the "This card is not supported by Forge. Whenever you start a game with this card, it will be bugged" in the "Card Detail", which is a panel that I never click.
Then, went to my "%appdata%\Forge" and into the "forge.log" and there it was:
"An unsupported card was requested: "<cardname>" from "<set>". We're sorry, but you cannot use this card yet."
7000 occurances of this.
The thing is, this seems to be for random cards.
Is lazy loading on? I think there's a bug in lazy loading. Otherwise, I don't know why people run into this problem. You should redownload the package, something is messed up with your resources.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Devilman06 » 08 Aug 2019, 15:55

forge-1.6.28-SNAPSHOT-r147-89e23077ca

Vesuva does not copy a land when it enters the battlefield. when clicking on it from hand it has the usual message that it enters tapped as a copy of another land but does not allow for a choice of which land. it just enters as vesuva and no abilities
Devilman06

Postby PrinzMurmel » 10 Aug 2019, 10:16

I had a crash playing a Myrrodin quest duel (Forge 1.6.27). I was attacking successfully for the final kill, and then got this:
Code: Select all
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.quest.QuestWinLoseController.awardEventCredits(QuestWinLoseController.java:222)
   at forge.quest.QuestWinLoseController.access$500(QuestWinLoseController.java:37)
   at forge.quest.QuestWinLoseController$1.run(QuestWinLoseController.java:114)
   at forge.screens.match.ViewWinLose.showRewards(ViewWinLose.java:272)
   at forge.quest.QuestWinLoseController.showRewards(QuestWinLoseController.java:88)
   at forge.screens.match.QuestWinLose.populateCustomPanel(QuestWinLose.java:58)
   at forge.screens.match.ViewWinLose.<init>(ViewWinLose.java:152)
   at forge.screens.match.CMatchUI.finishGame(CMatchUI.java:775)
   at forge.control.FControlGameEventHandler$1.run(FControlGameEventHandler.java:116)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
See also the screenshot.
Regards, P.M. {G}
Attachments
Crash_Quest.jpg
PrinzMurmel

Postby Kiryu666 » 13 Aug 2019, 20:26

put prebuilt commander decks in forge and let us use them in quest commander mode!

sorry for posting here but it seems to be the forge's most attention topic ^^
Kiryu666

Postby Kiryu666 » 13 Aug 2019, 22:26

forge-1.6.28-SNAPSHOT-r201-b591421bd5

After downloading the file "price" in the options I noticed that it is empty with that the prices of the quest mode cards remained unchanged as if it was not downloaded with it.

:? :mrgreen:
Kiryu666

Postby PrinzMurmel » 14 Aug 2019, 21:17

A question: I was playing a quest duel using Aether Vial. When I had 3 charge counters, I used it to play a cost 3 creature. That worked fine, but all charge counters were kept, so three turns later I could buy another cost 6 creature 8-[
I suspect this is not the intended behaviour? If it is, the card is way too cheap in my opinion..

Regards,
P.M. {G}
Last edited by PrinzMurmel on 15 Aug 2019, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
PrinzMurmel

Postby CptKird » 15 Aug 2019, 09:44

Hi,
that's exactly how that card works! :)
Let it charge up on counters to your liking and pop a critter matching the combined casting cost/counters each turn for free, preferrably in your opponents turn ;)

All the best
K.
CptKird

Postby PrinzMurmel » 15 Aug 2019, 10:51

One more question,
I frequently get confused by what 'Shroud' means. I had a creature attack that was protected by Whispersilk Cloak. Then my opponent played Sunblast Angel, and gone was my attacker :?
Shouldn't have that been prevented?
I guess 'Hexproof' is the 'stronger' version and would have worked..

Regards,
P.M. {G}
PrinzMurmel

Postby Devilman06 » 15 Aug 2019, 13:13

PrinzMurmel wrote:One more question,
I frequently get confused by what 'Shroud' means. I had a creature attack that was protected by Whispersilk Cloak. Then my opponent played Sunblast Angel, and gone was my attacker :?
Shouldn't have that been prevented?
I guess 'Hexproof' is the 'stronger' version and would have worked..

Regards,
P.M. {G}
nope doesn't work that way. Shroud and hexproof prevent TARGET effects. so anything that say target creature, say, tap TARGET creature for instance, in the ability or spell.
the difference is Hexproof prevents your opponent from targeting, Shroud Prevents anyone, yourself included, from targeting. Neither do anything against full board effects
Devilman06

Postby Kiryu666 » 16 Aug 2019, 23:55

card prices are not being downloaded the "prices" file is empty

forge-1.6.28-SNAPSHOT-r217-db00eb640d
Kiryu666

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner