Text Size

Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby friarsol » 03 Mar 2021, 16:54

Argo wrote:
friarsol wrote:
Argo wrote:The new card Lithoform Engine, does not work properly, when you go to activate the artifact, nothing happens, regardless if you have the mana to activate it. I checked to see if anything was preventing activating the card and I could find none.
Was there a valid target?
all of my creatures, few enchantments, but yes. Nothing should have prevented using the Lithoform Engine, right clicking card did nothing, gave no chance to target anything ability to activate it. It was as if the card was in operable for no reason. There was nothing on the battlefield that prevented activating artifacts. In fact i had my Bow of Nylea on the BF as well, which I could activate without issue
Lithoform Engine only targets spells.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Argo » 11 Mar 2021, 07:09

Noticing an issue with the card Fynn,the Fangbearer. His triggered ability isn't even remotely detected as a threat to the current games default AI settings. You can freely attack AI opponents, who only see your creature's as low damage death touch creatures unaware upon hit Fynns ability triggers and they can receive massive amounts of poison counters. There have been instances where AI should have easily declared blockers and survived but they don't as I don't think they see the low power creatures as a threat when they have full health pools. Not sure if Fynn's ability can be seen as some kind of infect property to the AI (probably not as there's no active property to be seen until they take damage) but seems like some kind of oversight, but maybe its just a limitation.
Argo

Postby Rovagnati » 22 Mar 2021, 13:44

Hello everyone, i would like to report some issues with some cards, i hope it's helpful, i'm using the latest forge build, the 1.6.39:

- The (-x) ability of Chandra, Awakened Inferno doesn't let you choose an amount for (x), so the ability always hits for 0 damage;

- After playing Trinisphere the game basically stops working, the opposing AI stays blocked at the beginning of the first Main Phase with the message "Waiting for opponent..." in the prompt box.
Conceding or closing the window does not work and does not open the sideboard menù, the game remains in the opponent's Main Phase 1 until you concede for the second time, then it goes to the main menù;

- The cycling ability of Shark Typhoon does not create the shark token, it lets you choose (and pay) the amount for (x) but then it only draws a card;

- When tapping Urza's Mine, Urza's Power Plant and Urza's Tower while they are all in play you don't get extra mana, they only tap for (1) each;

- When attacking with Myr Battlesphere it doesn't let you choose more than one other untapped Myr, you should be able to tap (x) untapped Myr you control and give the battlesphere +x/+0 and make it inflict (x) damage to the player or planeswalker it's targeting.

That said, you people are great, i really hope this is useful in some way. :D
Rovagnati

Postby kevlahnota » 22 Mar 2021, 16:32

Rovagnati wrote:Hello everyone, i would like to report some issues with some cards, i hope it's helpful, i'm using the latest forge build, the 1.6.39:

- The (-x) ability of Chandra, Awakened Inferno doesn't let you choose an amount for (x), so the ability always hits for 0 damage;

- After playing Trinisphere the game basically stops working, the opposing AI stays blocked at the beginning of the first Main Phase with the message "Waiting for opponent..." in the prompt box.
Conceding or closing the window does not work and does not open the sideboard menù, the game remains in the opponent's Main Phase 1 until you concede for the second time, then it goes to the main menù;

- The cycling ability of Shark Typhoon does not create the shark token, it lets you choose (and pay) the amount for (x) but then it only draws a card;

- When tapping Urza's Mine, Urza's Power Plant and Urza's Tower while they are all in play you don't get extra mana, they only tap for (1) each;

- When attacking with Myr Battlesphere it doesn't let you choose more than one other untapped Myr, you should be able to tap (x) untapped Myr you control and give the battlesphere +x/+0 and make it inflict (x) damage to the player or planeswalker it's targeting.

That said, you people are great, i really hope this is useful in some way. :D
I tried all of these scenario and I cannot reproduce all of them. I suggest re install the latest snapshots and assets (1.6.39 and newer if available)

Here's reference images (Urza land in Myr Battlesphere screenshot):

Screenshot_2021-03-23-00-16-38-97_c89cc3d127c3e90b5e7445d3382e6264.jpg
Shark Typhoon

kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Falfaug513 » 24 Mar 2021, 02:54

Hey guys,

I found a bug on the latest release of Forge 1.6.39. Anytime I attack with Shared Animosity on the field, the game crashes at Waiting for opponent.
Attachments
shared animosity bug.jpg
Falfaug513

Postby Tarasha » 31 Mar 2021, 12:46

March 31st Lastest edition(1.6.40.033021u2.S)
Android :Can't create new profile in Planar Conquest mode,it always pops an exception and nothing happened.(help!)
Tarasha

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 02 Apr 2021, 18:23

Forge 1.6.40.210402 SNAPSHOTS

It's impossible to destroy creatures with the second phase of Firja's Retribution.

There's a problem with Tenured Inkcaster.

Code: Select all
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in Trigger for Card: Tenured Inkcaster
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.parseTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:147)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.readCardFace(CardFactory.java:382)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.readCard(CardFactory.java:334)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.getCard(CardFactory.java:217)
   at forge.game.card.CardFactory.getCard(CardFactory.java:212)
   at forge.game.card.Card.fromPaperCard(Card.java:6594)
   at forge.game.card.Card.getCardForUi(Card.java:6605)
   at forge.game.card.CardView.getCardForUi(CardView.java:63)
   at forge.screens.match.controllers.CDetailPicture.showItem(CDetailPicture.java:58)
   at forge.screens.deckeditor.CDeckEditorUI.setCard(CDeckEditorUI.java:100)
   at forge.screens.deckeditor.CDeckEditorUI$7.valueChanged(CDeckEditorUI.java:279)
   at forge.itemmanager.views.ItemView.onSelectionChange(ItemView.java:311)
   at forge.itemmanager.views.ItemListView$ItemTableModel$2.focusGained(ItemListView.java:612)
   at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.focusGained(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processFocusEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in Trigger for Card: Tenured Inkcaster
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.parseTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:173)
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.parseTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:139)
   ... 43 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: AbilityFactory : getAbility -- Tenured Inkcaster has no SVar: TrigDamage
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:170)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityFactory.getAbility(AbilityFactory.java:164)
   at forge.game.trigger.Trigger.ensureAbility(Trigger.java:591)
   at forge.game.trigger.TriggerHandler.parseTrigger(TriggerHandler.java:158)
   ... 44 more
AStrangerIsHere

Postby wcbeck4 » 06 Apr 2021, 03:04

In build https://downloads.cardforge.org/dailysn ... ligned.apk Adrix and Nev doubles all tokens (or at least all creature tokens) created, not just YOUR tokens
Also Golden Ratio isn't drawing the right amount. I believe it's drawing equal to the total number of creatures on the battlefield instead of number of different powers on your side, but haven't been able to cast it enough to verify.
wcbeck4

Postby Parallel » 07 Apr 2021, 12:31

Hi,

I've recently installed the game and I'm loving it. I am on v1.6.39.001 (Alpha) for android.

The issue I am having is with Rayami, first of the fallen.

Whenever any of my creatures die while it's on the battlefield they get exiled correctly, and the log notes the replacement effect. However, Rayami is not gaining any of the key words.

Examples include when a Bay Falcon was banished under Rayami, I was still tapping to attack, and couldnt attack when Stormtide Leviathan came into play. Other keywords I've noticed it didnt get even include Lifelink and Menace.

Also is the app reloading if I change window a bug? As that keeps happening.

Thanks.
Parallel

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 08 Apr 2021, 15:25

SNAPSHOT 1.6.40.210407

Not a bug but when you activate Shadrix Silverquill ability, it's hard to choose a mode for your opponent or yourself.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 17 Apr 2021, 12:01

SNAPSHOT 1.6.40.210413u3

Mila, Crafty Companion / Lukka, Wayward Bonder

There's two problems with Lukka. First, when you activate his first ability, you don't have to discard to draw a card. Second, when you activate his second ability, the creature that enters the battlefield doesn't have haste.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 20 Apr 2021, 17:08

SNAPSHOT 1.6.40.210420

If you click on a card in your hand when a card with learn is activated, it becomes impossible to choose a lesson in your sideboard. In fact, in one case, it also sent one of my card (Baleful Mastery) directly to the graveyard.
AStrangerIsHere

Postby friarsol » 21 Apr 2021, 00:23

AStrangerIsHere wrote:SNAPSHOT 1.6.40.210420

If you click on a card in your hand when a card with learn is activated, it becomes impossible to choose a lesson in your sideboard. In fact, in one case, it also sent one of my card (Baleful Mastery) directly to the graveyard.
Isn't that what Learn does? You can either take a card from your sideboard or discard a card to draw a card?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Jobexi » 21 Apr 2021, 01:32

Running the latest snapshot: If I have a [[Fortified Area]] and a wall on the field, the game infinitely waits for the opponent at the Declare Attackers phase.

Code: Select all
Game-0 > java.lang.NullPointerException
        at forge.game.combat.CombatUtil.canAttack(CombatUtil.java:244)
        at forge.game.combat.CombatUtil.canAttack(CombatUtil.java:206)
        at forge.gamemodes.match.input.InputAttack.isBandingPossible(InputAttack.java:326)
        at forge.gamemodes.match.input.InputAttack.<init>(InputAttack.java:70)
        at forge.player.PlayerControllerHuman.declareAttackers(PlayerControllerHuman.java:1386)
        at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.declareAttackersTurnBasedAction(PhaseHandler.java:554)
        at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.onPhaseBegin(PhaseHandler.java:314)
        at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:1116)
        at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1870)
        at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:102)
        at forge.gamemodes.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:251)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Jobexi

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 21 Apr 2021, 06:12

friarsol wrote:
AStrangerIsHere wrote:SNAPSHOT 1.6.40.210420

Isn't that what Learn does? You can either take a card from your sideboard or discard a card to draw a card?
:lol: You're right! I didn't even noticed the second part of the ability, my bad. Or maybe, I did but I've completely forgotten about it.
AStrangerIsHere

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner