It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:34

Text Size

Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby friarsol » 23 Feb 2012, 17:52

krevett wrote:Hi everyone, got a small problem today with disrupting student countering one of my spell (ability on the stack) so i click ok to resolve and pay 1 but the first land i tap for mana produce nothing (the ability isn't resolved and i got no mana in my pool) and i'm still asked to pay for 1... When i tap a second land it's resolved as normal!
I was realy annoyed the AI forced me to pay 2 more each time i was casting a spell instead of just 1.
What revision/version are you on? I thought Sloth fixed that already.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby krevett » 23 Feb 2012, 17:55

Sorry i forgot to tell the revision it's forge 1.2.3 r13777
krevett

Postby friarsol » 23 Feb 2012, 18:03

krevett wrote:Sorry i forgot to tell the revision it's forge 1.2.3 r13777
Please post bug reports in the main forge forum, under the thread that announces the release that you are using. However, I believe this bug is already fixed in the developer's version.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby krevett » 23 Feb 2012, 21:18

Ok thanks, sorry :wink:
krevett

Postby Max mtg » 23 Feb 2012, 21:30

Chris H. wrote:
Doublestrike wrote:Is anyone else having problems with the custom constructed decks?
Yep, I downloaded the archive and all five of those decks are failing to load.

The deck "Bronson Magnan - Confidant Aggro Loam" appears to be using an older metadata style:

I created a deck in the deck editor and saved it and this is what it looks like:
Should work now.
However, I decided that constructed folder should contain decks of actual format only.
So, decks of old format are moved to parent (/res/decks) and from there they are converted by OldDeckParser

Otherwise, you might end up having several files with the same deck name that, of those only one will be avliable for edits.
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 23 Feb 2012, 23:34

Max mtg wrote:Should work now.
However, I decided that constructed folder should contain decks of actual format only.
So, decks of old format are moved to parent (/res/decks) and from there they are converted by OldDeckParser

Otherwise, you might end up having several files with the same deck name that, of those only one will be avliable for edits.
`
Thank you Max.

At one point in the past all deck files were located inside of a single file. Rares created the Import and Export deck commands so that people could exchange decks.

Silly Freak updated the code so that decks were saved as individual text files and he had a converter to help people use the new format. Silly Freak's version had limited metadata and was meant as a starting point for future development.

I suspect that Gos does not actually use forge to create all of those decks that we see in the decks forum. He likely has a template that he loads into a text editor and from there he simply copy and pastes card lists for the various decks that he finds on various web pages. Paste in the deck name at the top and use the same deck name as he saves the text file.

Using the Forge deck editor would likely take Gos far too much time to create all of those decks. :)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby jeffwadsworth » 24 Feb 2012, 00:17

I am seeing this error upon startup...around 4500 in the card loadup. V. 14321

| Open
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
at forge.CardReader.loadCard(CardReader.java:454)
at forge.CardReader.loadCard(CardReader.java:552)
at forge.CardReader.loadCardsUntilYouFind(CardReader.java:293)
at forge.CardReader.run(CardReader.java:251)
at forge.card.cardfactory.PreloadingCardFactory.readCards(PreloadingCardFactory.java:126)
at forge.card.cardfactory.PreloadingCardFactory.<init>(PreloadingCardFactory.java:83)
at forge.AllZone.getCardFactory(AllZone.java:291)
at forge.control.FControl.initialize(FControl.java:105)
at forge.view.Main.main(Main.java:54)
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby Chris H. » 24 Feb 2012, 00:59

jeffwadsworth wrote:I am seeing this error upon startup...around 4500 in the card loadup. V. 14321

| Open
at forge.card.cardfactory.PreloadingCardFactory.readCards(PreloadingCardFactory.java:126)
at forge.card.cardfactory.PreloadingCardFactory.<init>(PreloadingCardFactory.java:83)
`
The card text for your new card:

Heretic's Punishment | Open
Name:Heretic's Punishment
ManaCost:4 R
Types:Enchantment
Text:no text
A:AB$ Mill | Cost$ 3 R | NumCards$ 3 | RememberMilled$ True | SubAbility$ DBHereticDamage | SpellDescription$ Choose target creature or player, then put the top three cards of your library into your graveyard. CARDNAME deals damage to that creature or player equal to the highest converted mana cost among those cards.
SVar:DBHereticDamage:DB$ DealDamage | ValidTgts$ Creature,Player | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature or player | NumDmg$ HereticX | SubAbility$ DBHereticCleanup
SVar:DBHereticCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
SVar:HereticX:Count$HighestCMCRemembered
SVar:RemAIDeck:True
SVar:RemRandomDeck
SVar:Rarity:Rare
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/heretics_punishment.jpg
End

`
One of your SVars is missing the third cell. It has the key but no value to assign. Should be easy to find and to fix. :wink:
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby jeffwadsworth » 24 Feb 2012, 01:52

Chris H. wrote:
jeffwadsworth wrote:I am seeing this error upon startup...around 4500 in the card loadup. V. 14321

| Open
`
The card text for your new card:

Heretic's Punishment | Open
Name:Heretic's Punishment
ManaCost:4 R
Types:Enchantment
Text:no text
A:AB$ Mill | Cost$ 3 R | NumCards$ 3 | RememberMilled$ True | SubAbility$ DBHereticDamage | SpellDescription$ Choose target creature or player, then put the top three cards of your library into your graveyard. CARDNAME deals damage to that creature or player equal to the highest converted mana cost among those cards.
SVar:DBHereticDamage:DB$ DealDamage | ValidTgts$ Creature,Player | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature or player | NumDmg$ HereticX | SubAbility$ DBHereticCleanup
SVar:DBHereticCleanup:DB$ Cleanup | ClearRemembered$ True
SVar:HereticX:Count$HighestCMCRemembered
SVar:RemAIDeck:True
SVar:RemRandomDeck
SVar:Rarity:Rare
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/heretics_punishment.jpg
End

`
One of your SVars is missing the third cell. It has the key but no value to assign. Should be easy to find and to fix. :wink:
Nice. Thanks.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby krevett » 24 Feb 2012, 08:40

Hi, testin v1.2.4 r14306, just noticed that the avatar I select for human and computer are inversed during a match...

Edit: nice new features between quest shop, avatars, prompting "save deck" upon exit in quest mode and of course new cards :D
krevett

Postby gos » 24 Feb 2012, 13:53

Chris H. wrote:I suspect that Gos does not actually use forge to create all of those decks that we see in the decks forum. He likely has a template that he loads into a text editor and from there he simply copy and pastes card lists for the various decks that he finds on various web pages. Paste in the deck name at the top and use the same deck name as he saves the text file.

Using the Forge deck editor would likely take Gos far too much time to create all of those decks. :)
Indeed :)

I use a (MySQL) database for storing the decks and php for making the .dck files.

I could switch to the new format if it makes life easier for anybody, although changing all the files in the zip-collections would be a bit of work.
gos

Postby Chris H. » 24 Feb 2012, 15:32

gos wrote:I use a (MySQL) database for storing the decks and php for making the .dck files.

I could switch to the new format if it makes life easier for anybody, although changing all the files in the zip-collections would be a bit of work.
`
Thank you for the explanation. Automation is a good thing. :)

The new metadata format appears to be a fairly minor change. Feel free to convert your script if it is not too much work.

No need to change all of the earlier decks, people can place them into the /decks/ directory and Max's converter will convert and then move them into the /decks/constructed/ directory automatically.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Max mtg » 24 Feb 2012, 18:29

The change is really simple: I removed some fields from metadata that were marking gametype or playertype who can play the deck. From now on it is determined by deck location and filename, so that the deck files themselves are mostly the same across all folders.

I advise that you update the mysql export tool, though the decks can be loaded by forge even as they are.
Max mtg
Programmer

Re: Forge version 1.2.4

Postby krevett » 25 Feb 2012, 08:11

I also got a crash If i try to put a new precon in quest mode, and I confirm that avatar are inversed and quest opponent do not refresh until you click another tab (as well as number of match win/loss it's not refreshed until you restart forge).
krevett

Re: Forge version 1.2.4

Postby Max mtg » 25 Feb 2012, 10:54

krevett wrote:I also got a crash If i try to put a new precon in quest mode
What exactly are you doing?

(moderators might move these messages to snapshop build bugreports)
Max mtg
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner